The Most Evil Corporation in the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 12:58 AM
The Most Evil Corporation in the World
Consider the behavior of the Catholic church throughout history.

In centuries past, starting in the fourth, they were intolerant, zealous, greedy and violent. They slaughtered or imprisoned those they called infidels or heretics and set alight libraries and literature they disliked. Ponder over the hatred and bitterness, the persecutions, the cruel wars, the taking of people’s assets, the sale of indulgences and the resistance to science and medicine. Then think how they founded schools, and the indoctrination of youngsters with songs, prayers and Christian instruction. Consider the callous cover-ups of sexual abuse. Reflect on how they’ve always tried to tell people what to think and how to behave using assurances of heaven and threats of hell.

The Catholic church, inspired by greed, have been at war with science and humanity throughout most of their history. They’ve supported many social evils – wicked monarchies, slavery, racism, the oppression of women, homophobia and child labor. They’ve used indoctrination, lies, threats, wars, torture and murder in their pursuit of power and money. This behavior has been far more terrifying and bloody than all the other religions of the world combined. Today’s Islamic terrorists are pussies in comparison.

I invite everyone's comments. Anyone agree with me?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Mark Fulton's post
30-08-2013, 02:08 AM
RE: The Most Evil Corporation in the World
I don't think any of that is important.

They have soup kitchens.

It's been posted a million times before but ... compulsory viewing:

Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
30-08-2013, 02:13 AM
... since when is the Catholic Church filed as a corporate entity? I thought it was a nation.

(Yet for some reason its priests don't legally have to register as agents of a foreign power. Huh.)

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
30-08-2013, 12:33 PM

What I find most appalling is that despite their history, they still believe that they have a moral authority to tell people how to behave and what (not) to think. Whether using contraception is "warranted" for a married couple. Or, until 1966, what people should not read.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aut...ohibitorum

Or, imagine the arrogance of the thought that a stroke of a pen could change the spiritual reality. Like, we abolish purgatory, so all the souls there immediately relocate to heaven or hell. Or, we declare people saints so people could pray to them. It doesn't even seem to matter that none of that is in the Bible. Never mind - there are still people who buy it - those who discuss whether we should kneel while receiving communion, or whether we should say "Peace with you" in singular or plural.

However, I'd point out that in my opinion, the RCC is losing its influence because many people, even believers, consider it an archaic, rigid institution. On the other hand, Protestant denominations evangelize by making it seem as salvation is simple - like, all you need to do is accept Jesus and you're saved. This is a deceptive trick I fell for, because everyone would rather believe in "grace" than follow a set of rules. When it becomes clear that the former option also has rules, it's usually too late. But I digress.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Philosoraptor's post
30-08-2013, 12:55 PM
They have a head start, though, don't they? Their body count may be the highest, but groups like Raytheon are working hard to catch up.

If we zoom out a bit, and compare "churches" to "governments," I think governments would win the murder/torture/oppression triathlon with ease. Of course, there's some historical overlap between the two, so it's a little hard to tease apart.

Despite their claims of the power of faith, the Catholic church never *actually* moved a mountain, dumped it piecemeal into a nearby river, sold bits of it for enormous profit, sickened, crippled and displaced the nearby residents/employees, and then claimed the environmental tragedy was "unforeseeable," and thus not their fault.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they're good guys. Just that some of the late entrants in the competition are making a strong showing.

I AM he who is called... cat furniture.
[+] 1 user Likes I Am's post
30-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Don't forget the Protestants. They killed Catholics and other Protestants that didn't quite measure up like us anabaptists.
30-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I read the title of the thread and, before opening it, thought "I bet this is about the Catholic Church" - even despite the fact that I have never thought of the Catholic Church as a corporation.

Enough said.

Ok, maybe not quite enough. Tongue I'll add "consider that the top church officials undoubtedly know they're full of crap". How could they not? The whole myth of Jesus is crap. They paint themselves as the foremost experts about Jesus and, when you really get into the details, it's obvious that it's all crap. So they must know.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
30-08-2013, 01:10 PM
(30-08-2013 01:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  They paint themselves as the foremost experts about Jesus and, when you really get into the details, it's obvious that it's all crap. So they must know.

Well, that's the old saying, right?

Nobody comes out of seminary a true believer...

Rolleyes

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
30-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm looking at you KC. John Calvin instructed his followers to abhor anabaptists. My brother found it in the statement of faith at Calvin Christian School while he was a school board member. They said they weren't abhorring anymore but I'm skeptical.
[+] 1 user Likes sandman's post
30-08-2013, 03:32 PM
(30-08-2013 02:13 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ... since when is the Catholic Church filed as a corporate entity? I thought it was a nation.

(Yet for some reason its priests don't legally have to register as agents of a foreign power. Huh.)

I think it most definitely is a corporation.

Ever since the Middle Ages, the Vatican’s worldwide properties and other investments have surpassed the scale of nearly every other business in the world. Its finances are very complex and not transparent. The Vatican bank isn’t required to pay tax or fill out a tax return. The money comes in from the world’s share markets, businesses, and government taxes, thousands of dioceses, religious foundations, and fiduciaries linked to the papal state. Some commentators estimate the liquid assets to be worth over 50 billion US dollars. There are also probably hundreds of billions of dollars hoarded away in real estate and works of art. That, in my opinion, is not excusable from an organization preaching charity and humility. (http://www.cai.org/bible-studies/vatican-billions, http://www.chick.com/reading/books/153/153_10.asp, http://www.excatholicsforchrist.com/arti...nances.htm , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di04_vKfqNw ).

It’s a remarkable fact that much of the enormous wealth the Vatican owns today was originally obtained from taxpaying Italian and German citizens in the 1930’s and 40’s. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskonkordat, http://historyannex.com/20th-century-Eur...rds.html). People in those days often listened to priests when they were told how to vote. The Vatican got into bed with Mussolini and Hitler in deals that swapped cash for endorsement. This is one of the reasons the Vatican was loath to criticize Hitler. It’s been argued the Second World War may never have happened without the Vatican’s support for these fascist regimes.

After the war the Vatican helped hundreds of key Nazis escape Germany in return for large cash payments. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratlines_(World_War_II).
Ever since the 1950’s, right up to present times, the Vatican bank has had to fight off accusations of money laundering and deals with shady characters such as men from the Mafia. ( http://www.voxfux.com/features/vaticanmurder.html ). Pope Francis is allegedly trying to do something about this ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-23621235 ).

Today’s Catholics should be aware of one activity that has rendered much money to the Vatican's coffers: canonizing saints. Throughout history the grounds for beatification have been theatrical. Kings, queens, the nobility, warlords and soldiers were sanctified as saints whenever it suited the Vatican. Ignacio de Loloya with his army of Jesuits, Dimingo de Guzman and his Dominican friars, and Jose M Escriva, who founded Opus Dei, each started societies that helped prevent Catholicism from floundering, and have been beatified for their efforts, as if a hypothetical god could care less about a corporation’s annual profit!

The late Pope John Paul II was history's greatest saint-maker; 484 new saints appeared during his papacy. All other popes in the twentieth century canonized a total of only ninety-eight. New saints keep the cash registers sizzling hot. Canonization means television rights, free advertising, visits to shrines, book sales, memento sales etc. People like saints, even if they don’t like their priests, bishops, or their pope, and are gullible enough to pay the Vatican for creating them.

John Paul moved a step closer to becoming a saint himself in 2011 when his successor attributed a miracle to him and announced that he’ll be beatified. In centuries past, the Vatican made a fortune trafficking indulgences; today they’re doing the same selling saints.

The true extent of the Vatican’s gravy train will one day be made public, Catholics will be shocked, and the greedy men at the center of one of the world’s longest-running scams will have nowhere to hide.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post