The Masters Golf Tournament

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2017, 10:16 AM
The Masters Golf Tournament
Anyone else follow or play golf?

[Image: 3835.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-04-2017, 10:28 AM
RE: The Masters Golf Tournament
I used to when I was younger. I really got into it for a few years and could shoot (truthfully) in the mid 80's. Never took any lessons and just picked it up and started playing. I enjoyed the courses and the fact that you could never master the game. But my passion for golf slowly faded and I sold all my clubs.

I do love watching The Masters as it is such a beautiful course with so much history behind it. I miss watching Tiger as he was (in his prime) amazing on that course.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
07-04-2017, 10:31 AM

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post
07-04-2017, 10:35 AM
(07-04-2017 10:28 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I used to when I was younger. I really got into it for a few years and could shoot (truthfully) in the mid 80's. Never took any lessons and just picked it up and started playing. I enjoyed the courses and the fact that you could never master the game. But my passion for golf slowly faded and I sold all my clubs.

I do love watching The Masters as it is such a beautiful course with so much history behind it. I miss watching Tiger as he was (in his prime) amazing on that course.

I haven’t played often in the last two years Weeping

When I have I can still get around the course in low to mid 80’s with the occasional high 70’s.

Live coverage.
http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/live....hannel=fg1

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
07-04-2017, 10:48 AM
(07-04-2017 10:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Anyone else follow or play golf?

I don't play golf, but it's the only sport I watch regularly on TV. I find it very relaxing to watch.

Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
07-04-2017, 11:45 AM
I used to play a lot of golf, although I was never any good at it. My best 18-hole score was 99, and that was on a relatively short course. On a good day, I could chip and putt reasonably well, but my long shots might go 200 yards or 10 feet, and they could go in any direction (including straight up).

I have a mild interest in professional golf, but have never had any interest in watching it.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
07-04-2017, 11:54 AM
I was a mid-to-low 80s player for years. Gave it up because it got to be too much of a hassle. Used to cover golf for two newspapers before I became a senior editor.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
07-04-2017, 12:07 PM
(07-04-2017 11:54 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I was a mid-to-low 80s player for years. Gave it up because it got to be too much of a hassle. Used to cover golf for two newspapers before I became a senior editor.

That’s really interesting, did you cover any PGA action on site?

07-04-2017, 12:17 PM
(07-04-2017 12:07 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 11:54 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  I was a mid-to-low 80s player for years. Gave it up because it got to be too much of a hassle. Used to cover golf for two newspapers before I became a senior editor.

That’s really interesting, did you cover any PGA action on site?

Sure did. Covered the GHO for three years and a couple of local Florida events. It's a cakewalk.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
07-04-2017, 12:57 PM

I was a mid-to-low 90s player for years with the (very) occasional foray into the high 80s. Basically a bogie golfer. If I had a round without anything worse than a bogie, I was happy.

I haven't played much in the last 3 years as my time, energy, and money have been going to shotgun sports, primarily trap. But I still will have it on the TV as calming background when at the computer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post