The Most Evil Corporation in the World

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2014, 11:31 PM
RE: The Most Evil Corporation in the World
(30-08-2013 01:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I read the title of the thread and, before opening it, thought "I bet this is about the Catholic Church" - even despite the fact that I have never thought of the Catholic Church as a corporation.

Same here. Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
20-01-2014, 12:29 PM
(19-01-2014 10:43 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 09:53 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  First thought that came to mind after reading the title:
Monsanto

They're evil, but are pussies in comparison to the RC church.

When asked about this a Monsanto spokesperson replied:
"We apologize for any inconvenience. We're still not as bad as Hitler, but don't worry! We're trying our best!"

Atir aissom atir imon
21-01-2014, 01:24 AM
And just why is Monsanto evil ?
How many of its staff have they been convicted of raping children
and if they found that happened would they give all the information to local police
We live in a fog of pretending
[+] 1 user Likes PigMonkeyandFrog's post
21-01-2014, 01:51 AM
(21-01-2014 01:24 AM)PigMonkeyandFrog Wrote:  And just why is Monsanto evil ?
and if they found that happened would they give all the information to local police

Is Monsanto evil per se?

Is it a massive corporation with undue pull and influence in politics, almost no oversight, regulation, or taxation, all at the expense of the environment and the public good; and all done in the name of profit for it's small handful of obscenely rich and almost un-taxed executives and shareholders?

Yes.

Is that evil? What do you think?

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2014, 02:58 AM
(21-01-2014 01:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Is Monsanto evil per se?

Is it a massive corporation with undue pull and influence in politics, almost no oversight, regulation, or taxation, all at the expense of the environment and the public good; and all done in the name of profit for it's small handful of obscenely rich and almost un-taxed executives and shareholders?

Yes.

I think you forgot Monsanto's tendency to sue farmers who's crops had traces of their products, despite the fact that that cannot be stopped due to how plants work.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-01-2014, 04:11 AM
(21-01-2014 01:51 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Is Monsanto evil per se?

Yes.

Yeah. They're evil. Seriously evil.

Yet compared to the history of the Vatican, they're pussies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
21-01-2014, 07:20 AM
(21-01-2014 02:58 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I think you forgot Monsanto's tendency to sue farmers who's crops had traces of their products, despite the fact that that cannot be stopped due to how plants work.

In all cases I have heard of the farmer who was sued deliberately and preferentially used Monsanto's seeds in order to have the benefit of a GMO crop without paying the Monsanto fee. Can you cite a case where Monsanto has sued for accidental contamination?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
21-01-2014, 11:19 AM
(21-01-2014 07:20 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(21-01-2014 02:58 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I think you forgot Monsanto's tendency to sue farmers who's crops had traces of their products, despite the fact that that cannot be stopped due to how plants work.

In all cases I have heard of the farmer who was sued deliberately and preferentially used Monsanto's seeds in order to have the benefit of a GMO crop without paying the Monsanto fee. Can you cite a case where Monsanto has sued for accidental contamination?

It seems I may well have been misinformed in regards to cross-contamination suits, as the closest case I can find is:
http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/site/fc-cf...1/index.do

It was discovered that clumps of canola which grew outlying the defendant's fields in ditches near roads and around power poles were resistant to spaying with Roundup. When the resistance was discovered the farmer conducted tests in 'field 2' near the discovery of resistant plants on his property to discover why this was by "Using his sprayer, he sprayed, with Roundup herbicide, a section of that field in a strip along the road. He made two passes with his sprayer set to spray 40 feet, the first weaving between and around the power poles, and the second beyond but adjacent to the first pass in the field, and parallel to the power poles.", after several days 60% of the crops continued to grow, persisting despite the spraying. The seed from the crops found to be resistant were saved and later used for the defendants 1998 crops and were confirmed later to have proteins patented by Monsanto, however the defendants claimed to having never planted any seeds licensed by said corporation.
Where the resistant, patented plants first originated is not clear in this case, however it was ultimately found that the defendant was in breach of patent laws by selecting for pesticide resistance by using the plants of 'field 2' which were found to be resistant in 1997 for their 1998 crops despite at that time not seeming to know that the resistance was caused by patented genes, unless of course I misread which is ever a possibility at two to three in the morning with legal-speak documents.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2014, 12:02 PM
(19-01-2014 11:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-08-2013 01:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I read the title of the thread and, before opening it, thought "I bet this is about the Catholic Church" - even despite the fact that I have never thought of the Catholic Church as a corporation.

Same here. Drinking Beverage

Ditto!
Do I get cookies for getting it right?

Evil_monster

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
21-01-2014, 12:08 PM
(21-01-2014 12:02 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 11:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Same here. Drinking Beverage

Ditto!
Do I get cookies for getting it right?

Evil_monster

We can arrange for a priest to give you a cookie and a sip of wine.

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post