The Mormon and the Catholic

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2012, 01:19 AM
The Mormon and the Catholic
No, this isn't a humorous rendition of the Walrus and the Carpenter... though it's possible we Americans ARE all oysters following willingly to our demise. No I just wanted to point out the obvious problem with the GOP candidates.

Religion is a BIG part of the repub community. Red staters seem to care less about issues and qualifications and more about faith. So what if George W. had the intellect of a 3rd grader with Down Syndrome after a car accident with a tanker hauling liquid LSD. He's got faith in a supreme deity. And so Romney and Ryan won't be able to pretend they have no religion or ignore issues based around religion, such as placing Ten Commandments in courthouses or creationism in schools. Their religious beliefs will force them to act in certain ways, and in that moment, God will divide by zero and the framework of existence will implode.

Romney is a Mormon. And Mormon leaders and the books of Nephi mention several several several times (like 20) that Catholicism is a great whore of all the earth, being an abomination, corrupting the teachings of the Lord, and founded by the devil. It promises death to all "harlots of the church" for being such abominable whores.

And Catholicism, as we are all very aware, treats anyone with a different religion as if they were filthy atheists. The "bring them before me and slay them" kind of tolerance.

So that being said... what the fuck are they doing? Is that some sad attempt to get more of the Christian vote by bringing along someone who doesn't wear magic underwear and believe in Joseph Smith's magic seeing stones? If there were such a thing as a Vice Vice President, would they find a black female muslim? Just to complete the demographic representation?

This is like holding a Palestinian bake sale in a synagogue in Jerusalem. It's a powder keg of stupidity, and while I would likely enjoy all the comedy to ensue from it, I don't want my country to suffer while two grown morons argue over the semantics of what amounts to Aesop's Fables.

But then again, since when does the VP get ANY consideration for anything. So what me worry?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
25-08-2012, 12:51 PM
RE: The Mormon and the Catholic
The republican party is basically broken in three groups: the Pro-Buisness people, the Tea-Partiers, and the extreme Christian right. Now most of these people are not well informed and the candidates are able to use religion as an excuse to draw their votes. How else could you get people to vote against their own economic interests? You say god wants them too. Romney has spent a lot of his campaign trying to show that Mormonism is "just another sect of Christianity". But for the doubters they threw in Paul Ryan. Catholicism is more palatable to most extreme right Christians who are either Catholics themselves or Evangelicals. Romney really only appeals to the Pro-Buisness, so Paul Ryan is there because he's the Tea Partier's wet dream on steroids. He pretty much wants to cut every social welfare program to make more tax cuts for the rich possible, but the Tea-Partiers see this as "small government." Romney and Ryan can't talk about the real issues, like how they favor deregulation of the banks that got us into the financial meltdown in the first place or how they want to treat cooperations like they're people, so they focus on religion.

It's a tactic that has been used for centuries. People suspend critical thinking when it comes to religion, so it's easy for people in power to take advantage of their faith and twist it into what they want. There's a great quote that I think sums up the Republican parties use of religion as a political tool.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"-Seneca the Younger
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Oxiate's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Catholic lawsuit against HHS mandate Vosur 11 342 31-01-2014 11:59 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Why a Catholic Monarchy? LaramieHirsch 67 1,408 21-01-2014 11:52 PM
Last Post: Astreja
  mormon senator dui - surprise! charlesmartin 4 312 08-06-2013 10:58 AM
Last Post: Momsurroundedbyboys
  Mormon and Catholic in the White House Denicio 19 670 02-11-2012 12:12 AM
Last Post: Birdguy1979
  Guess where the Catholic church wants more power samthepcman 2 287 28-03-2012 07:57 PM
Last Post: ClydeLee
Exclamation 2012 GOP Mormon Candidate Romney raises $10.25 million — in a day GassyKitten 0 643 18-05-2011 10:49 PM
Last Post: GassyKitten