Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 05:10 AM
RE: The Most Hated Woman in America
I think they need to update this...

She's now the second most hated....

I don't t even have to say it, do I????

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2017, 10:41 AM
(30-03-2017 05:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think they need to update this...

Heh

I'm not sure who you mean, but I might be willing to bet that the number of people who hate Hillary Clinton is far greater than the number who even know who O'Hair was. "Most Hated ... in America" is a catchy title, but probably not accurate.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
30-03-2017, 11:39 AM
(30-03-2017 10:41 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 05:10 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think they need to update this...

Heh

I'm not sure who you mean, but I might be willing to bet that the number of people who hate Hillary Clinton is far greater than the number who even know who O'Hair was. "Most Hated ... in America" is a catchy title, but probably not accurate.

See? You got it right in one!!

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
30-03-2017, 08:04 PM
I saw it. I think the actress over-acted the part; made her almost comically curmudgeonly. From what I understand, she was very brash, and not particularly nice, but she was damned brave, and she paved the way for other atheist activists.

I doubt she's the most hated women in America now, but during the hight of media coverage for her SCOTUS case, I'll bet she was. Growing up in a Baptist church 20 years after the decision, our minister still preached vehemently against her. I didn't even know what an atheist was, but in my 8 year old mind, I believed she was evil and was horrified that she took god out of schools
[+] 3 users Like beeglez's post
30-03-2017, 08:19 PM
I second Kellyanne Conway. Silly twat.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
30-03-2017, 09:54 PM
(29-03-2017 07:57 AM)kim Wrote:  I didn't see this but I have been wondering how accurately they portrayed her and the incidents surrounding her life and murder.

Did she come off as a sympathetic character at all?
As far as I'm concerned, the most accurate information I've seen on the kidnapping and murder was on Forensic Files.

Kim, I saw it. She was portrayed as a real bitch but who actually understood in the 1st amendment. I have no idea if that is accurate or not but I was kind of intrigued. I kept thinking that it was Nora Dunn doing Pat most of the movie. I really can't say whether this was accurate but it certianly didn't make them out to be very likable people.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
30-03-2017, 09:55 PM
There was a cover story back during her fight that labeled her that and she ran with it, calling herself the most hated, that's where the title comes from. I would also say that Clinton got more votes than Drumpf, so those Dems hate Conway, making her more hated that Clinton.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
31-03-2017, 07:03 PM
Just finished watching it, not bad. Actually was surprised though, after they portrayed her the whole film as being comically curmudgeonly as Beeglez put it, they super softened things at the end there with her.

Need to think of a witty signature.
01-04-2017, 03:35 PM
Statement from American Atheists: It is, however, important to note that this film is a work of fiction based on Madalyn’s life. It isn’t a documentary and many of the conversations, events, and even people are created for the sake of the story, rather than for accuracy. To be clear, we have seen no credible evidence that there was financial impropriety on the part of the O’Hairs as was implied in the film.

American Atheists is fully transparent with its finances. We complete the required IRS Form 990 each year and have our finances audited annually to ensure that we are in compliance with non-profit best practices. This information is publicly available on our website at http://www.atheists.org/about/finances.

We pride ourselves in going above and beyond what is required of us for transparency and believe that the same standards should apply to churches that apply to us.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 5 users Like WillHopp's post
01-04-2017, 03:43 PM
(31-03-2017 07:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just finished watching it, not bad. Actually was surprised though, after they portrayed her the whole film as being comically curmudgeonly as Beeglez put it, they super softened things at the end there with her.

So, did it make you want to join up, Shai? Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post