The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
21-06-2011, 05:43 PM
RE: The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible
(21-06-2011 05:17 PM)Parture Wrote:  UnderTheMicroscope,

Of course the Bible is perfect. It is the word of God, but for your purposes in proving God and Jesus is God you need not assume it is perfect, but start by gleaning some facts from it like the disciples truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings for which there is no naturalistic explanation.

It sure is perfect! I mean, Yahweh who, for example, in Exodus 32 is portrayed as instructing Moses to give the orders to slaughter about three thousand of the children of Israel because they had exercised their right to freedom of religion in choosing to turn away from the religion favored by Moses and Yahweh.

That is love right there! Kill them all! What a loving god!

The bible is far from perfect, try using the value of Pi to construct a wheel. Then attempt to use that wheel. Epic failure.

Atheists are just sick and tired of the religious pissing contest. If your baptist, you hate Muslims and all other forms of Christianity. If your Protestant, you hate Catholics, etc. Atheists have a right to be skeptical, because there is no evidence other than a 2000 year old book written by desert goat herders.

"But you ask me what the scariest things are in Christianity: this infatuation with biblical prophecy and this notion that Jesus is going to come back as an avenging savior to kill all the bad people." -- Sam Harris,
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 05:47 PM

Monk,

They worshiped another god. To let them be, Israel could not be a nation unified pure enough to bring in the Messiah. Those 3000 killed eternally rejected God so their death was necessary. They would never repent. What you are requesting is prostitutes and other heinous activities to be part of Israel. That's not what God wants. He considers that sinful. The only solution was to show God's wrath.
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 05:47 PM
(21-06-2011 05:42 PM)Parture Wrote:  Robertus,

It's in the award winning book The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (2004) by Gary R. Habermas.
Do you have the book? If so could you please list the sources.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 05:48 PM

Robertus_,

In this case I prefer not to give what is holy unto dogs. But you will have to get the book yourself.
21-06-2011, 05:52 PM
(21-06-2011 05:48 PM)Parture Wrote:  Robertus_,

In this case I prefer not to give what is holy unto dogs. But you will have to get the book yourself.

Thanks for the insult.

Maybe I should start a new thread on the subject.
I think I will.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 05:53 PM
(21-06-2011 05:47 PM)Parture Wrote:  Monk,

They worshiped another god. To let them be, Israel could not be a nation unified pure enough to bring in the Messiah. Those 3000 killed eternally rejected God so their death was necessary. They would never repent. What you are requesting is prostitutes and other heinous activities to be part of Israel. That's not what God wants. He considers that sinful. The only solution was to show God's wrath.

They were children. Your god is barbaric. If god commanded you to kill your child, would you? I don't think you would. The bible is full of horrors that would make even the scariest movie look like a comedy. In the Bible, it tells us to sacrifice cows and children. It tells us to stone rape victims if they do not accept the rapist as the father and marry him. These are instructions given directly and indirectly from God Himself. Are you going to sacrifice a cow today? Are you going to stone someone?

I have to go now, Deuteronomy wants me to go stone someone for being raped..... So I have to get an angry christian mob to help me, then after that, Leviticus wants me to sacrifice cows and pour the blood over my childs head. (Direct instructions from God mind you.) After that, I think I am going to go have intercourse with my two twin daughters and have a child with them, as shown in Genesis. Hopefully this will all allow me to be taken by the rapture, which really was never mentioned in the Bible so I can't refer you too it.
21-06-2011, 05:56 PM

Monk,

It is barbaric to worship a golden calf and reject God who just communicated with you and delivered you from Egypt. How evil. Such people are going to Hell. Their death would no longer corrupt Israel. They would war each other endlessly in Canaan.
21-06-2011, 06:05 PM
(21-06-2011 05:56 PM)Parture Wrote:  Monk,

It is barbaric to worship a golden calf and reject God who just communicated with you and delivered you from Egypt. How evil. Such people are going to Hell. Their death would no longer corrupt Israel. They would war each other endlessly in Canaan.

You and your 'god' are the most destructive force known to mankind. I hope one day you realize the nonsense you are saying.
21-06-2011, 06:16 PM

Monk,

You and your atheism brethren are the most destructive under your goal of natural selection killing 30 million with Hitler, 40 million with Stalin and 60 million with Mao.

Whereas God when He kills, He uses it as an absolutely necessary last resort when all else is failed. When the sin can be tolerated no more and they shall never repent, let them be removed so they can stop corrupting others.
21-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Parture,

Two points;
1) This has been asked A LOT but you haven't responded to it. You are saying that there are three options for the reason of our existence;
a. Infinite regress
b. Something from nothing
c. God
Then you are claiming the first two are impossible therefore the third one must be the true reason. How do you know that there aren't, as yet undiscovered, further options? There could be a fourth option that has not yet been devised, even a fifth and sixth, for all we know there could be an infinite number. How can you be sure that is not the case? To claim that is like saying 'everything that could be feasibly invented has been invented because if anything else were possible we would have invented it already, therefore we should close the patent office'. It is illogical.

2) You stated that God has to be accessible, leaving the three major monotheist deities as the only options then claimed that out of them only the Christian God was a possibility because only he has appeared in human form (Jesus). By stating this you are saying that a God can only exist if they are accessible worldwide and have appeared in human form to people. Would this mean that before God was known worldwide and was only known in the middle east be couldn't exist? Would it mean that before he appeared as Jesus he couldn't exist, as per YOUR definition?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.