The Lucid Spiritual Plane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 06:15 PM

RE: The Lucid Spiritual Plane
(06-05-2013 06:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh boy, don't feed the madness!

And yet here you are in the superstition board, following my post around as usual. It's one thing to be mad, it's even sadder to be a planet in orbit around the madman.
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 06:21 PM
So... how do we test this?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2013, 06:48 PM

(06-05-2013 06:21 PM)nach_in Wrote:  So... how do we test this?

I don't think you can.

You can do experiments to show the mind is immaterial and not emmergent from the brain. You can probably do the math that leads to an assumption of multiverses. After that, you can follow a kind of logic chain of assumptions that lead to this--which is how I got to it. But I don't think there's anyway to actually detect the lucid spiritual plane from the communal universe we live in.

This is the spiritual stuff. I guess it either makes sense to you or it doesn't. For me, I am certain the lucid spiritual plane exists. I was certain of it even in the Christian phase of veridicanism. In fact I even wrote it into the articles of faith for the first veridican church.

I mean, I could write out the chain of assumptions that leads me to believe in it, but I'm not suggesting that's proof or a test. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

A chain of assumptions can be logically coherent and still not be true. But if you read them and thought, "Yeah, that confirms my experiences in this life." Then I guess we'd agree. And you'd live your life the way I do. [Image: 31%20(1).gif]
06-05-2013, 07:03 PM
(06-05-2013 06:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 06:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Waveform. Like a pebble in a lake.

Oh boy, don't feed the madness!

Sadcryface2

But I got extra! Weeping

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Oh. You're talking about the subconscious and most people's inability to access subconscious and repressed memories.

God didn't do that. Your subconscious did God. Wink

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
06-05-2013, 07:22 PM
(06-05-2013 06:15 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 06:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh boy, don't feed the madness!

And yet here you are in the superstition board, following my post around as usual. It's one thing to be mad, it's even sadder to be a planet in orbit around the madman.

Ah, but it's entertaining to watch your mind spin around from one thing to the next... you just make all this stuff up as you go. Maybe you should get more serious about writing books again, you can weave a lot of the woo into the stories, lots of people like woo books.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
06-05-2013, 07:33 PM
(06-05-2013 06:48 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 06:21 PM)nach_in Wrote:  So... how do we test this?

I don't think you can.

You can do experiments to show the mind is immaterial and not emmergent from the brain. You can probably do the math that leads to an assumption of multiverses. After that, you can follow a kind of logic chain of assumptions that lead to this--which is how I got to it. But I don't think there's anyway to actually detect the lucid spiritual plane from the communal universe we live in.

This is the spiritual stuff. I guess it either makes sense to you or it doesn't. For me, I am certain the lucid spiritual plane exists. I was certain of it even in the Christian phase of veridicanism. In fact I even wrote it into the articles of faith for the first veridican church.

I mean, I could write out the chain of assumptions that leads me to believe in it, but I'm not suggesting that's proof or a test. [Image: nixweiss.gif]

A chain of assumptions can be logically coherent and still not be true. But if you read them and thought, "Yeah, that confirms my experiences in this life." Then I guess we'd agree. And you'd live your life the way I do. [Image: 31%20(1).gif]

ok so this is just another pile of woo with the "you can't prove it but it's real" label on it.

Hobo

[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
06-05-2013, 09:57 PM
(06-05-2013 07:33 PM)nach_in Wrote:  ok so this is just another pile of woo with the "you can't prove it but it's real" label on it.

Hobo

Lucy the Spiritual Plane is NOT woo! Here she is on her way to Miami.
[attachment=1369]

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-05-2013, 10:03 PM
(06-05-2013 09:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 07:33 PM)nach_in Wrote:  ok so this is just another pile of woo with the "you can't prove it but it's real" label on it.

Hobo

Lucy the Spiritual Plane is NOT woo! Here she is on her way to Miami.

Is that picture peer-reviewed? it seems shopped, I cant tell for some of the pixels and doing some shops in my time Consider

[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
06-05-2013, 10:26 PM

(06-05-2013 07:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, but it's entertaining to watch your mind spin around from one thing to the next... you just make all this stuff up as you go. Maybe you should get more serious about writing books again, you can weave a lot of the woo into the stories, lots of people like woo books.

Did you buy and read my book, Caretakers of Eternity?