The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth...So Don't Worry About How We're Fucking You Over

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2014, 07:28 AM
The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth...So Don't Worry About How We're Fucking You Over
"The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth!" A favorite saying of Bible thumping Republicans and the church in general. Of course, the true message behind this is "Don't question anything and don't worry about being poor. The Bible says the meek shall inherit the Earth so there is no reason to be concerned about how we are fucking you over right now!" I hear religious people quote this quite often. They like it because it gives them this false hope that they will be rewarded in for being poor in their present life.

The reason that the people that quote it most often are church leaders and Bible thumping Republicans is because they're reaping all the benefits right now. It's like the biggest religious scam ever. "Don't worry that my rich cronies and I are raking in millions and keep fucking over the rest of you, because you'll be rewarded when the end comes! The Bible says so!" That's why Republicans loooove religion! There is no better control tool than religion to keep the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer!

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WindyCityJazz's post
27-06-2014, 08:32 AM
RE: The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth...So Don't Worry About How We're Fucking You Over
Well, for quite some time, the Republicans have been trying to convince a lot of poor people that they should vote against their own economic best interests to keep them in power. They'll tell them that they can always climb out of their hole with hard work and perseverance... and then they go and vote on laws and policies that make that next to impossible.

It lines up pretty well.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
27-06-2014, 08:57 AM
RE: The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth...So Don't Worry About How We're Fucking You Over
I like the meek.

They're so compliant.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
27-06-2014, 09:19 AM
(27-06-2014 07:28 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  "The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth!" A favorite saying of Bible thumping Republicans and the church in general. Of course, the true message behind this is "Don't question anything and don't worry about being poor. The Bible says the meek shall inherit the Earth so there is no reason to be concerned about how we are fucking you over right now!" I hear religious people quote this quite often. They like it because it gives them this false hope that they will be rewarded in for being poor in their present life.

The reason that the people that quote it most often are church leaders and Bible thumping Republicans is because they're reaping all the benefits right now. It's like the biggest religious scam ever. "Don't worry that my rich cronies and I are raking in millions and keep fucking over the rest of you, because you'll be rewarded when the end comes! The Bible says so!" That's why Republicans loooove religion! There is no better control tool than religion to keep the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer!

Much of what you say is true.

There are indeed people who love religion in America because it is a tool they can use in their pursuit to obtain and maintain power and control over people.

In fact this is not unique to America. I do not think it would be too far fetched to say that wherever Christianity has spread, there have been those who use it as a tool for procuring power and control and wealth.

This applies not only to Christianity, but religion in general. The caste system of Hinduism comes to mind.

In fact this idea of people using a set of principles and or beliefs as tools for acquiring power and control and influence is not unique to religion. For we are all aware of the numerous accounts of the irreligious who have used various non-religious ideologies as tools in their pursuit of power and influence.

And even if we return to the topic of politics in America even liberal Democrats use at times as a tool, the very same Bible conservatives use.

So it seems to me that people from all walks of life and all types of beliefs and all types of various political affiliations are capable of using religion, non-religious ideologies and other views as tools for procuring power and control over people.
27-06-2014, 10:34 AM
The sign on the local Pedestrian, er.... Presbyterian Church a couple weeks ago read, "Be happy with what you have." Your post mirrors what I was thinking as I drove past.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
27-06-2014, 11:29 AM
I understand your point but I don't see a direct correlation to Republicans. The root of the problem is the religious foundation for their votes/legislation which has nothing to do with which party they belong to. Are there more in the republicans? It certainly seems that way but they don't have a monopoly on stupidity. DOMA for example was voted for overwhelmingly by both parties and was signed by Clinton.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
27-06-2014, 11:32 AM
(27-06-2014 07:28 AM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  "The Meek Shall Inherit the Earth!" A favorite saying of Bible thumping Republicans and the church in general. Of course, the true message behind this is "Don't question anything and don't worry about being poor. The Bible says the meek shall inherit the Earth so there is no reason to be concerned about how we are fucking you over right now!" I hear religious people quote this quite often. They like it because it gives them this false hope that they will be rewarded in for being poor in their present life.

Much of what you say is true.

There are indeed people who love religion in America because it is a tool they can use in their pursuit to obtain and maintain power and control over people.

In fact this is not unique to America. I do not think it would be too far fetched to say that wherever Christianity has spread, there have been those who use it as a tool for procuring power and control and wealth.

This applies not only to Christianity, but religion in general. The caste system of Hinduism comes to mind.

In fact this idea of people using a set of principles and or beliefs as tools for acquiring power and control and influence is not unique to religion. For we are all aware of the numerous accounts of the irreligious who have used various non-religious ideologies as tools in their pursuit of power and influence.

And even if we return to the topic of politics in America even liberal Democrats use at times as a tool, the very same Bible conservatives use.

So it seems to me that people from all walks of life and all types of beliefs and all types of various political affiliations are capable of using religion, non-religious ideologies and other views as tools for procuring power and control over people.
27-06-2014, 02:19 PM
I would pay so much to watch someone go to a church meeting, recite this verse and say "So, guys, I think we're getting a bit too strong, so how should we get rid of all this money?".

Kind of genuinely interested in what excuse they'd come up with.
27-06-2014, 06:11 PM
(27-06-2014 02:19 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I would pay so much to watch someone go to a church meeting, recite this verse and say "So, guys, I think we're getting a bit too strong, so how should we get rid of all this money?".

Those speaking in the spirit of the New Testament Church would reply with one accord:

"Sir you are mistaken. For all that we have we even now use for the glory of God. Much of what we have we give to those who are truly in need so that those of us who have, might be able to share with those who do not have and what is leftover is used to pay our rent for our little building we meet in."

Those speaking in the spirit of the world with its "prosperity gospel" would reply with one accord:

"Sir you are mistaken. For this scripture is not intended to be taken literally in the sense that we should actually be meek and all.... You see sir, the money that we have should go towards building big nice pretty things for God, like ornate Cathedrals with painted ceilings and large nice "family life centers" with a little Starbucks and movie theatre and everything we slothful, lazy, gluttonous religious people like to have in our "churches" because umm...sir, well you have to understand, this is God's plan for us "inheriting the earth". We inherit it here, and now!"

Facepalm
27-06-2014, 07:14 PM
(27-06-2014 06:11 PM)Ecce Homo Wrote:  
(27-06-2014 02:19 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I would pay so much to watch someone go to a church meeting, recite this verse and say "So, guys, I think we're getting a bit too strong, so how should we get rid of all this money?".

Those speaking in the spirit of the New Testament Church would reply with one accord:

"Sir you are mistaken. For all that we have we even now use for the glory of God. Much of what we have we give to those who are truly in need so that those of us who have, might be able to share with those who do not have and what is leftover is used to pay our rent for our little building we meet in."

Those speaking in the spirit of the world with its "prosperity gospel" would reply with one accord:

"Sir you are mistaken. For this scripture is not intended to be taken literally in the sense that we should actually be meek and all.... You see sir, the money that we have should go towards building big nice pretty things for God, like ornate Cathedrals with painted ceilings and large nice "family life centers" with a little Starbucks and movie theatre and everything we slothful, lazy, gluttonous religious people like to have in our "churches" because umm...sir, well you have to understand, this is God's plan for us "inheriting the earth". We inherit it here, and now!"

Facepalm

It's always fun watching them say no this means the exact opposite of what it says. Lends so much credence to their bullshit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post