The Military Atheists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2011, 04:20 PM
RE: The Military Atheists!
[Image: athiests-in-foxholes.jpeg]

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
19-08-2011, 04:44 PM
you don't HAVE to go to church... or at least a Christian one.

They also offer Wiccan Buddhist and Unitarian... possibly even a humanist church now.

Generally if you have no religious beliefs they will simply leave you alone while everyone goes to church.

Your MTI (or drill sargent) might make you a chapel guide or worker... mine seemed to think it was funny both chapel guides in my flight were atheists... I guess we were because we were non biased.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]
20-08-2011, 05:52 AM
Can someone please answer my question?
For what are you fighting?
20-08-2011, 06:13 AM
(20-08-2011 05:52 AM)darksky Wrote:  For what are you fighting?

Fighting is part of the job, that's all. Most of us want a better world and try to help this way. But in no way do we just want to kill people for the fun of it.

I just do it for all the extra advantages I get. Got my college degree, loads of cash, time off, hot chicks that like the uniform...

Quote:How many of you are military atheists, and have you been in a situation where you prayed to a god you knew you didn't believe in?

Ok, I've seen some bad shit happen, but that never made me want to pray. On the contrary, when I see misery in the world, it just proves to me that there is no such thing as a loving God. One of my first posts was about my chaplain and how I hated the guy.

Been serving for 9 years now. Still don't regret it.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
20-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Most of us military folks are 'fighting' for anything. People seem to think we join on noble political reasons, but usually because it's a job you can get straight out of high school with no prior training with good pay and great benefits. Not a bad deal.

Also, the majority of military jobs do not see 'combat'. I just fix airplanes, the most combat I see is the mortars that occasionally hit base or the fucking goat farmers throwing rocks... yeah like it's my fault your little shitty country openly harbors terrorists... between you and me, Achmed, I would never set foot into this country again...

20-08-2011, 08:50 PM
(20-08-2011 06:11 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Most of us military folks are 'fighting' for anything. People seem to think we join on noble political reasons, but usually because it's a job you can get straight out of high school with no prior training with good pay and great benefits. Not a bad deal.

Also, the majority of military jobs do not see 'combat'. I just fix airplanes, the most combat I see is the mortars that occasionally hit base or the fucking goat farmers throwing rocks... yeah like it's my fault your little shitty country openly harbors terrorists... between you and me, Achmed, I would never set foot into this country again...

Sounds deadly. ;p

yeah most of my friends that where joining the army where talking about how they start of with decent pay straight away.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through´╗┐ on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
21-08-2011, 02:56 AM
(20-08-2011 08:50 PM)James The Brit Wrote:  
(20-08-2011 06:11 PM)monkeyshine89 Wrote:  Most of us military folks are 'fighting' for anything. People seem to think we join on noble political reasons, but usually because it's a job you can get straight out of high school with no prior training with good pay and great benefits. Not a bad deal.

Sounds deadly. ;p

yeah most of my friends that where joining the army where talking about how they start of with decent pay straight away.

That's the general draw... and in the US you get the GI bill, which pays for your college while in service and gives you a hefty sum when you get out of the service.

Funny enough I knew a guy that got really hurt by one of those damn rocks, hit in the face...

I'm pretty glad I'm just reserves now... but now I have to go to the S.Korea every year... to the DMZ... that place is a mess as well. My poor husband is going for some exercise some day (can't say when or where OPSEC my good friends).