The Most Asinine Challenge to Evolution You've Ever Heard

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: The Most Asinine Challenge to Evolution You've Ever Heard
I just checked our Peanut butter. There IS new life in it. A genie popped out and said Missler is a fraud. In fact the LA times reported that he plageriarized part of his book, (per Wiki) "A Los Angeles Times article reported that Missler and co-author Hal Lindsey plagiarized a portion of Professor Ed Yamauchi's 1982 book Foes From the Northern Frontier in their own 1992 book The Magog Factor. He also lost his life savings, (many millions), in a deal-gone-bad with the Soviet Union, and now makes all his money doing the "religion thing". He's a great expert on UFology, and how the ancient Earth was visited by aliens, etc etc. Obviosly he never took a Biology course.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 10:45 AM
(04-01-2013 05:32 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  "I grew tomatoes in my backyard and according to evolution they should mutate, and my tomatoes haven't become watermelons yet."

Or this guy...

Your "..." are always enjoyed. How the hell did that doofus make it in front of a camera?! Know where to look? Know how to talk?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
05-01-2013, 01:58 PM
(05-01-2013 09:00 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I lol'd at the peanut butter video. Worst argument ever.

"HEY GUYS! This peanut butter didn't evolve any life, GOD IS REAL! God is so great because NO LIFE IN PEANUT BUTTER!"
Which god made no life in the peanut butter? I think you successfully proved Quetzalcoatl.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
05-01-2013, 02:04 PM
(04-01-2013 04:49 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Lifespans have been getting longer with recent advances in diet and healthcare. That's not evolution, it's science. Our evolution seems to put us at a lifespan of around 40-50 years, more or less.

[...]

I thought it interesting to note that the chimpanzee lifespan is around 40-50, usually 45 at the max. Although, captive individuals have lived into their 60s. I agree that diet plays a large part. Not to mention the fact that we deal with less stress than our predecessors, which aids in extending our years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2013, 02:07 PM
(05-01-2013 02:04 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(04-01-2013 04:49 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Lifespans have been getting longer with recent advances in diet and healthcare. That's not evolution, it's science. Our evolution seems to put us at a lifespan of around 40-50 years, more or less.

[...]

I thought it interesting to note that the chimpanzee lifespan is around 40-50, usually 45 at the max. Although, captive individuals have lived into their 60s. I agree that diet plays a large part. Not to mention the fact that we deal with less stress than our predecessors, which aids in extending our years.
But if you believe in jesus back in the day you could live at least 900 years! how you' splain that huh? GODDIDIT.
05-01-2013, 02:10 PM
(05-01-2013 02:04 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  

[...]

Considering how much of our DNA is an exact match with chimps, I find no surprise that our natural (without modern medical intervention) lifespans would be more or less identical.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
05-01-2013, 06:41 PM
(05-01-2013 09:00 AM)Logisch Wrote:  I lol'd at the peanut butter video. Worst argument ever.

"HEY GUYS! This peanut butter didn't evolve any life, GOD IS REAL! God is so great because NO LIFE IN PEANUT BUTTER!"
You know what's fucked up? When I was a christian, I actually thought this was an argument to settle all arguments. The only difference was that instead of peanut butter, it was a petri dish of pure water. Someone said that "no life would ever spring from this dish of water", and it wowed my gullible young mind.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
05-01-2013, 07:05 PM
(04-01-2013 04:49 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Actually, that might be a decent question. Why don't we?

Lifespans have been getting longer with recent advances in diet and healthcare. That's not evolution, it's science. Our evolution seems to put us at a lifespan of around 40-50 years, more or less. Yet we share DNA with tortoises and even with trees. Why didn't we inherit some of their longevity as the species diverged.

I can work out a couple quick answers in my mind, which might not be entirely correct, but I find this to be an interesting question and, to me, much better than some other theist stupidity like the whole "Why don't we ever see a crocaduck?" question. At least this question is based on actual science rather than ignoring actual science.
I don't know about you, but now that you've said that I'm -very- disappointed I've never seen a crocaduck. Weeping
05-01-2013, 07:17 PM
Here's a pic:
[Image: Crocoduck.jpg]

And the official video (at about 4:20 if you don't want to watch the whole mind-numbing thing):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DdgSDan9c

The real video is nearly 2 hours long. I watched it once and lost so much IQ that I don't recommend it to anyone (unless you just want to watch Kelly try not to fall out of her dress for two hours - I'm not dissing her, she acquitted herself very well in the debate, she's smart, she's knowledgeable, she debated well, but her attire and the mesmerizing cleavage it revealed left me a little distracted whenever the camera was on her).

Now for a real crocoduck:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...crocoduck/

05-01-2013, 07:22 PM
(05-01-2013 07:17 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Here's a pic:
[Image: Crocoduck.jpg]

And the official video (at about 4:20 if you don't want to watch the whole mind-numbing thing):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0DdgSDan9c

The real video is nearly 2 hours long. I watched it once and lost so much IQ that I don't recommend it to anyone (unless you just want to watch Kelly try not to fall out of her dress for two hours - I'm not dissing her, she acquitted herself very well in the debate, she's smart, she's knowledgeable, she debated well, but her attire and the mesmerizing cleavage it revealed left me a little distracted whenever the camera was on her).

Now for a real crocoduck:
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...crocoduck/
Lol thanks for the pic.

I officially made it through 45 seconds of that video before I wanted to beat the snot out of Kirk Cameron and shut it off. What a load.

(Yes, you're right though, thats some impressive cleavage happening there)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How can you deny evolution? Cetaceaphile 87 7,919 13-07-2014 09:57 PM
Last Post: elconquistador
  Are we impacting our own evolution? Impulse 55 759 26-05-2014 08:25 PM
Last Post: cjlr
  Is Evolution a Belief? (Clearly Not) Forthright Atheist 28 483 23-05-2014 05:05 PM
Last Post: dancefortwo
  Is American Evolution Education Good Enough? (Teachers and Professors Only Please) carasaurus_wres 2 78 25-04-2014 09:22 PM
Last Post: jaguar3030
  Evolution in the Classroom Survey carasaurus_wres 10 210 24-04-2014 05:56 AM
Last Post: wazzel
  Evolution test #2 Full Circle 14 199 10-04-2014 12:13 PM
Last Post: Full Circle
  Evolution test #1 Full Circle 9 106 09-04-2014 08:28 PM
Last Post: ghostexorcist