The Lucid Spiritual Plane

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2013, 09:11 AM
RE: The Lucid Spiritual Plane
I still don't get why you have such a dislike to people who are atheists Ed. That is stereotyping a lot of people.

If you was to witness an extreme and selfless act of kindness, from one human being to another. How would you know that the person doing this was either religious or an atheist... and in that moment, what relevance would it actually matter?

Lets say your wife is in an accident. Would you still hate the atheist who gave up their own free time and effort to donate blood that helped contribute to saving your wife? Would you still hate the atheist paramedic crews who did everything they could, speaking kindly and treating your wife with care to make sure she lived? Would you still hate the atheists doctors and nurses who made sure your wife recovered in the hospital to the best of their abilities?

All of the atheists who each and every single day, who do good deeds, sometimes in some situations with no thanks or acknowledgement... are all of these people bad people?

Where does this hate come from dude? Is it from previous encounters where you have spoken faith/spiritualism and gotten ill mannered responses?

I don't get it Huh

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 10:23 AM
(09-05-2013 12:09 AM)Egor Wrote:  You know the problem with Richard Dawkins? He's not any fun. I remember watching a YouTube interview with Christopher Hitchens who just had to have a glass of booze with him and sip on it while being interviewed--he was no fun either. He was just a depressed middle-aged drunk. As if I need another one of those in my life.

In fact, I never see atheists laugh--ever. All they do is hate religion, and religion is everywhere, which means they hate everything all the time. Yesterday, I went to the French Quarter (yes, with my wife) and we had our Tarot read in a new age shop that was crawling with over-friendly cats. Everyone in there was either a psychic or a witch. Before that we went into a Cathedral and crossed ourselves with the holy water--it just seemed the right thing to do. It was--magical. Actually, the church was more magical than the New Age shop. Go figure. [Image: 23.gif]

Then we had a beer in a dive bar nestled in-between stip clubs with girls standing outside in their...underwear, and then we came home. A great time was had by all.

The only thing that would have made it suck would have been to have an atheist along. [Image: 40%20(3).gif]

Well, I must admit that Dawkins does seem a bit uptight but let's face it... he's British.

That said, I've never been to NOLA with him so I don't know what he's like outside the environment of one of his documentaries or one of his speeches. I guess you have.

My wife and I love visiting NOLA and we used to go there at least twice a year. Voodoo shops are fun to visit but only in the sense that amusement parks are fun to visit. We prefer to shop at the French Quarter, party on Bourbon Street and visit the historical sites in the city.

I was wondering. Aren't you the guy with the sign?

[Image: 2829967560_9709c6e27c_o.jpg]

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
09-05-2013, 10:50 AM
(09-05-2013 12:09 AM)Egor Wrote:  You know the problem with Richard Dawkins? He's not any fun. I remember watching a YouTube interview with Christopher Hitchens who just had to have a glass of booze with him and sip on it while being interviewed--he was no fun either. He was just a depressed middle-aged drunk. As if I need another one of those in my life.

In fact, I never see atheists laugh--ever. All they do is hate religion, and religion is everywhere, which means they hate everything all the time. Yesterday, I went to the French Quarter (yes, with my wife) and we had our Tarot read in a new age shop that was crawling with over-friendly cats. Everyone in there was either a psychic or a witch. Before that we went into a Cathedral and crossed ourselves with the holy water--it just seemed the right thing to do. It was--magical. Actually, the church was more magical than the New Age shop. Go figure. [Image: 23.gif]

Then we had a beer in a dive bar nestled in-between stip clubs with girls standing outside in their...underwear, and then we came home. A great time was had by all.

The only thing that would have made it suck would have been to have an atheist along. [Image: 40%20(3).gif]

Egor, why do you always try to make all sorts of different people fit into one mold?

Does it feel safer or something?

People are all different. Atheism doesn't define a person, it is one of many personal traits.

Atheism is the only thing most people here have in common, other than that they are as different as night and day. Different cultures, economic situations, education, living situations, ages, colors, personal relationships, levels of humor, and, and, and, and, and........

You seem to see atheism as something that defines a person. Just like earlier you used being homeless as something that defines a person.

This is called prejudice, and it is wrong in almost all cases. Each person is different, has different reasons for being in the life stage they are in, has different ways of dealing with it and feels differently about it.

Maybe if you learned to embrace and enjoy diversity, your world would make a lot more sense to you.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-05-2013, 10:51 AM

(09-05-2013 05:29 AM)Luminon Wrote:  But would you please stop stealing from Theosophy and Alice Bailey, or at least cite them properly? That would be an improvement.

I know nothing about Theosophy or Alice Bailey. I figured out the concept of the lucid spiritual plane through lucid dream analysis, my own observations of consciousness, the idea of reincarnation, the elements of NDE's, and logical conclusions about the motives of the Divine Source.

If my idea happens to coincide with someone else's then I think that's a good thing.

Quote:The next improvement to take is to provide some good evidence for what you say, so that even the "uninitiated" readers of scientific journals may partake on your wisdom. Hint: this is the hard part and I haven't yet quite figured out that myself.

One can observe paramecia swimming around with will and purpose and read the scientific literature on how they can be trained. They are only one-celled animals with no neurology at all. Their apparent consciousness must be external not emergent. One can look at instinctual knowledge in animals, that is not possible from our understanding of neurology.

One can consider the evidence of psi: precognition, remote viewing, past life evidence in children, esp. This all necessitates that consciousness is external, not emergent from the brain.

One can then considers what happens when our consciousness is altered in sleep--we dream. When we dream, our mind (which must be external) creates a universe for itself. When we wake up, we see we exist in a universe we didn't make--so some other mind must have created it.

Apparently, creating a universe is what a mind does.

That's all I got. [Image: 23.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2013, 10:57 AM

(09-05-2013 05:35 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Has your wife converted from Veridicianism to this new age religion with you, or is she going to take a little time to catch up?

She could catch up, if I'd stop changing direction. My wife is pretty anti-church, believes God speaks to her when she prays. She says she prays all the time. And in general, I think she thinks I'm pretty smart hopes I am right, or will come to land on the right thing.

I don't preach any religion now. I think everyone has to create their own religion. I have my own beliefs, and I share them, but they are for edification only. Everyone has their own path to walk.
09-05-2013, 11:10 AM

(09-05-2013 09:11 AM)bemore Wrote:  I still don't get why you have such a dislike to people who are atheists Ed. That is stereotyping a lot of people.

If I had dislike for atheists, I wouldn't be in this forum. And frankly, I think some people may need to be atheists in this incarnation. I think atheism is incorrect, that is I beleive the Divine Source exists. So, I come here and have fun debating it and hopefully learning some things in the process. I think that's pretty much what this forum is for.

Quote:If you was to witness an extreme and selfless act of kindness, from one human being to another. How would you know that the person doing this was either religious or an atheist... and in that moment, what relevance would it actually matter?

No, it wouldn't matter at all.

Quote:Lets say your wife is in an accident. Would you still hate the atheist who gave up their own free time and effort to donate blood that helped contribute to saving your wife? Would you still hate the atheist paramedic crews who did everything they could, speaking kindly and treating your wife with care to make sure she lived? Would you still hate the atheists doctors and nurses who made sure your wife recovered in the hospital to the best of their abilities?

I would hope they wouldn't be wearing t-shirts claiming to be atheists. Having said that, unless a surgeon is an advanced kind of soul, I think I'd rather have an atheist surgeon than a Christian one. Atheist doctors seem to be more concerned about being competent and right. Although Hindu ones are pretty good too--it's like they have something to prove over here in the U.S.

Quote:All of the atheists who each and every single day, who do good deeds, sometimes in some situations with no thanks or acknowledgement... are all of these people bad people?

Good deeds, bad deeds, we all do good deeds and bad deeds. It has nothing to do with our religion. I think most morality is psychologically trained into us from a very young age--either for better or worse. On the lucid spiritual plane, there is no morality except what you create in your system of a universe.

Quote:Where does this hate come from dude?

Don't you guys ever get tired of beating that strawman drum? I said atheists are no fun and you think I "hate." That pisses me off. And you know what? Even though you piss me off, that doesn't mean I hate you. Imagine that?

And then, after all I wrote to you about doing your chart for free, you don't even respond. You just ignore it. You don't even click on "like" for the Hannibal Lecter meme I made just for you. See, that's what I'm talking about -- [Image: 38%20(2).gif]
09-05-2013, 11:12 AM

(09-05-2013 10:23 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I was wondering. Aren't you the guy with the sign?

Not anymore. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
09-05-2013, 11:20 AM

(09-05-2013 10:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  Egor, why do you always try to make all sorts of different people fit into one mold?

People are all different. Atheism doesn't define a person, it is one of many personal traits.

Atheism is the only thing most people here have in common, other than that they are as different as night and day. Different cultures, economic situations, education, living situations, ages, colors, personal relationships, levels of humor, and, and, and, and, and........

You seem to see atheism as something that defines a person. Just like earlier you used being homeless as something that defines a person.

This is called prejudice, and it is wrong in almost all cases. Each person is different, has different reasons for being in the life stage they are in, has different ways of dealing with it and feels differently about it.

Maybe if you learned to embrace and enjoy diversity, your world would make a lot more sense to you.

I've been to twelve different countries, lived in four different countries, married an American Indian, and I work as a nurse in the Southeastern area of the United States, in a mental hospital, no less, where at any given time half my patients are "homeless." My sister was married to an illegal alien from Mexico, so I have three half-hispanic nieces and nephews, and they're all regular Catholics. One of them is mentally challenged. My daughter is British/American, lives in England, and I have four grandsons who all talk like sound effects from a Pink Floyd album.

Whether I wan't to "embrace" diversity or not, I don't have a lot of choice in the matter.Drinking Beverage

What about you? Consider
09-05-2013, 11:32 AM
(09-05-2013 11:12 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 10:23 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I was wondering. Aren't you the guy with the sign?

Not anymore. Smile

That's good to hear. Thumbsup

Those guys really don't bother us much, although there was one trip to a Nawlins in November lifestyle convention when one of them became a nuisance. We had a parade going down Bourbon with all of the women nude from the waste up (their breasts were painted) and this one guy just jumped right in there with the parade... "You're Going to Hell" sign and all.

It's amazing how a dozen or so sets of boobies will make a man of God abandon his post. Tongue

On a side note, one of the most memorable experiences we've had in NOLA was in (I think) 2004. Larry Flint had just opened the adult toy store right across from the Astor Crowne Plaza and my wife and I had the opportunity to meet him in the store before the grand opening started. Nice guy but damned hard to understand his speech due to his being shot by an angry racist.

I agree with Dom's assessment of prejudice... it never leads to any good for anyone, even the bigot.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-05-2013, 11:58 AM
(09-05-2013 11:20 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(09-05-2013 10:50 AM)Dom Wrote:  Egor, why do you always try to make all sorts of different people fit into one mold?

I've been to twelve different countries, lived in four different countries, married an American Indian, and I work as a nurse in the Southeastern area of the United States, in a mental hospital, no less, where at any given time half my patients are "homeless." My sister was married to an illegal alien from Mexico, so I have three half-hispanic nieces and nephews, and they're all regular Catholics. One of them is mentally challenged. My daughter is British/American, lives in England, and I have four grandsons who all talk like sound effects from a Pink Floyd album.

Whether I wan't to "embrace" diversity or not, I don't have a lot of choice in the matter.Drinking Beverage

What about you? Consider

And still you make up categories for people and throw them in, without knowing them at all?

No, I don't do that.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post