The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2012, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2012 11:58 AM by Leela.)
RE: The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!
That windtunnel reminds me off two things:
1. do not laugh > Aladdin on the SNES. There is a level where you have to fly on a carpet through a cave of some sort, and avoide to hit anything.
2. Xtreme G on the Nintendo 64 (sorry, I was a nintendo kid) it has a level, I just call it lava level. one wrong move and you are dead. My brother used to brag on how well he plays that game, so I sat down and practiced that one, most difficult, level until I beat every bot. And then I asked him to play it with me *evil*

A game that I found ridiculously difficult (because I am very impatient with myself) was the first zelda on the old NES. that thing that had a map but it was also a sidescroller. Remember that cave without any frigging light and you either fall or run into things until you figure out where stuff is... the hell?

EDIT:
found it:

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Pong.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Starcraft Multiplayer

20-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Abadox on NES. Most retardedly frustrating game there is.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-12-2012, 02:59 PM
(20-12-2012 12:24 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Starcraft Multiplayer

Maybe it is hard for you, but I averaged Platinum and Diamond on Europe's servers back when I played (haven't played since season 6).

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
20-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm definitely seeing a NES trend here so I'm going to add a few more to the Nintendo madness

Marble Madness, which seemed a lot more fun when I was 5 than it does now for some reason. Now it's just annoying...

Road Warrior, I never progressed anywhere, first level, over and over again. I could never figure out how to gather resources, and I so I could never do the challenge, which rendered the game pretty useless.

Now one that I have a special relationship with...one that I spent many a childhood hour getting raped by (Not MY uncle, but AN uncle)....Fester's Quest. I have heard people claim they beat this game, but I'm calling bullshit! I didn't play that alone, I played it with a cousin...we wasted an entire summer on this thing, and we re-visited it many, many times. We but some genuinely difficult games together at an impressively young age (Zelda included) but Fester's Quest always eluded us...god damn aliens...

Burger Time - I don't know how popular this was, but the goal was to make hamburgers but stepping on the ingredients to make them fall together while running from giant wieners...it's kind of like Pac Man, if Pac Man was one strong hallucinates. I beat the second level a few times, but level three was out of the question.

20-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Undead Line for Genesis. Awesome and super hard top down shooter(on foot).
20-12-2012, 11:48 PM
(20-12-2012 02:59 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Maybe it is hard for you, but I averaged Platinum and Diamond on Europe's servers back when I played (haven't played since season 6).
I didn't know you're Korean.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
22-12-2012, 09:25 PM
(20-12-2012 02:59 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

Not like that, it's just hard by definition- so many variables and things to worry about mechanically. I love that kind of stuff, but it's by far the hardest game around in terms of skill cap- I played professionally for a year.
23-12-2012, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2012 01:39 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
The original R-Type as well as StarForce - hard as shit to beat.

Dragons Lair for the Coin-Op

Contra III - The Alien Wars for the SNES. Any game in the Contra series was tough.

Super Mario Bros - The Lost Levels

Gradius series by Konami.

Zelda II - The Adventure of Link

Gyro mite

Super ThunderBlade for the Genesis

Truxton for the Genesis - insane as shit to beat!

Ghosts 'n Goblins / Ghouls 'n Ghosts / Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Most of these games were designed during the early days of video games when the designers struggled to perfect the ratio between the difficulty plane and the players attention span - and seldom thoroughly beta tested.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is your favourite video game soundtrack? darryshan 16 252 04-07-2014 11:18 PM
Last Post: Lunda
  If you could be any video game character. itsFerdinand 70 2,890 01-07-2014 04:04 AM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  Suggest Puzzle games JaniceGalindo 9 151 30-06-2014 10:14 AM
Last Post: Roger_the_alien
  Difficult Games That Made You Scream! Elskidor 80 925 15-06-2014 12:12 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  It's getting harder and harder to find good games. Help? undergroundp 42 1,002 10-06-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Suggest some games to try. Sam 55 638 08-06-2014 05:35 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Funny Video Game pics vids etc Revenant77x 26 777 19-05-2014 03:05 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai