The Most Hated Woman In America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2015, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2015 07:57 PM by Twiggy.)
The Most Hated Woman In America

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Twiggy's post
27-08-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: The Most Hated Woman In Ameroca
(27-08-2015 07:42 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  

Hasn't she been replaced by Ann Coulter? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-08-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: The Most Hated Woman In America
(27-08-2015 07:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  Hasn't she been replaced by Ann Coulter? Consider

Most likely, I'm Canadian.

"It says you have to be saved in order to go to heaven. The way I see it, you only have to be yourself to go to hell!" - Marilyn Manson, Copps Collesium, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. (1997)

Censored
27-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Michelle Bachman?
27-08-2015, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2015 08:26 PM by ClydeLee.)
I've only seen clips over time but never been a real fan of hers even myself. Not the approach or curtness but the logic in the arguments is what I've not been a fan of. Her approach is amusing and kinda like Hitchens was as well.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
27-08-2015, 08:20 PM
I never figured out why (other than the obvious reason-- hatred for atheism) people took such a dislike to her. I think she's hilarious. I'd love to hang out with an ornery old lady like that, who took no BS and wouldn't cede the arguments of the religionists before the outset of the discussion. Everyone speaks of her like she was just rotten, but I've always found her to just be a typical "take no BS" old lady, common enough in my part of the country, except they're usually Christians and everyone thinks they're adorable, then. Rolleyes

I loved when she cut that lady off who was trying to lay down a "but don't you think there's a chance you could be saved" by saying lady, I want nothing to do with your stories. Laugh out load

Such a tragedy, what happened to her, her son, and her granddaughter. Ironically, it wasn't a Christian that killed them, but a member of her organization who was a prior violent felon, after she exposed him for joining American Atheists to embezzle organization funds. I say ironically because I learned that information after a Christian with whom I was arguing (in person, and in Texas to boot) remarked that I'd better "watch myself" or I'd "end up like they did", implying the locals would bury me on a ranch in rural Texas, I presume.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
27-08-2015, 08:33 PM
(27-08-2015 08:20 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I never figured out why (other than the obvious reason-- hatred for atheism) people took such a dislike to her. I think she's hilarious. I'd love to hang out with an ornery old lady like that, who took no BS and wouldn't cede the arguments of the religionists before the outset of the discussion. Everyone speaks of her like she was just rotten, but I've always found her to just be a typical "take no BS" old lady, common enough in my part of the country, except they're usually Christians and everyone thinks they're adorable, then. Rolleyes

I loved when she cut that lady off who was trying to lay down a "but don't you think there's a chance you could be saved" by saying lady, I want nothing to do with your stories. Laugh out load

Such a tragedy, what happened to her, her son, and her granddaughter. Ironically, it wasn't a Christian that killed them, but a member of her organization who was a prior violent felon, after she exposed him for joining American Atheists to embezzle organization funds. I say ironically because I learned that information after a Christian with whom I was arguing (in person, and in Texas to boot) remarked that I'd better "watch myself" or I'd "end up like they did", implying the locals would bury me on a ranch in rural Texas, I presume.

Seriously, I need a Madalyn Murray O'Hair T-shirt!

Censored
[+] 1 user Likes Twiggy's post
27-08-2015, 09:26 PM
(27-08-2015 08:33 PM)Twiggy Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 08:20 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  I never figured out why (other than the obvious reason-- hatred for atheism) people took such a dislike to her. I think she's hilarious. I'd love to hang out with an ornery old lady like that, who took no BS and wouldn't cede the arguments of the religionists before the outset of the discussion. Everyone speaks of her like she was just rotten, but I've always found her to just be a typical "take no BS" old lady, common enough in my part of the country, except they're usually Christians and everyone thinks they're adorable, then. Rolleyes

Seriously, I need a Madalyn Murray O'Hair T-shirt!

A Madalyn Murray O'Hair T-shirt, with Madalyn's face on one side and Marilyn face on the other and Twiggy's body down the side where the ribs are.... per your avatar and forum name. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-08-2015, 09:35 PM

Basically, she was a new atheist a generation and a half before new atheism was a thing, back in the bad old days when "good old boy" and "vigilante violence against minorities" went hand in hand.

My favorite part was where she refused to let her hand be placed on the Bible. Honestly, she should have slugged him. ... or maybe grabbed the Bible, tossed it over her shoulder, and carried on.
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
27-08-2015, 09:42 PM
She should have placed her hand on the Bible if only to show people that their "Jesus Magic" idea that it's an item of power (yes, many believe this) which repels demons (since in their mind, she is controlled by demons) is ridiculous.

The key is to take it and open it, and say, "Nice. Can I keep it?"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post