The NEW "Satanic" Atheist Symbol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2014, 06:19 PM
The NEW "Satanic" Atheist Symbol
Is it wicked or what? I decided to have some fun and give the atheist symbol a bit more of an Arabian/Persian feel Smile. Being a big fan of Semitic mythology I decided to spice it up with a dash(more like a bucket) of paganism.

[Image: tumblr_n91cpeKJLb1twxzjco1_500.jpg]

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Slave's post
20-07-2014, 06:28 PM
RE: The NEW "Satanic" Atheist Symbol
Nice. A Christian would see flames of Hell, eye of the serpent and the Arabian symbol of Fatima's hand.
A lot of stuff for a Christian to have nightmares about, but still, I don't see what's atheistic about it Wink

I perceive atheism as synonymous with normality, with freedom from religious conditioning. Or as the answer of philosophy to the questions of religion. Do you think that makes sense artistically?
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
20-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Meh... Guess it looks cool.

Could do without the eye-thing thought.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-07-2014, 07:49 PM
(20-07-2014 06:28 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Nice. A Christian would see flames of Hell, eye of the serpent and the Arabian symbol of Fatima's hand.
A lot of stuff for a Christian to have nightmares about, but still, I don't see what's atheistic about it Wink

Well it is fashioned after the Atheist "A" symbol. I admit I went crazy with it and added WAY too much but I like Paganism. What else would you expect? Something normal?

Quote:I perceive atheism as synonymous with normality, with freedom from religious conditioning. Or as the answer of philosophy to the questions of religion. Do you think that makes sense artistically?

Why you telling this to me I am no artist Tongue. I am a guy with a lot of markers and too much free time. Artist have free time and and lots of markers but they are also insane. I am not insane so I can't be a true artist unless I suffer brain damage in the future Big Grin

Crazy you say?
21-07-2014, 12:51 AM
I can see why you would put the eye in there, enlightenment and all that, but what does the hand symbolise?
21-07-2014, 02:37 AM
(21-07-2014 12:51 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I can see why you would put the eye in there, enlightenment and all that, but what does the hand symbolise?

The hand is a Semitic pagan thing common amongst Jews and Arabs. It is called al-Khamsa(literally meaning 5 or "the 5 fingers"). It is a charm and symbol used to protect against the evil eye. Essentially the "Evil Eye" is theism.
The fire by the way is an Arabian and Persian concept. If you see painting of Muhammad and other nabiyun(prophets) they have fire around their heads. So I used the exact same depiction to circle around the letter A.

Take notice:
[Image: 0130_001detail.jpg]

Crazy you say?
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Slave's post
21-07-2014, 02:52 AM (This post was last modified: 21-07-2014 02:59 AM by Luminon.)
(20-07-2014 07:49 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Well it is fashioned after the Atheist "A" symbol. I admit I went crazy with it and added WAY too much but I like Paganism. What else would you expect? Something normal?
Not that it is an obligation, but yeah. Most atheist symbols I saw so far are pretty normal - the lightbulb, the atom, an empty set in the shape of the invisible pink unicorn... But I see your take is Antichrist Tongue

Paganism? Mhm, isn't that New Age for forest hikers? Consider

(20-07-2014 07:49 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Why you telling this to me I am no artist Tongue. I am a guy with a lot of markers and too much free time. Artist have free time and and lots of markers but they are also insane. I am not insane so I can't be a true artist unless I suffer brain damage in the future Big Grin
OK, keep doodling. I don't understand art, art is about psychology and mine is not like a sunset on the beach, more like a BPA oil spill in Jurassic monster-ridden seas. The art I have created was about necromancy and inner demons (videogame), for artistic and psychological reasons which are now obvious Drinking Beverage So I have a healthy respect towards art, but I need a philosopher to explain me what it means.

You're indeed right, artists are psychos. To be precise, artists are manually skilled psychos with a lot of discipline and patience once they get working. And left-wingers are some of the best artists. Most left-wing art says "give us absolute state power over your life and death and we will use it to make us all happy - and in case that doesn't quite work out, we'll at least make ourselves happy". Life, death, power, happiness. That's art, man!
21-07-2014, 05:53 AM
It's waaaay too busy. Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-07-2014, 10:02 AM
(21-07-2014 02:52 AM)Luminon Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 07:49 PM)Mr. Slave Wrote:  Well it is fashioned after the Atheist "A" symbol. I admit I went crazy with it and added WAY too much but I like Paganism. What else would you expect? Something normal?
Not that it is an obligation, but yeah. Most atheist symbols I saw so far are pretty normal - the lightbulb, the atom, an empty set in the shape of the invisible pink unicorn... But I see your take is Antichrist Tongue

Paganism? Mhm, isn't that New Age for forest hikers? Consider

Now a days it is. Originally that was not the concepts and actual pagans had nothing to do with nature loving. Modern (Neo_ Paganism is just New Age crap with a 10% pagan coating. Has nothing to do with any of the real stuff.
Arabian Pagans slaughted 100 camels for the offerings of their gods including child sacrifice. The Nordics did the exact same yet mainly focused on children and crushed them to death.

Quote:OK, keep doodling. I don't understand art, art is about psychology and mine is not like a sunset on the beach, more like a BPA oil spill in Jurassic monster-ridden seas. The art I have created was about necromancy and inner demons (videogame), for artistic and psychological reasons which are now obvious Drinking Beverage So I have a healthy respect towards art, but I need a philosopher to explain me what it means.

I am very big on symbolism so the understanding of art is simplistic for me. I do not value overly elaborate art unless it is Salvador Dali

Quote:You're indeed right, artists are psychos. To be precise, artists are manually skilled psychos with a lot of discipline and patience once they get working. And left-wingers are some of the best artists. Most left-wing art says "give us absolute state power over your life and death and we will use it to make us all happy - and in case that doesn't quite work out, we'll at least make ourselves happy". Life, death, power, happiness. That's art, man!

Hahahaha. THe list of demented artists is long. It starts with van Gogh and ends at Dali

Crazy you say?
21-07-2014, 10:04 AM
The new Atheist symbol is......Sauron?? O.o