The Merits of Atheism and the Mistake it Makes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: The Merits of Atheism and the Mistake it Makes
(14-01-2015 10:49 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Quoting from the bible isn't a reliable method.

I forget where, I think it was in the other thread, but I caught him quote mining from the bible and leaving out the "nasty" bit directly after he ended his quote that he used as proof for his faith....or was that the other guy? Are they the same person?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 11:25 PM
(14-01-2015 11:10 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 10:49 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Quoting from the bible isn't a reliable method.

I forget where, I think it was in the other thread, but I caught him quote mining from the bible and leaving out the "nasty" bit directly after he ended his quote that he used as proof for his faith....or was that the other guy? Are they the same person?

It never ceases to amaze me how theists will quote Bible verses to an atheist as if they are self evidently true. Meanwhile we still don't have a reliable method to distinguish God from something that is imaginary.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
15-01-2015, 12:00 AM
You guys ever notice that these theists always trickle in? Like, we never get swamped with them all at once?

Once one or two gets banned, one or two takes their place! You think they are doing it on purpose? Waiting for someone to get banned and sicking a new one on us? What if we are the practice grounds for future apologists? lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
15-01-2015, 12:15 AM
AlephBet, please take a moment to review our forum rules.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-01-2015, 12:16 AM
(14-01-2015 10:31 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Seek, Find and Adaptation.

Evolution is E (Latin for out of) and Volution (revolving around a center). Find the center, mean, golden mean, middle way, point to life. How is what you are asking:

You become what you desire. A righteous person desires goodness, love and the fruit this brings.

Don't obfuscate the primary prenuptials with rasberries. Often, the pertinent cat presents fabled necessities in the parking chamfer. Realize your net precedent. Triangulate! Save the best for the alligators. Ever the bastille notches the orchestra but Wendy is not green and horses will capitulate. Filter out the log from the turnstile and cry prevalently.

So there brown stare. Feed your inner walnut and resolve. Subject your lemon to the ingenious door in the presence of snow and animals. Aisle 7 is for the monetary cheese whiz. Faced with the kitchen, you may wish to prolong the sailboat in the cliff. Otherwise, rabbits may descend on your left nostril. Think about how you can stripe the sea.

Regale the storm to those who (6) would thump the parrot with the armband. Corner the market on vestiges of the apparent closure but seek not the evidential circumstance. Therein you can find indignant mountains of pigs and apples. Descend eloquently as you debate the ceiling of your warning fulcrum. Vacate the corncob profusely and and don’t dote on the pancreas.

Next up, control your wood. Have at the cat with your watch on the fore. Aft! Smarties (12)! Rome wasn’t kevetched in an autumn nightie. (42) See yourself for the turntable on the escalator. Really peruse the garage spider definitely again again with brown. Now we have an apparent congestion, so be it here. Just a moment is not a pod of beef for the ink well nor can it be (4) said that Karen was there in the millpond.

Garbage out just like the candle in the kitty so. Go, go, go until the vacuum meets the upward vacation. Sell the yellow. Then trim the bus before the ten cheese please Louise. Segregate from the koan and stew the ship vigorously.

And remember, never pass up an opportunity to watch an elephant paint Mozart.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 9 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-01-2015, 12:18 AM
(15-01-2015 12:15 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  AlephBet, please take a moment to review our forum rules.

Moms, you've been busy handing out rules sheets tonight.
Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
15-01-2015, 12:24 AM
Your scripture has no authority or value, and you have neither the wisdom nor the charisma to join the THOUSANDS of other sad and ignorant people claiming, just as falsely as you, to have the correct interpretation.

The correct interpretation of a made up story is hardly important at all. Now shoo.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
15-01-2015, 04:04 AM
(14-01-2015 09:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Same thread, different place?

Hmmmmmm......what's that cooking?

Do I smell........Spam?

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
15-01-2015, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2015 06:31 AM by AlephBet.)
I see many replies from the Ego, seeking to thrown insult at me. As in the last thread, my belief concerning the evident truth of scriptures resolves to its own premise. It makes the case for righteousness, then proves its foundation from outside itself. Demonstration of this can be seen as evident. Overcoming the self (ego) is the main point of scriptures. Receiving the gift is reception of what it produces--"love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

The last part of Galatians 5, quoted above, says, "Against such things there is no law." Today, you are entering tyranny from your own governments. There is a reason for this, again demonstrating the accuracy of scriptures. When Jesus entered the temple as King of Kings, he overturned the tables of the moneychangers. Today, are the financial tables being flipped over to debt? He also overturned the benches (for rest) of the ones selling doves (peace). Do the peacemakers have any rest today? Are the signs of Matthew 24 coming upon the world? Is Israel back in their own country, trying to rule from Jerusalem (Isaiah 24)? Did the dry bones come to life (Ezekiel 28)? Are they surrounded by their enemies? Yes. The ego causes this problem. Water puts out fire. We are offered a way out of the mess created by the ego of mankind. Simply overcome and seek the proper authority of the lawgiver.

Yahweh or the God of Love? Your own judgement of this chooses the one you get. Tyranny or freedom. The Ego locks us up. Freedom comes from Love, covering a multitude of sin. God is love. If we become what he is, we receive the gift this implies. No record of wrongs. Healing in his wings of protection. Truth brings, "love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Deuteronomy 6

10 When the Lord your God brings you into the land he swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to give you—a land with large, flourishing cities you did not build, 11 houses filled with all kinds of good things you did not provide, wells you did not dig, and vineyards and olive groves you did not plant—then when you eat and are satisfied, 12 be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

Egypt is the refinery. Come out.

I need not demonstrate this to you. You do it to yourSELF. Literally.
15-01-2015, 07:21 AM
I reject your argument as your basis is scripture which by your own admission requires interpretation. Based on your comments in other threads, I have no reason to trust or believe your interpretation of flawed, unsupported and at times contradictory writings of iron age shamans. You simply don't have the credentials or demonstrated trustworthiness for your "interpretation" to be considered.

Thanks for playing though.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post