The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
21-06-2011, 05:27 PM
RE: The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible
(21-06-2011 05:24 PM)Parture Wrote:  There is a Bible in most hotel rooms. Virtually everyone owns a Bible.

50 million people own a Lady Gaga cd. That doesn't make it good music.

Argument from Majority, how quaint.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 05:31 PM

(21-06-2011 01:21 PM)Parture Wrote:  How silly to think computers are greater than humans.

Since you don't feel like defining what makes one thing "greater" than something else, I've defined it for you: has a superior ability or trait.

A computer can perform math faster than a human, and in that way is greater than a human.

A crane can lift more weight than hundreds of humans together, and in that way is greater than a human.

(21-06-2011 01:21 PM)Parture Wrote:  If so then see if you can create a human being. You can't.

You see, Parture, there's this cool new invention called sex. Maybe you haven't heard of it yet. I know this might be hard to fathom, but it actually lets two people produce another human!

Now, if you want to continue acting like a clueless idiot, please do. In that case I'm not really interested in what you have to say. But if you'd like to discuss one of your claims seriously, perhaps by defining your claim so that it can be tested and falsified or shown to be true, then I would be happy to give you a respectful, non-sarcastic reply and address what you've said. Let's start with a mind requiring a mind, and nothing producing something greater than itself.

Tell me how, given two objects, I can objectively determine which one is greater than the other. If you can't even explain that, then saying that nothing can create something greater than itself is a baseless assumption. There is no way to evaluate that statement without a way to objectively compare two objects and decide which is greater, and no way to determine whether it is true or false. As such, it can be ignored since it's too vague to actually tell us anything.

Then we can talk about a mind requiring a mind, and you can lay it out in unambiguous terms so that we can discuss whether or not it is a valid claim.

Now, I don't expect you to give me any straightforward answers here, because there isn't one that can support your claims. You're either aware of this and don't want to admit that these claims aren't grounded in reality, or you're too stupid to even understand what I'm saying. But I still have a tiny hope that you're neither dishonest nor stupid, and instead are making an honest attempt to have a rational discussion. I doubt it, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and providing one last opportunity to demonstrate your honesty. Stop hiding behind vague terms and ignoring my request for a straightforward explanation/definition, and put your "proof" to the test.
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 05:34 PM

Zach,

A computer can never have self-consciousness, free will, God-consciousness, feelings, reasoning, conscience and intuition like we have. We can't run as fast as a car but doesn't mean a car is better. A car can't create us, but we can create a car. The creator is better. A car will turn to dust eventually but man is resurrected by God.
21-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:God's morals cannot be less than our own, for the creator can not be less than the created.

I wasn't aware that Christian Theology taught that God was subject to morality. But then again I didn't know you were a pantheist either.

Quote:We are personal and accessible and not absentee landlords, so God is personal and accessible.

Why is man the measuring stick of God? Why not dogs or rocks?

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 05:35 PM
(21-06-2011 04:15 PM)Parture Wrote:  Robertus_,

You're special pleading anyone ever saw Osiris since it is not recorded anywhere.

And nobody else recorded anything outside of the bible. Kind of funny how any 'independent' accounts of Jesus were in the 3rd party and hearsay by best accounts, and manipulated by christian scribes.

What is also funny, is that even if there were a god, it's always assumed to be the Christian god. What if it were Amun Rah? Allah? Shiva? Zeus? Jupiter? Oden? Apollo? Kuan-yin? Venus? Mitras? Istar? Neptune? Minerva? Sete? Rama? Quetzalcoatl? Si-Wang-Mu? Tezcatlipoca? Isis? I mean, you religious people make up so many over the years, it's hard to keep an accurate count of them.

Most Christians treat the bible like a software user agreement. They don't read it, they just scroll down to the bottom and click, "I agree".

Speaking of Religion in general. Going to church makes you no more of a christian than sitting in a garage makes you a car.
21-06-2011, 05:37 PM

Monk,

There are 45 sources for Jesus within 150 years of His death. This is unprecedented. Of those 45 sources 17 are non-Christian. In fact, of those 17 non-Christian 12 speak of His death, 7 of His deity and 7 of His resurrection. Interestingly of those 45 sources 24 speak of His resurrection.

Praise the Lord!
21-06-2011, 05:38 PM
stop preaching and give us facts with those assertions.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
21-06-2011, 05:39 PM
(21-06-2011 05:37 PM)Parture Wrote:  Monk,

There are 45 sources for Jesus within 150 years of His death. This is unprecedented. Of those 45 sources 17 are non-Christian. In fact, of those 17 non-Christian 12 speak of His death, 7 of His deity and 7 of His resurrection. Interestingly of those 45 sources 24 speak of His resurrection.

Praise the Lord!

I'm calling you out on this.

Link to a list of these sources specifically the list of "17" non-christian sources.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 05:40 PM
hes gonna say lucian, tacitus and josephus.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
21-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Robertus,

It's in the award winning book The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (2004) by Gary R. Habermas.