no 0% 0 0%
Total 0 votes 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Melbourne Cup.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2012, 03:55 PM
The Melbourne Cup.
This major world horse race starts at 3 P.M. Nov 6 Melbourne time, when it is claimed the whole nation stands still.
I am not a racing man but find the current controversy quite interesting.
Race favourite Americaine is to be ridden by Damian Oliver who admits to placing a $10,000 bet on another horse in a race in which he was riding, some two years ago. He will probably resign after today's race to avoid a hearing and probable fines and bans..
No doubt he will be really trying today but some see this as not in the best interests of the Australian racing industry.
Do you see his previous unresolved issues as a factor warranting his banning from this race?

''Though they go mad,they shall be sane
Though they sink through the seas they shall rise again' Dylan Thomas.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2012, 10:55 PM
RE: The Melbourne Cup.
(05-11-2012 03:55 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  This major world horse race starts at 3 P.M. Nov 6 Melbourne time, when it is claimed the whole nation stands still.
I am not a racing man but find the current controversy quite interesting.
Race favourite Americaine is to be ridden by Damian Oliver who admits to placing a $10,000 bet on another horse in a race in which he was riding, some two years ago. He will probably resign after today's race to avoid a hearing and probable fines and bans..
No doubt he will be really trying today but some see this as not in the best interests of the Australian racing industry.
Do you see his previous unresolved issues as a factor warranting his banning from this race?
Well with the election and all, I suppose horse racing is the last thing on your minds.........

''Though they go mad,they shall be sane
Though they sink through the seas they shall rise again' Dylan Thomas.
06-11-2012, 12:47 AM
RE: The Melbourne Cup.
To be frank, Mr Woof, I'm just glad to get the day off Thumbsup

I'm not a fan of horse racing or any other gambling sport, for that matter. Each to their own.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)