RE: The Man From Earth
I've seen it, horrible movie, everyone should watch it Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
29-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Today at work my dad came in to help me close up, I put on this movie after the shop was closed while I was cleaning up. My dad is strong in his belief of Christianity, he got into the movie and sat down and watched it. He was enjoying the concepts up until he claimed he was Jesus Christ. Then my dad looks at me and said this is just stupid. I couldn't help but laugh.
[+] 3 users Like hollowpointm16's post
01-03-2012, 06:11 PM
(02-02-2012 07:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  Wouau. This movie was amazing. This is the most blasphemous and the most atheistic movie of all time, everybody should see it, the simplicity and the cheapness of it was all made up with the story and the way it developed, all the way to the end. [...]

I'm glad you liked it. I watched it again with my nephew (who is more of a deist) not to long ago. He loved the movie, but, being used to high production values, he said that it would have been better if there were flash backs showing what his life was like. I had to keep on reminding him that it only had a budget of 200 k.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2012, 07:55 PM
(01-03-2012 06:11 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(02-02-2012 07:16 AM)Filox Wrote:  Wouau. This movie was amazing. This is the most blasphemous and the most atheistic movie of all time, everybody should see it, the simplicity and the cheapness of it was all made up with the story and the way it developed, all the way to the end. [...]

I'm glad you liked it. I watched it again with my nephew (who is more of a deist) not to long ago. He loved the movie, but, being used to high production values, he said that it would have been better if there were flash backs showing what his life was like. I had to keep on reminding him that it only had a budget of 200 k.

I thought that too at first, but flashbacks would remove that nagging, but fun question...was he telling the truth or not?

Hey, it's kind of the reason God doesn't make himself known...it removes all the fun of having faith in invisible things!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-03-2012, 10:32 PM
(01-03-2012 07:55 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-03-2012 06:11 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

I thought that too at first, but flashbacks would remove that nagging, but fun question...was he telling the truth or not?

Hey, it's kind of the reason God doesn't make himself known...it removes all the fun of having faith in invisible things!
yea, lets lets fuck with people's eternal souls for fun Big Grin

If there is a god, what a prick.
[+] 1 user Likes hollowpointm16's post
23-03-2012, 07:03 PM
The first time I sat down to watch "The Man from Earth", I had no idea what to expect. this movie has become one of my favorites since it was released years ago. I've watched it several times, The premise and arguments put forth by the characters were thought provoking. It's a refreshing change from other films which have multiple sets and so a few subplots. They did so much with so little, it's fantastic.
[+] 1 user Likes oracle2b's post
28-03-2012, 05:06 AM
If they had made the movie with flashbacks, his memories, expensive acting, great production, they would have lost the story. First, flashbacks would completely destroy the main thing about the movie, you would not question yourself until the very end: "Is he for real, or just bullshiting them?" That thing alone would change the whole concept. Also, if the production was better, they would pay more attention to the production, rather than the very idea and the dialogues. For this movie to succeed, this was the only way to make it and they did it, they have succeeded in what they were trying. Also, this kind of camera, only one room and one couch makes it look more artistic, that also works for me.

I give it 10/10, no BS, one of the rare movies I would give 10/10, maybe the only one. Why? Because it is special, and it is special because of everything, including low budget, unknown actors, no scenography and no production. Do you know any other movie that had nothing, yet it was brilliant?

Smile

P.S.
There is one interesting online project I would recommend you all see.

http://vodo.net/pioneerone

Imagine that, a free and legal torrent...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
28-03-2012, 07:17 AM
I downloaded and watched the movie when this thread first appeared. I didn't respond, because I wasn't that impressed. Not because the movie or concept wasn't good. I would suggest people to watch it. I think it's just that... don't know. I saw it coming. Nothing really got me thinking, probably because I'd thought about this before. Not sure. That's why I would suggest it, because maybe it's simply not a new concept to me, and would be to others. In some ways, it reminded me of "The Da Vinci Code". In some ways, it was better, in some ways, not so much. I guess the da vinci code books gave pretty accurate descriptions of the surroundings as it was happening. It was like you were there. The movie was good and so was "The Man from Earth" (which is a good sign that a low budget film can stand it's ground against a high budget one).

Either way, liked the movie, but not blown away by it. I'd still recommend it. I wouldn't suggest loading it by torrent though unless the makers of the film don't mind it, but if you did and like the film then...

Oh, look what I found: Producer Thanks Pirates For Stealing His Film.. huh, well, download away. That just made the movie that much better for me, because I'm an open source type person.

I can't really find where their official site is as their last was closed down, but am going to keep track of Eric D. Wilkinson in the future because of it. I still say pay for it if you can and especially if you like it, but gotta give the guy some props for recognizing that the piracy was the reason for his success.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
28-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Aw man I forgot about this movie completely! Gonna download it again now, I remember I liked it, but I don't remember the movie itself very good. Woo, moar movies to watch Big Grin

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes le_procyon's post
28-03-2012, 08:07 PM
(28-03-2012 07:19 AM)le_procyon Wrote:  Aw man I forgot about this movie completely! Gonna download it again now, I remember I liked it, but I don't remember the movie itself very good. Woo, moar movies to watch Big Grin
Now that I saw that thanks to pirates, I'm so going to write up some translations and have some people here watch it. It really went up on my list of good movies because of that.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
[+] 1 user Likes craniumonempty's post