The Most Evil Corporation in the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2013, 09:16 AM
RE: The Most Evil Corporation in the World
DLJ, perhaps in the case of Ann Widdecombe I found her voice so annoying that listening to her was difficult at best. That high pitched, smarmy, upper class, public school voice drove me crazy. Listening to her is hearing someone thinking just her choice in words and how they were delivered proved her points. I will allow that Hitchens uses the same tone but at least his voice does not make me think of fingernails on black boards.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
31-08-2013, 09:38 AM
(31-08-2013 09:16 AM)JAH Wrote:  ... Ann Widdecombe ... voice ... fingernails on black boards.

Agreed. Very hard to listen to.

I had the same problem with Thatcher (well, most Conservatives actually).

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-08-2013, 08:54 PM
The way they promote their own power particularly irks me. They call it "apostolic succession."

Even if Peter was the first Roman bishop, which he wasn’t, that adds nothing to the authority of today’s pope. The poorly documented and ethically flawed ideas of a person who may or may not have existed, and who died nearly two thousand years ago, can’t be transferred through a chain of hundreds of men, nor can they be used to adjudicate on issues for which there’s no historical precedent.

How could “Jesus” have an opinion about Muslims, evolution, vaccinations, anaesthetics, the contraceptive pill, global warming or stem cell research? The Vatican slights common sense by claiming today’s pope has a supreme god given authority.

Consider this from another angle. Popes have behaved atrociously and made numerous immoral proclamations over the centuries. Their history could keep today’s reader appalled and entertained for weeks! (http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/vatica...m#Contents ). If we accept the Vatican’s premise that the pope is Christ’s vicar on earth, Jesus has given license to anti Semitism, crusades against Islam, the murder and torture of millions in the inquisition and witch hunts, wars against Protestants, incest within many popes’ own families, the stealing of people’s assets, such as from the Knights Templar, misogyny, pedophilia, prostitution, the suppression of women, attacks against scientists, homophobia, the rise of Nazi Germany and the protection of their war criminals, money laundering, the spread of Aids by the demonising of condom use, and much more. I don’t think Jesus was that bigoted, greedy or evil.

The Vatican’s spokesmen have the audacity to maintain they’re God’s messengers to man only because for them the benefits of power are more important than common sense, human decency and truth. The only exceptions to this generalisation to be found historically are in some of the declarations of Vatican 2 in the 1960′s, which proposed a more humanitarian attitude. Subsequent popes to date have moved away from these more progressive (for them) teachings. They’ve alienated themselves from most thinking people, and from many of their own theologians.

Rather than preach to the people, I think today’s Vatican should cower in shame for past and present sins against humanity. They’ve no real humility. There have been some qualified apologies, but they’re always followed up by more proselytising. They can’t help themselves; it’s part of their corporate culture. They’ve never voluntarily offered any money to help right past wrongs. Instead, financial structures are created with one purpose in mind; to protect their assets. They spend millions on lawyers, accountants and PR people. The cash flow mustn’t be compromised.

The papacy keeps performing and profiting because they’re arrogant and powerful. Most common Catholics aren’t aware of the history and aren’t confident enough to criticize them. The pomp and ceremony, the prayers, and the extravagant displays of wealth are all part of a ploy designed to keep most of the little people on their knees and subsidizing the circus.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Mark Fulton, your anger is well placed but I would ask that you temper it for your own good.

At the funeral of an aunt of my wife's the priest made it clear that if we had not been recently to confession we could not come forward to receive the blood of and the body of christ. Now mind you most attendees were either atheist or at best casual believers, none of which would have had the temerity to come forward. His angry sermon was ugly and offending. Obviously only done because the dead had wanted it and he was offended that no money other than that which was required would come to the church.

At my sons wedding in a catholic church (difficult to deal with if you are me) the priest wished on my son 6 children for the pleasure of his new mother in law, a woman who herself only had 3 children. I was at that moment tempted to go to the front and slug the pervert but did not. I was most amused when a woman I have known since birth and is at least as adamantly an atheist as I am went forward to be blessed. I hope that son of a bitch felt that satan was near.

I hate that church more than I can stand. I have been in the past tempted to burn down some of its places of worship/servitude. I must suppress those feelings and would suggest that you do also.
31-08-2013, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 12:15 AM by TheGulegon.)
I agree with you completely about the Catholic Church, Mark.

This is just my last, utterly unfunny, attempt at humor for the night.

[Image: umbrella-corporation-logo.jpg]

01-09-2013, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 01:42 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(31-08-2013 09:54 PM)JAH Wrote:  Mark Fulton, your anger is well placed but I would ask that you temper it for your own good.

At the funeral of an aunt of my wife's the priest made it clear that if we had not been recently to confession we could not come forward to receive the blood of and the body of christ. Now mind you most attendees were either atheist or at best casual believers, none of which would have had the temerity to come forward. His angry sermon was ugly and offending. Obviously only done because the dead had wanted it and he was offended that no money other than that which was required would come to the church.

At my sons wedding in a catholic church (difficult to deal with if you are me) the priest wished on my son 6 children for the pleasure of his new mother in law, a woman who herself only had 3 children. I was at that moment tempted to go to the front and slug the pervert but did not. I was most amused when a woman I have known since birth and is at least as adamantly an atheist as I am went forward to be blessed. I hope that son of a bitch felt that satan was near.

I hate that church more than I can stand. I have been in the past tempted to burn down some of its places of worship/servitude. I must suppress those feelings and would suggest that you do also.

Hi Jah, you don't actually say why I should suppress my "anger."

I would't say I'm "angry," as that implies I have an unjustified bad attitude.

The Vatican is in everyone's face. Turn on the TV , and there's the fucking pope or a bishop spouting some shit. It doesn't affect me personally, but they're manipulating public opinion, and brainwashing the kids. I'm just trying to put some balance in the picture.

You sound as if you're a little intimidated by them. I'm not.
01-09-2013, 12:13 AM
(31-08-2013 10:28 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I agree with you completely about the Catholic Church, Mark.

This is just my last, utterly unfunny, attempt at humor for the night.

[Image: Umbrella-Corp-resident-evil-3998416-1024-768.jpg]

Thanks Gulegon. They're still at it. Apparently their numbers are growing in undeveloped countries. Just like cigarette companies, they're moving into the more uneducated markets.
01-09-2013, 04:10 AM

(01-09-2013 12:13 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Apparently their numbers are growing in undeveloped countries. Just like cigarette companies, they're moving into the more uneducated markets.

There is truth in this. Apart from Africa, they seem to be active in South America as well (especially as the new pope is from there).

They don't seem to be evangelizing much in Europe these days, but they are attempting to recruit the youth. So there is this "youth catechism" or works like "theology of the body" and other ( c )overt attempts to instill their view on sexuality into young minds.

Now, I've been to these "youth events" - from what I've observed, they create an intensely emotional atmosphere so young people lower their guard. Then they subtly instill ideas like "purity", or a fable about "heaven", and finally, it wouldn't be a Christian event without mentioning hell. But only briefly. We're not going there as we're believers. Unless you touch yourself. Then you will.

Young people don't seem to be buying it though.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Philosoraptor's post
01-09-2013, 05:42 AM
Thanks Mark for the "Hardcore History" link. It is awesome. I hadn't heard the Muenster story but it fits with the current situation on the Mennonite colonies in Bolivia where the elders are not allowing bibles in the local language ( low German) but there are secret bible studies at night with "smuggled" low German bibles. Fascinating how history repeats itself and the oppressed become the oppressors.
[+] 1 user Likes sandman's post
01-09-2013, 09:13 AM
Mark Fulton, I am no more intimidated by a church than I am by a nonexistent god. Nor am I against anger, some who know me better would say I have to much. In fact when typing my previous post I almost started shaking in anger when typing about the priest who wished 6 children on my son.

But, attacking, however correctly, the "one true church" on this forum is not going to do much about it. And from personal experience allowing oneself excessive anger over situations one has no control of does little for oneself or the situation. That was my intended observation in my above post.