The Most Hated Woman in America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-04-2017, 04:25 PM
RE: The Most Hated Woman in America
(30-03-2017 11:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(30-03-2017 10:41 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not sure who you mean, but I might be willing to bet that the number of people who hate Hillary Clinton is far greater than the number who even know who O'Hair was. "Most Hated ... in America" is a catchy title, but probably not accurate.

See? You got it right in one!!

Smile

Nope. Kellyann Cuntway is the most hated witch in the US.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2017, 06:48 PM
(01-04-2017 03:43 PM)kim Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 07:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just finished watching it, not bad. Actually was surprised though, after they portrayed her the whole film as being comically curmudgeonly as Beeglez put it, they super softened things at the end there with her.

So, did it make you want to join up, Shai? Smile

You mean after they showed how evil and immoral the atheists like Karr and Waters were? Tongue It was humanizing of O'Hair though, even if she was a bit of a crankypants at times, and even though they made up the embezzling. Hardly the evil towering figure that, much like someone else said growing up baptist, one heard demonized for taking prayer out of schools.*
I am a member of FFRF though.
Besides, David Silverman already has my money lol.

*On that note, my biggest beef with this was Netflix saying prayer in school was taken away. It wasn't, just forced teacher led prayer.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
05-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Interesting piece, apparently longtime associate of O'Hair, former Interim President of American Atheists, and current Board of Directors member Frank Zindler hates the movie and says it's barely based on a true story. He also points out the money was hardly secret or embezzled, given it was part of a trust fund that the total was updated in the American Atheists newsletter. Overall he says that the movie is victim blaming O'Hair for her own murder and that of her two family members who died.

(Oh and when I say Silverman has my money, it refers to his highly overpriced book. But that's everything hardcover these days.)

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
05-04-2017, 07:14 PM
[quote=

(Oh and when I say Silverman has my money, it refers to his highly overpriced book. But that's everything hardcover these days.)
[/quote]

Yeah, he has my money too. I pre-preordered it, and got it signed at one of his events. Hearing him speak about firebrand atheism completely changed my view of that approach. The first time I saw him debate live a couple of years ago, I thought "Wow, he's so arrogant!" I was taken aback, but the more I saw him and other firebrands, the more I saw the value of the approach. It isn't for everyone, but he does it well.
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
06-04-2017, 09:12 AM
(05-04-2017 07:14 PM)beeglez Wrote:  
Quote:(Oh and when I say Silverman has my money, it refers to his highly overpriced book. But that's everything hardcover these days.)

Yeah, he has my money too. I pre-preordered it, and got it signed at one of his events. Hearing him speak about firebrand atheism completely changed my view of that approach. The first time I saw him debate live a couple of years ago, I thought "Wow, he's so arrogant!" I was taken aback, but the more I saw him and other firebrands, the more I saw the value of the approach. It isn't for everyone, but he does it well.

Oh neat, the on the book being signed? Decent enough fellow when signing it hopefully, even though there's not much interaction at those events? (I ask because a friend has been getting all the TNG and TOS crews from Star Trek to sign posters at conventions and he's heard some horrible stuff about one in particular, who ended up being the nicest guy ever.)

And to each their own on firebrand-ing or not. As a Catholic, it's not for me, but I do appreciate Silverman's stuff in his own way; I admire the skills if nothing else, like when he went to CPAC to prove to them that there are atheist voters out there and they don't need to kneel before the Evangelicals for everything.

Though funny aside, possibly, I once had a dream where I went to Mass with him and he was fully 'in character' afterward at a dinner.
Me: Dave gets to watch me eat the body of my God and I don't get to see him eat one baby, this is such a ripoff.
Dream Silverman: Baby eating atheists aren't real, just like your God. You ate a cracker.

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
06-04-2017, 09:35 PM
Shai Hulud,

That dream was hilarious! The event I went to was at my atheist group. It was a traditional presentation followed by a signing, but the cool thing is that I get VIP status at events because I make a small monthly donation to the group. That meant I was able to attend an after "party" (just some snacks at the home of a member who is a personal friend of Silverman's) amen spend some time with him. He really is an incredibly nice guy. There is a line in his book where he says "it's sometimes ok to be a dick" I had him write that in my book!
[+] 1 user Likes beeglez's post
06-04-2017, 10:15 PM
(06-04-2017 09:12 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(05-04-2017 07:14 PM)beeglez Wrote:  Yeah, he has my money too. I pre-preordered it, and got it signed at one of his events. Hearing him speak about firebrand atheism completely changed my view of that approach. The first time I saw him debate live a couple of years ago, I thought "Wow, he's so arrogant!" I was taken aback, but the more I saw him and other firebrands, the more I saw the value of the approach. It isn't for everyone, but he does it well.

Oh neat, the on the book being signed? Decent enough fellow when signing it hopefully, even though there's not much interaction at those events? (I ask because a friend has been getting all the TNG and TOS crews from Star Trek to sign posters at conventions and he's heard some horrible stuff about one in particular, who ended up being the nicest guy ever.)

And to each their own on firebrand-ing or not. As a Catholic, it's not for me, but I do appreciate Silverman's stuff in his own way; I admire the skills if nothing else, like when he went to CPAC to prove to them that there are atheist voters out there and they don't need to kneel before the Evangelicals for everything.

Though funny aside, possibly, I once had a dream where I went to Mass with him and he was fully 'in character' afterward at a dinner.
Me: Dave gets to watch me eat the body of my God and I don't get to see him eat one baby, this is such a ripoff.
Dream Silverman: Baby eating atheists aren't real, just like your God. You ate a cracker.

Now that I know you're Catholic, I'm going to have to adjust my plan to deconvert you. I'm a former Catholic. This will be fun.

Do you like to debate? Maybe we throw down on a topic?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
15-04-2017, 04:10 AM
(01-04-2017 03:35 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Statement from American Atheists:

American Atheists is fully transparent with its finances. We complete the required IRS Form 990 each year and have our finances audited annually to ensure that we are in compliance with non-profit best practices. This information is publicly available on our website at http://www.atheists.org/about/finances.

We pride ourselves in going above and beyond what is required of us for transparency and believe that the same standards should apply to churches that apply to us.
Oh, good. That means the pittance I send them every month isn't being ripped off. Drinking Beverage

Sapere aude