The Most Evil Corporation in the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2013, 03:35 PM
RE: The Most Evil Corporation in the World
(01-09-2013 09:13 AM)JAH Wrote:  Mark Fulton, I am no more intimidated by a church than I am by a nonexistent god. Nor am I against anger, some who know me better would say I have to much. In fact when typing my previous post I almost started shaking in anger when typing about the priest who wished 6 children on my son.

But, attacking, however correctly, the "one true church" on this forum is not going to do much about it. And from personal experience allowing oneself excessive anger over situations one has no control of does little for oneself or the situation. That was my intended observation in my above post.

Hi Jah, I'm glad for your sake you're not intimidated by the church or a hypothetical god. That's good.

I post here for a few reasons. Firstly, I learn from others from the feedback, as right now. Second, I kid myself I'm sharing knowledge with others. Whether I make much difference, or change anyone's mind ie achieve anything, is dependent on the strength of my arguments. If I help some people look at some issues differently then I'm a success.

I'm well aware I'm not going to change the Vatican. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try. I'm doing what I do for the kids.

Your suggestion I have "excessive anger" is your subjective assessment. I hear it that you may be worried about my mental state ( I thank you for that, ) but I'm quite ok. I'm not losing any sleep over it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2013, 03:40 PM
(01-09-2013 04:10 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 12:13 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Apparently their numbers are growing in undeveloped countries. Just like cigarette companies, they're moving into the more uneducated markets.

There is truth in this. Apart from Africa, they seem to be active in South America as well (especially as the new pope is from there).

They don't seem to be evangelizing much in Europe these days, but they are attempting to recruit the youth. So there is this "youth catechism" or works like "theology of the body" and other ( c )overt attempts to instill their view on sexuality into young minds.

Now, I've been to these "youth events" - from what I've observed, they create an intensely emotional atmosphere so young people lower their guard. Then they subtly instill ideas like "purity", or a fable about "heaven", and finally, it wouldn't be a Christian event without mentioning hell. But only briefly. We're not going there as we're believers. Unless you touch yourself. Then you will.

Young people don't seem to be buying it though.

Thanks for sharing this. Sounds like their attempts to be modern and trendy are pathetic. I imagine their PR people are like someone trying to push a truck that's stuck in the mud.
01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
(01-09-2013 05:42 AM)sandman Wrote:  Thanks Mark for the "Hardcore History" link. It is awesome. I hadn't heard the Muenster story but it fits with the current situation on the Mennonite colonies in Bolivia where the elders are not allowing bibles in the local language ( low German) but there are secret bible studies at night with "smuggled" low German bibles. Fascinating how history repeats itself and the oppressed become the oppressors.

I highly recommend Dan Carlin's hard-core history podcasts to anyone who likes their history, likes someone who is real, and enjoys being entertained while they're learning.
02-09-2013, 03:55 AM

(01-09-2013 03:40 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Thanks for sharing this. Sounds like their attempts to be modern and trendy are pathetic. I imagine their PR people are like someone trying to push a truck that's stuck in the mud.

They don't seem too concerned about it though, as they receive their money through concordats and various agreements on "economic matters," directly from governments. So they don't ask people to tithe as much as they used to, there is no need. But an extra euro or two is never refused - baptisms, communions, chrismations are all good opportunities.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Philosoraptor's post
02-09-2013, 08:12 AM
KC , I retract my criticism and apologize. Turns out anabaptists at least in Munster could be as cruel as anyone.
Find all posts by this user
08-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Looks like business as usual in the RCC.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/05...legations/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-09-2013, 11:17 PM
(08-09-2013 09:03 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Looks like business as usual in the RCC.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/05...legations/

Thanks for the link, Bucky

"In 2012, when Francis was still Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, he said that when he was asked for advice by another bishop, "I told him to take away the priests' licenses, not to allow them to exercise the priesthood any more, and to begin a canonical trial in that diocese's court."

Herein lies the problem. No referral to the police. That....is a criminal act of negligence.
19-01-2014, 09:52 PM
Just a thought
Just like the Dawkins scale on belief in god
Could some one make a list of evil and have a rating system
when looking up "evil corporations" monsanto comes up top which I thought was strange
as I thought contemporary evil i would place tobacco corporations above them
Such questions as does the organisation self report crime ( e.g. child rape )
Does it attack or persecute those who leave
I am sure others can add to the list
19-01-2014, 09:53 PM
First thought that came to mind after reading the title:
Monsanto

Atir aissom atir imon
19-01-2014, 10:43 PM
(19-01-2014 09:53 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  First thought that came to mind after reading the title:
Monsanto

They're evil, but are pussies in comparison to the RC church.