The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
21-06-2011, 04:38 PM

RE: The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible
Why couldn't we be in this past eternity?

I just saw him too! This is remarkable, let's etell everyone!
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 04:39 PM
(21-06-2011 04:36 PM)The Holy Goat Wrote:  I just saw Mithras walking down the road.

Sorry, my eyewitness testimony seems to have proven beyond reasonable doubt that Jesus is false and Mithras is the true god.

We already tried that approach with him with the FSM. Our multiple testimonies didn't seem to reveal the obvious problems with assuming eye witness testimony is infallible. Nor did the 20 pages of rational thought.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 04:40 PM

Robertus_,

Don't presume the Bible to be true. That is not the approach Christians take. Rather we find out what facts we can glean from the Scriptures even what most historians and scholars can agree on and then we go from there.

One of those facts is the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings for which there is no naturalistic explanation thus proving Jesus is God and resurrected the 3rd day.
21-06-2011, 04:46 PM

So what, people on LSD truly believe they can fly. Drunk people believe they're attractive, people can be tricked, this is why eyewitness testimony is unreliable.
[+] 1 user Likes TAJD's post
21-06-2011, 04:47 PM
(21-06-2011 04:40 PM)Parture Wrote:  Don't presume the Bible to be true. That is not the approach Christians take.

Fail.

Why won't God heal amputees?
21-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Start from the evidence the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead multiple times in various group settings, touched him and talked with him and ate with him.

Therefore, if it didn't happen then you should easily be able to find a naturalistic explanation. If you can't then give your life to Christ.

Praise the Lord!
21-06-2011, 04:48 PM
(21-06-2011 04:40 PM)Parture Wrote:  Robertus_,

Don't presume the Bible to be true. That is not the approach Christians take. Rather we find out what facts we can glean from the Scriptures even what most historians and scholars can agree on and then we go from there.

One of those facts is the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings for which there is no naturalistic explanation thus proving Jesus is God and resurrected the 3rd day.

You just said

Quote:There are no wall etchings or writings on papyri saying such and such saw any of these gods.

Even though I gave you the evidence and sources backing that up. You make a false statement and justify it by saying:

Quote:The reason is because the Bible says they are just idols made up.

Quote:because the Bible says

Because the Bible says something therefore all evidence for Osiris doesn't exist.

That's presupposing the Bible's Primacy.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 04:51 PM

Robertus_,

Treat the Bible like any historical document and see what facts you glean from it that are well attested and multiply corroborated over the 27 books by several different writers in different places and different times.
21-06-2011, 04:58 PM
(21-06-2011 04:51 PM)Parture Wrote:  Robertus_,

Treat the Bible like any historical document and see what facts you glean from it that are well attested and multiply corroborated over the 27 books by several different writers in different places and different times.

You're not addressing anything I'm saying.

Will you accept that Osiris died and rose from the dead? There is plenty of evidence with thousands of eyewitnesses.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 05:01 PM
(21-06-2011 04:51 PM)Parture Wrote:  Treat the Bible like any historical document

If we treated it like an unreliable historical document (which is demonstrably is), we might start getting somewhere.

Why won't God heal amputees?