The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!
Ghost and Goblins for sure. Also honorable mention goes out to Paper boy. Hell, I don't think I ever got past the second level of that bloody game.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 06:19 PM
(22-12-2012 09:25 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 02:59 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Maybe it is hard for you, but I averaged Platinum and Diamond on Europe's servers back when I played (haven't played since season 6).
Not like that, it's just hard by definition- so many variables and things to worry about mechanically. I love that kind of stuff, but it's by far the hardest game around in terms of skill cap- I played professionally for a year.
It is so incredibly straightforward though. Early scouting tells so much about a player, one can easily shape the game with an early build to win in their favor. Few people have mastered the manipulation of micro to successfully beat the power of a good macro, or the utilization of an individual unit, which is what the majority of variables come down to.

(20-12-2012 11:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-12-2012 02:59 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Maybe it is hard for you, but I averaged Platinum and Diamond on Europe's servers back when I played (haven't played since season 6).
I didn't know you're Korean.
Only part time.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
27-12-2012, 07:18 PM
(27-12-2012 06:19 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(22-12-2012 09:25 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Not like that, it's just hard by definition- so many variables and things to worry about mechanically. I love that kind of stuff, but it's by far the hardest game around in terms of skill cap- I played professionally for a year.
It is so incredibly straightforward though. Early scouting tells so much about a player, one can easily shape the game with an early build to win in their favor. Few people have mastered the manipulation of micro to successfully beat the power of a good macro, or the utilization of an individual unit, which is what the majority of variables come down to.

(20-12-2012 11:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I didn't know you're Korean.
Only part time.
There are many more variables beyond the scope of micro.

Read this blog I made for Team Dignitas to understand:

http://www.team-dignitas.org/articles/bl...-X-Series/
27-12-2012, 08:32 PM
I am well aware of the calculations one needs to make to squeeze out that last Archon before pushing. I know all about when and where to construct a supply depot. I know all about scouting to see how much gas a player is getting, how many collectors he has, and what he might be going depending on the amount of beginning units he has.

But, at the end of the day, one cannot calculate quite enough. It would be best that you simply construct an elastic build that can be adapted for seemingly any situation, as opposed to fretting about what actual build to go by. It is purely mechanical, and the only thoughts you should be making is about timing and unit placement.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
27-12-2012, 10:03 PM
(27-12-2012 08:32 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am well aware of the calculations one needs to make to squeeze out that last Archon before pushing. I know all about when and where to construct a supply depot. I know all about scouting to see how much gas a player is getting, how many collectors he has, and what he might be going depending on the amount of beginning units he has.

But, at the end of the day, one cannot calculate quite enough. It would be best that you simply construct an elastic build that can be adapted for seemingly any situation, as opposed to fretting about what actual build to go by. It is purely mechanical, and the only thoughts you should be making is about timing and unit placement.
That's why you was platinum, and I was GM.
30-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I'll go with WoW 4.2: Cataclysm-Rage of the Firelands. RAGNAROS HC was simply unbeatable for any human being. Most hardcore raids got stuck with the guy for several months and decided to stop playing the game until new content released.

[Image: T2QDZF43FA2V1308705779017.jpg]

Antitheist - Tooth Fairy Agnostic - Rationalist - Humanist - Individualist - Libertarian Minarchist

[Image: dsotm1.png]
30-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Zoids Legacy -
This game is really boring, you have to be EXTREMELY desperate to play this game. Along with poor graphic qualities, the wild ZOIDS become harder to fight and you can't run away from them all the time. (I think this is based on your ZOID team. )

Action 52 -
OH MY GOD, this game glitches out. Some of the games don't even work, and it has bad controls.

Batman Forever -
This was always confusing, if this is the right game I recall. It had poor weapon control and it was just a beat 'em up?(?) I don't remember because I only played it a few times but I could never really get far.

The Lion King - SNES
The game is actually fun, but the last few levels are extremely difficult. I still haven't beaten this game today.

Pokemon - for the Nintendo 64
The only good way to beat this game, is to import your team from Red/Blue/Yellow, however the AI becomes extremely difficult once you get into the higher levels, cheap too. If you fail once for certain towers - you have to start over from the beginning. The Jap. version is even more difficult.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
30-12-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't know if I've said it yet or not, but the original Prince of Persia.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
30-12-2012, 09:02 PM
(30-12-2012 09:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't know if I've said it yet or not, but the original Prince of Persia.
I played that game once. Never got far in it. = (

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
30-12-2012, 09:17 PM
(30-12-2012 09:02 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 09:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't know if I've said it yet or not, but the original Prince of Persia.
I played that game once. Never got far in it. = (
If you can get past lvl3 you are some kind of fucking god.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What is your favourite video game soundtrack? darryshan 16 224 04-07-2014 11:18 PM
Last Post: Lunda
  If you could be any video game character. itsFerdinand 70 2,769 01-07-2014 04:04 AM
Last Post: Ferdinand
  Suggest Puzzle games JaniceGalindo 9 130 30-06-2014 10:14 AM
Last Post: Roger_the_alien
  Difficult Games That Made You Scream! Elskidor 80 875 15-06-2014 12:12 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  It's getting harder and harder to find good games. Help? undergroundp 42 965 10-06-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Suggest some games to try. Sam 55 594 08-06-2014 05:35 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Funny Video Game pics vids etc Revenant77x 26 730 19-05-2014 03:05 AM
Last Post: MegaHentai