The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2012, 09:25 PM
RE: The Most Absurdly Difficult Video Games Ever!
(30-12-2012 09:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-12-2012 09:02 PM)Red Tornado Wrote:  I played that game once. Never got far in it. = (
If you can get past lvl3 you are some kind of fucking god.
I got to level 2, does that count for anything?

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
(27-12-2012 10:03 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 08:32 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I am well aware of the calculations one needs to make to squeeze out that last Archon before pushing. I know all about when and where to construct a supply depot. I know all about scouting to see how much gas a player is getting, how many collectors he has, and what he might be going depending on the amount of beginning units he has.

But, at the end of the day, one cannot calculate quite enough. It would be best that you simply construct an elastic build that can be adapted for seemingly any situation, as opposed to fretting about what actual build to go by. It is purely mechanical, and the only thoughts you should be making is about timing and unit placement.
That's why you was platinum, and I was GM.
I know he is gone, but I feel as though I must justify my position anyway.

The reason I was Platinum was because I never got timing down properly for the first few minutes of the game, which ultimately resulted in my losses. It had nothing to do with my build, which was damn near invincible if it weren't for my trouble in early game timing.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
11-01-2013, 02:02 AM
You may think it's silly, it is after all a children's game (I was still a child when it came out)....Pagemaster for the Genesis. It may have been on SNES too, I dunno, but that was a damned hard game. Rarely got passed the second "world" or book or whatever they called it. When the movie came out I thought it was really awesome, and I even owned a Pagemaster sweatshirt...guess I've always been a nerd. The younger kids and old farts may not know what I'm talking about as it wasn't exactly a huge hit, but I loved it. I tried to watch it as an adult and I fell asleep about 20 minutes into the thing...

12-01-2013, 01:28 AM
Ninja Gaiden for NES. hardest game trilogy ever
[+] 1 user Likes DerekS's post
18-01-2013, 04:30 PM
As for modern gaming, Id have to go with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. On Hard Mode. The Bosses in this game will just destroy you, and you die soooooo fast its not even right.