The Merits of Atheism and the Mistake it Makes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: The Merits of Atheism and the Mistake it Makes
(14-01-2015 09:27 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Know Thyself to know God, then enter the Kingdom.

Yeah, I got that. What I don't see is anything you're adding which is particularly new or novel.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 10:15 PM
(14-01-2015 09:48 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 09:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh yes. Always the "my view is the correct view". I mean seriously. After thousands of years, and billions of beleibers, and YOU have the "correct view".
You ARE insane.

Nothing here is my view. It is the view I have realized as the truth scriptures is presenting. It is most definitely not a view originating with me. Read the Upanishads. You will find this all defined, even stating the Lord is the Self in everyone. The Jews knew this, writing this truth into their own story. It's origin is ancient and eternal. All nations (Rainbow) are promised blessing, not simply one nation. Again, this was Yahweh's Ego to rule.

The billions of believers you mention know this truth as well, but do not realize that the characters in the Bible are elements of creation. I showed this in the OP. Did you read the very first scripture quoted. The Son of God is ALL things. Not some things. ALL.

Yes dear. Whatever you say.
Time for bedtime pills.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-01-2015, 10:22 PM
OK, it's time for my standard question, which from experience I don't expect to get an answer to but will pose none the less.

How can I reliably distinguish what you are calling "God" from something that you are merely imagining?

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
14-01-2015, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 10:32 PM by AlephBet.)
(14-01-2015 10:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 09:27 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Know Thyself to know God, then enter the Kingdom.

Yeah, I got that. What I don't see is anything you're adding which is particularly new or novel.

Deference. We should honor the opportunity given to us. I know who we are and why we are here. Penance is being paid. If we each realized why we were locked up, we would run to God with head bowed and humility in our voice. Inconscience is why we don't. That knowledge is locked in darkness until we remember who we are and why we are here.

Light reveals what it hits. Have you ever noticed this? If you could see light, you would not be able to see matter. Matter is revealed by the light. You see matter and not light. As I said, light reveals. If we knew, we would have a different attitude. Since we can't remember why we were put here, we embrace the ego willingly or reject it with truth. Some seek to overcome naturally. Some embrace the old nature.

This is our chance to see the light. Insight is necessary, or sight within. Information is formed in. Reject it and remain blind to light. A dark room is dispelled by the smallest spark of light. One candle overcomes.

Daniel 12

3 Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. 4 But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.”

When?
14-01-2015, 10:31 PM
(14-01-2015 10:22 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  OK, it's time for my standard question, which from experience I don't expect to get an answer to but will pose none the less.

How can I reliably distinguish what you are calling "God" from something that you are merely imagining?

Seek, Find and Adaptation.

Evolution is E (Latin for out of) and Volution (revolving around a center). Find the center, mean, golden mean, middle way, point to life. How is what you are asking:

You become what you desire. A righteous person desires goodness, love and the fruit this brings.

Galatians 5

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

You already know. Look at the world around you. Which do you want for your children?
14-01-2015, 10:38 PM
I don’t subscribe to your scriptures, got anything else?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-01-2015, 10:41 PM
(14-01-2015 10:08 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Anyone who flips their will to that of Altruism then sees the truth you deny.

Accept altruism and you will believe in what I say. Gotcha! So believe in what I beleive and you will believe in what I beleive. Standard Christian woo woo logic.

Quote:Christ suffered for us.

1. Prove he existed and then prove that happened.
2. Don't you think that an all powerful all knowing being could had figured out a better way to forgive us than that? I can. It's easy, it is called not being a ignorance donkey herder from 1982 years ago.

Quote:Scriptures from around the world are where we learned this.
Cool, you just proved me right, Scripture! Therefor, circular logic.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
14-01-2015, 10:44 PM
[Image: homer-simpson-wrong-god.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-01-2015, 10:49 PM
(14-01-2015 10:31 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 10:22 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  OK, it's time for my standard question, which from experience I don't expect to get an answer to but will pose none the less.

Seek, Find and Adaptation.

Evolution is E (Latin for out of) and Volution (revolving around a center). Find the center, mean, golden mean, middle way, point to life. How is what you are asking:

You become what you desire. A righteous person desires goodness, love and the fruit this brings.

Galatians 5

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

You already know. Look at the world around you. Which do you want for your children?

Sweet Jesus! Could you be any more incoherent. That has got to be the most unintelligible answer to that question that I've ever gotten. This does not answer my question. How can I reliably distinguish what you are calling "God" from something you are merely imagining. I'll give you a hint. Quoting from the bible isn't a reliable method.

When I look around me Alephbet, I see a world which is largely a result of one or another irrational philosophy. If I had a choice I'd pick a world where 90 percent of the people were not taught that there is a magical invisible being governing them and their actions and that wishing makes things so. That's the world I'd choose.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
14-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Random Guy: "Hey buddy! How do I get to the highway?"

Alephbet: "You must seek the road to find it. Where you are is the path to get where you must go. East Highway 80 (The Father) travels through a corn field (The Mother). The intersection represents the culmination of a child."

Random Guy: "Umm. Okay. Thanks."
[+] 6 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post