The Most Evil Corporation in the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: The Most Evil Corporation in the World
(30-08-2013 01:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I read the title of the thread and, before opening it, thought "I bet this is about the Catholic Church" - even despite the fact that I have never thought of the Catholic Church as a corporation.

Enough said.

Ok, maybe not quite enough. Tongue I'll add "consider that the top church officials undoubtedly know they're full of crap". How could they not? The whole myth of Jesus is crap. They paint themselves as the foremost experts about Jesus and, when you really get into the details, it's obvious that it's all crap. So they must know.

Agreed. Totally!

It’s astonishing that churches get away with promoting the Bible as “God’s word.” The Catholic Church, who created the New Testament, didn’t let the average person read it in their native language for over a thousand years, maybe because they were quietly embarrassed by the content. William Tyndale was strangled and then burned at the stake in 1536 because he translated it into English. ( http://www.tyndale.org/DeCoursey/life.html ). In the last 450–odd years people have been allowed to read the bible, but most of us have yet to put it in correct perspective.

We should also read about the bible. There have been literally thousands of objective, scholarly books written about the bible over the last 300 years. An Internet connection gives access to much of this information. The highest-ranking church people usually don’t bother to seriously study any history that might compromise their positions. They promote the idea the bible is God’s revelation to man, so why read history, which is, after all, full of man’s opinions?

These men, who hope to preserve the vestiges of primitive theology, and who dread objective study, preferring faith instead, are as disconnected from the twenty first century as the crumbling dust of ancient Jewish bones. They ignore secular scientists, archaeologists, philosophers, linguists, some biblical scholars and liberal theologians, and thereby quash the naturally inquisitive human spirit. They disparage people who discuss details not part of their own superficial understanding. Empty vessels make the most noise. If their myths are questioned they sometimes promote the old wives’ tale of a force of evil, Satan, working against them. They typically ignore or reinterpret large bits of the bible.

Consequently, the average Christian is unaware that their core beliefs are fictions, a mishmash of ideas borrowed from other religions, and that gentle Jesus, if he even existed, was an angry Jew, not a Christian. That matters, because beliefs based on bullshit are worse than useless.

I’m sure that deep down, many better - read believers are skeptical. Behind closed doors, or in the depths of their own minds, educated intelligent Christian leaders must have serious doubts. Yet that rarely stops them pretending it’s all in a good cause.

If they were to admit the bible is baloney Christianity would become something else, something not Christian, and that would be too big a hurdle for even the most innovative among them. They’re trapped, unable to move forward, because there’s a millstone around their necks – an obsolete book.

We no longer believe in sacrifices to appease gods, that epileptics and schizophrenics are possessed by demons, or that God punishes us with floods and infections. Why then do churches still promote the bible? The real reason is obvious.

If their flocks figured out Jesus wasn’t a god, church leaders would be exposed as fools and the gravy train derailed. Most priests, preachers and bean counters, at least the ones in high places, are aware of the danger. The mythical God man Jesus is a mascot, and his image mustn’t be questioned. Power favors faith over truth.

As in all businesses, they don’t like losing customers. Their primary priority is pulling people in and preventing them parting. Businesses need cash. It’s sometimes claimed currency collected is for people in need, which might sometimes be true, but most of the money lines priest’s and preacher’s pockets.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2013, 03:53 PM
DLJ, I have watched bits and pieces of the video you linked to several times. I may have even seen all of it by now. In all fairness to the "one true church", their representatives had little chance against Hitchens and Fry, they to my mind did not measure up intellectually to either.

To the OP I am not sure that your construction of the church as a corporation is technically correct but your sentiments are. The amorality of the "one true church" is so evident as to be scary that most do not see it.

Many of its adherents do in fact see it. Italy has for example one of the lowest birth rates in the world. I would bet they may go to church but they still practice contraception at home no matter what the church says.
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2013, 03:59 PM
(30-08-2013 01:11 PM)sandman Wrote:  I'm looking at you KC. John Calvin instructed his followers to abhor anabaptists. My brother found it in the statement of faith at Calvin Christian School while he was a school board member. They said they weren't abhorring anymore but I'm skeptical.

There is an excellent (but long,) entertaining, podcast about the anabaptists and the reformation here...
http://www.dancarlin.com//disp.php/hharc...on-history
for anyone interested.
30-08-2013, 04:16 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2013 05:11 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(30-08-2013 03:53 PM)JAH Wrote:  DLJ, I have watched bits and pieces of the video you linked to several times. I may have even seen all of it by now. In all fairness to the "one true church", their representatives had little chance against Hitchens and Fry, they to my mind did not measure up intellectually to either.

To the OP I am not sure that your construction of the church as a corporation is technically correct but your sentiments are. The amorality of the "one true church" is so evident as to be scary that most do not see it.

Many of its adherents do in fact see it. Italy has for example one of the lowest birth rates in the world. I would bet they may go to church but they still practice contraception at home no matter what the church says.

Hi. Thanks for your comments. I looked up the dictionary definition of "corporation"...

corporation |kɔːpəˈreɪʃ(ə)n|
noun
1 a large company or group of companies authorized to act as a single entity and recognized as such in law.
2 Brit.a group of people elected to govern a city, town, or borough.
3 dated, humorous a paunch.
ORIGIN late Middle English: from late Latin corporatio(n-), from Latin corporare ‘combine in one body’ (see corporate) .

All Catholic churches answer to the Vatican. They have a hierarchical structure that finishes at the top. All catholic churches are required to send money to Rome. They are required to obey canon law. They are "controlled" from Rome. All property that is owned by the Catholic Church around the world is, ultimately, owned by the Vatican. The Vatican "advertises" to parents and children by promoting their dogma in the schools they own, just like McDonald's or KFC advertises to people. They collect money from people in the same way that corporations sell their products to people.

In my opinion they are a corporation in every sense of the word other than for the fact that they're not obliged to pay tax.

Nor do they find it necessary to share the wealth amongst their "members." The income revenue is a one-way stream.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
30-08-2013, 05:02 PM
(30-08-2013 02:13 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ... since when is the Catholic Church filed as a corporate entity? I thought it was a nation.

(Yet for some reason its priests don't legally have to register as agents of a foreign power. Huh.)

Yeah thanks to deal with Hitler/Mussolini to boot.

30-08-2013, 06:35 PM
I have a friend who is so ridiculously Catholic that it has merited him the name Captain Catholic (which he is called by even our religious friends) and his car is called the Popemobile. He's even considering becoming a priest. Everything he's told me about the Catholic church makes me hate it even more. He argues that Catholics aren't against those who are gay, they're just against the "gay lifestyle." You can be gay, as long as you never fall in love with someone of the same gender or have sex with or kiss someone of the same sex. Which isn't really a huge deal considering no one ever wants love, sex, a kiss, a significant other to come home to after work, etc. Oh. Wait. He's even tried arguing with me that women are inferior to men in most aspects, excluding homemaking, cooking, raising children and sandwich making.

Honestly, I hate the Catholic church. Other churches, I'm fine with, but the Catholic church just makes my blood boil with anger. In AP US Government I got into an argument with a girl that birth control should be outlawed because to use birth control says that you know better than God what you can and can't handle. God will only give you what you can handle. Everyone I know that is Catholic believes that Catholic law should become actual law and that they should force their religion down everyone's throat. From personal experience, Catholics are honestly some of the most sanctimonious people I know. I know so many people that talk about be such "good Catholics" and spend their weekends partying, smoking, hooking up with people, and drinking. While I have no problem at all with partying, smoking, and drinking, DO NOT CLAIM TO BE A GOOD CATHOLIC AND DO THESE THINGS THAT YOUR RELIGION SAYS ARE SINFUL AND THEN DO NOT GO AND CALL OTHERS BAD PEOPLE WHEN THEY DON'T DO HALF THE STUFF YOU DO.

Okay, that should end my rant. Sorry 'bout that y'all. Catholics just make me so angry and are part of the reason I turned to atheism.
[+] 3 users Like southernbelle's post
30-08-2013, 08:49 PM
(30-08-2013 03:53 PM)JAH Wrote:  DLJ, I have watched bits and pieces of the video you linked to several times. I may have even seen all of it by now. In all fairness to the "one true church", their representatives had little chance against Hitchens and Fry, they to my mind did not measure up intellectually to either.

Definitely worth a couple of hours of your life.
The edited highlights of Hitchens and Fry take out some of the more waffly moments and make it appear more devastating than the long version.

The vote was still devastating, of course.

In Ann Widdecombe's defense, she is a very intelligent (and intellectual) lady and graceful in defeat. I don't agree with her on much but I can admire her.

I can't say the same for her debate partner.

What struck me as significant was the reaction of the Catholics in the audience. They seemed genuinely shocked at the level of anger from the opposition... like they had never read or heard anything that contradicted their position.

Like they've been living in a bubble.

Bubbles can't be unburst.

Keep bursting guys, keep bursting.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2013, 03:50 AM

(30-08-2013 06:35 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  He argues that Catholics aren't against those who are gay, they're just against the "gay lifestyle." You can be gay, as long as you never fall in love with someone of the same gender or have sex with or kiss someone of the same sex. Which isn't really a huge deal considering no one ever wants love, sex, a kiss, a significant other to come home to after work, etc.

Do you think it's much better to be a heterosexual Catholic? When you come to think of it, you're not allowed to even think "lustfully" about the opposite sex, until you get married. But if you thought that once you're married, you're free, no, you're not. You're not allowed to use birth control, you must always be "open to life" or whatever they call it, so you must "abstain" in the days when you could conceive. Some Catholics, however, argue that any sexual intercourse that doesn't have procreation as its main goal, is a sin. Always keep in mind: Sex is baaaaaad. Weeping

Now, I've known some of those who claim to "abstain until marriage". I don't know if they really do, nor do I care, but I notice an attitude of superiority among them. You know, "I've overcome the temptations of the flesh, unlike you. I'm walking in purity", like ninety-something percent of people who practice sex are impure or dirty. It's a very unhealthy mentality.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Philosoraptor's post
31-08-2013, 05:30 AM
The Catholic church is the most successful organized crime group in the history of the world.
[+] 2 users Like Juv's post
31-08-2013, 05:44 AM
(31-08-2013 03:50 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(30-08-2013 06:35 PM)southernbelle Wrote:  He argues that Catholics aren't against those who are gay, they're just against the "gay lifestyle." You can be gay, as long as you never fall in love with someone of the same gender or have sex with or kiss someone of the same sex. Which isn't really a huge deal considering no one ever wants love, sex, a kiss, a significant other to come home to after work, etc.

Do you think it's much better to be a heterosexual Catholic? When you come to think of it, you're not allowed to even think "lustfully" about the opposite sex, until you get married. But if you thought that once you're married, you're free, no, you're not. You're not allowed to use birth control, you must always be "open to life" or whatever they call it, so you must "abstain" in the days when you could conceive. Some Catholics, however, argue that any sexual intercourse that doesn't have procreation as its main goal, is a sin. Always keep in mind: Sex is baaaaaad. Weeping

Now, I've known some of those who claim to "abstain until marriage". I don't know if they really do, nor do I care, but I notice an attitude of superiority among them. You know, "I've overcome the temptations of the flesh, unlike you. I'm walking in purity", like ninety-something percent of people who practice sex are impure or dirty. It's a very unhealthy mentality.
With the amount of child sex, S&M, and gay sex that they indulge in, the Catholic church is probably the most kinky of all churches.
[+] 1 user Likes Juv's post