The Man From Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2012, 07:16 AM
The Man From Earth
Wouau. This movie was amazing. This is the most blasphemous and the most atheistic movie of all time, everybody should see it, the simplicity and the cheapness of it was all made up with the story and the way it developed, all the way to the end.

This should be Atheist Choice No. 1.

Even if you are not atheists, this movie is still good, interesting and cool in every sense.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

No action, very little humor, bad acting, but still one of the best movies ever. Even scored very high on IMDB. Good for everyone to see, as a nice, calm movie to relax one evening.

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5357449

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2012, 08:52 AM
RE: The Man From Earth
Sounds pretty good. I cheated and read the synopsis.
One thing it doesn't mention is how he is the way he is. Does the Obie ever speculate?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM
I wonder if it's on Netflix, maybe I'll check it out this weekend.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm watching it right now. Almost at the end.

The conversations are really interesting. And as you say, the acting is ... horrendous.
Hard to watch, I've just had it in the background while I do other things, because it's so poorly made. But the conversations are pretty good. Good enough to have me continue to listen.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
I didn't think of it as so horridly made, but it is a low budget movie. I actually enjoyed watching this kind of movie, because the bad acting made it more real, it was not overacted and overdone, so that is why I loved it. No matter the acting or everything else, it is a must see movie for all those who think they are atheists/agnostics/undecided... It is pretty interesting even for theists, it can make them ask: "what if?".

-Hunter S. Thompson
10-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I saw this. I REALLY liked it a lot. I'd agree that it's not the best movie in terms of acting or even editing, but the story is amazing. It had me thinking for days after. And Kineo, if you haven't found it yet, yes, it was streaming on Netflix when I watched it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM
What's up with this Netflix, didn't I provide you with a torrent link? Anything special with Netflix?

-Hunter S. Thompson
11-02-2012, 08:30 AM
(11-02-2012 07:28 AM)Filox Wrote:  What's up with this Netflix, didn't I provide you with a torrent link? Anything special with Netflix?

It's not illegal. Angel

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Just watched it. Wonderful movie, thanks for the hint!
Great idea, great ending.

(didn't use the torrent either. can get in trouble for that around here)

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
29-02-2012, 12:59 AM
I agree, i discovered it on tv awhile back and looked for it on netflix about a month ago, sense ive watched it on netflix like 3 times.
[+] 1 user Likes hollowpointm16's post