The Matrix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2011, 05:38 AM
The Matrix
Just in case you are not familiar with the movie I have put the basic plot below. I would like to know if you think this is a possibility as of right now.

Reality as perceived by most humans is actually a simulated reality created by sentient machines to pacify and subdue the human population, while their bodies' heat and electrical activity are used as an energy source.

My own view of a different type of Matrix.
The same building foundation of The Matrix but instead of sentient machines the ones who are doing this we have scientists on the outside of this reality simply doing a science experiment much like an ant farm in a child's room but much more complex. So complex that it's not even negotiable with the human mind. Either we could be actual living organisms or simply a software. I understand that this seems very farfetched but is it really? Think long and hard and if this wasn't the case could you see our technology and experiments doing something similar to this? It's much like the movie of TRON but not a game.

Things that have made me wonder about this are; Dreams and deja vu... the fact that we have no idea where we came from, evolution (simply the software program becoming more advanced or additions. Let's add these animals, okay now we should evolve this, kill this off, etc.)

I'm 100% Atheist but I really do enjoy thinking very far outside of the box. I also wonder about humans simply being a group of colonists from another planet in the vast universe but something could have happen and they are never coming back for us or really the savior that is supposed to come from the heavens is not Jesus Christ but our fellow ancestors who dropped us off here in the first place.

I hope this is not taken into a serious look as wow this guy is crazy and delusional. I'm not putting any type of faith into these ideas but I do enjoy pondering about this type of stuff in my spare time. I enjoy day dreaming about things like this because if someone can come up with something as crazy as biblical stories then why can't I think outside of the box about our origination or what's the reason of life if there is any.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2011, 07:25 AM
RE: The Matrix
try this

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
29-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Well damn that just ruins my thread =(
29-04-2011, 07:43 AM
(29-04-2011 07:33 AM)Snuff Wrote:  Well damn that just ruins my thread =(
Sorry... Undecided

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
30-04-2011, 09:08 AM

You sure would need some "out of this world" processing power... try to simulate an almost infinite amount of particles interacting with eachother... thats impossible...
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2011, 01:34 AM
Well it's not that impossible. Have any of you ever read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? So in the book, Earth is actually a big space computer, living and evolving, a computer that is made to calculate the question to the greatest answer to everything. So they have the answer, it is 42, but they lack the question to that answer and so they build the Earth and for a couple of millennium the Earth was calculating the question. Later in the book they also come to the planet where they build planets and you can see the Earth v.2.0 being produced, because the v.1.0 (our Earth) was destroyed before it could finish it's work.

The greatest book ever written, you could learn a lot from it, it's full of interesting ideas about the beginning and the end of the universe, about humans, Earth, time, space, time-space travel...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
05-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I saw the movie but that's about it. I don't think it's impossible either because anything we say is impossible ends up being possible 20-200 years later and very useful lol.
19-07-2013, 11:35 AM
(05-05-2011 10:14 AM)Snuff Wrote:  I saw the movie but that's about it. I don't think it's impossible either because anything we say is impossible ends up being possible 20-200 years later and very useful lol.

Since you have already seen the movie your only choice is electroshock therapy. Once the memory of that horrid miscarriage is removed you can read the Hitchhikers Guide books and really appreciate Douglas Adams.