The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Just list your list of video games that was just too difficult to beat, and why.

CastleQuest for NES

As was typical, no saving your progress. You die to many times, or it freezes, or you turn it off and it's back to square fucking one, Fuck! It's also a very long game. How long? Fuck if I know, never beat it, but I played enough to know that it's not short. I have come close to beating it, but who knows how long the last bit might have taken me. It is a puzzle game, that requires strategy...because there is only one way to beat the game. Deviate, or miscalculate then you might as well push the reset button, cause you are fucked. The puzzles get increasingly difficult too, and it's not as easy as say a RE puzzle, no, it requires you to think. Oh, also the success of your adventure is 100% dependent on a printed map that came with the cartridge. You better not spill coke on it, let it rip, or lose it, if you do the cartridge is fucking useless. You NEED that map. It unfolds in every direction like a real old school map does, and you better keep that fucker safe.

Another game that come to mind is Contra...well the original one is damn hard too, but I'm talking about Contra: Legacy of War for the Playstation.

As a kid I loved playing it, so when they remade it with new graphics, and more than two directions to shoot in, I was game...I thought. I played for dozens of hours, but I got to a point where I just couldn't get any further. I'm not an incompetent gamer, I'm above average to pretty damned good depending on the game. I beat a dozen levels or so, and eventually I got a Gameshark. I wanted to see what all I was missing out on, surely I was close, how much further did I need to go to beat get to the boss? One, maybe two levels? Nope. Over FORTY fucking levels off! Holy fucking balls, is this a joke? Nope. Oh, and you couldn't get to a level, save and then die and restart at that level. Not unlike Castlequest, you die too many times and its back to square fucking one! It wasn't even a very fun game, at least Castlequest was fun. Fuck this game!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2012, 04:21 AM
RE: The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!
Some of the levels on Trials HD are fucking impossible.

and you need to be on some hardcore drugs to get every achievement on Geometry wars.

After that I would say getting 100% in all of the missions in "GTA 4:Ballad of Gay Tony" is up there with the toughest of the tough.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
15-12-2012, 08:49 AM
the original devil may cry 4

thing is crazy.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
16-12-2012, 04:19 AM
How could I not have mentioned Battletoads...I mean seriously, has anyone ever beaten that game? If you are at least as old as me, chances are you've played it, and thought it was awesome, and also got stuck on those hover scooter things and didn't make it any further, but if you have no idea what I am talking about....

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
16-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Have you ever revisited any of these games DarkLight?

You might do better at them now you are a bit older..... its like when you struggle on a level of a game to the point where you just fuck it off for a few months. Then when you go back to it you complete it first time and your like "how the fuck did I struggle before?" Blink

Jesus Jones
16-12-2012, 04:40 AM
(16-12-2012 04:27 AM)bemore Wrote:  Have you ever revisited any of these games DarkLight?

You might do better at them now you are a bit older..... its like when you struggle on a level of a game to the point where you just fuck it off for a few months. Then when you go back to it you complete it first time and your like "how the fuck did I struggle before?" Blink
You *may* be right on CastleQuest...In Contra: Legacy of War, I was in my peak video game skills at the time, I doubt I'd fair much better now, but even if I was TWICE as successful, I'd still be shy of making it to the half-way mark. There is no way I could beat that one...it's evil incarnate, it's impossible, and it wasn't very much fun anyway so fuck that game. As for Battletoads, yes I have revisited that one, last year. My Brother-In-Law and I took a stab at it, it was just as hard then as it was when I was a kid. Maybe more so because I was out of practice and didn't have it memorized anymore. I have made it past that level, but usually with one life left, sometimes two, and it continues to be very difficult afterward. Made it to the rat race level, but couldn't beat it.

16-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Pacman. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Why don't you people get yourself an emulator on your PC and then you can save your game progress, for all those older games, NES and similar stuff...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
18-12-2012, 06:50 AM
bemore was spot on with Trials HD on Expert mode... It is almost unbelievable how much time it can take to get over one jump or obstacle. It is also one of the most frustrating games around... but I love it. Tongue

The same can be said about Trials Evolution. Although, I do think HD is slightly harder, but not by much.

[Image: opforum1.png]
18-12-2012, 07:53 AM
This achievement was tough Censored

Jesus Jones

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is your favourite video game soundtrack? darryshan 16 218 04-07-2014 11:18 PM
Last Post: Lunda
  If you could be any video game character. itsFerdinand 70 2,739 01-07-2014 04:04 AM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  Suggest Puzzle games JaniceGalindo 9 128 30-06-2014 10:14 AM
Last Post: Roger_the_alien
  Difficult Games That Made You Scream! Elskidor 80 844 15-06-2014 12:12 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  It's getting harder and harder to find good games. Help? undergroundp 42 952 10-06-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Suggest some games to try. Sam 55 580 08-06-2014 05:35 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Funny Video Game pics vids etc Revenant77x 26 721 19-05-2014 03:05 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai