The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
21-06-2011, 10:13 PM

RE: The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible
Monk,

The Minimal Facts Approach works like this: we are just concerned with what virtually all non-Christian scholars on the resurrection can agree upon. Of all of Paul's writings the earliest and most trustworthy are 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2. In those three chapters we find that Paul said he spent 15 days with Peter, and with John and James and spent time with them on more than one occasion. It's safe to say they talked about more than just the weather. They set up the earliest churches based on the resurrection appearances of seeing Jesus alive from the dead in various different group settings over 40 days, some of which Paul recounts. He gives the gospel message of salvation in creedal form handed down to him from the Apostles. Notice I did not need to access any of the 4 gospels or any of the other books of the Bible, just three chapters of the entire Bible.

The burden that God places on you upon hearing this is that if you cannot find a feasible genuine naturalistic explanation that can account for the disciples' beliefs and their eyewitness testimony then let the evidence flow into your heart to give your life to Christ so that you may be saved by grace through faith in God's only begotten Son. There is no greater love than the love of God and no more wonderful mercy than a sinner now saved.
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 10:15 PM
(21-06-2011 10:11 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  There are a majority of threads that are useful but they are the minority.

That... doesn't make any sense.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 10:16 PM
(21-06-2011 10:07 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Personally I'm just here to up my post count. Few more and I've got my 5th star! Huzzah!

I always back out as soon as I smell the repetition. I think that's why my post count is so low considering my join date. And yeah, these three threads have exploded, but Pasture will leave and they will go cold and sink into the forgotten pages, so why not have some fun while they last?

(21-06-2011 10:15 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(21-06-2011 10:11 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  There are a majority of threads that are useful but they are the minority.

Typo, I'm sure. Still, I snickered too.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
21-06-2011, 10:16 PM
(21-06-2011 10:16 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(21-06-2011 10:07 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Personally I'm just here to up my post count. Few more and I've got my 5th star! Huzzah!

I always back out as soon as I smell the repetition. I think that's why my post count is so low considering my join date. And yeah, these three threads have exploded, but Pasture will leave and they will go cold and sink into the forgotten pages, so why not have some fun while they last?

Yeah, why not? I want to rise my post count too Big Grin

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 10:19 PM

Repetitively avoiding is a problem, because you never face the matter at hand.

Parture Wrote:The Minimal Facts Approach works like this: we are just concerned with what virtually all non-Christian scholars on the resurrection can agree upon. Of all of Paul's writings the earliest and most trustworthy are 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2. In those three chapters we find that Paul said he spent 15 days with Peter, and with John and James and spent time with them on more than one occasion. It's safe to say they talked about more than just the weather. They set up the earliest churches based on the resurrection appearances of seeing Jesus alive from the dead in various different group settings over 40 days, some of which Paul recounts. He gives the gospel message of salvation in creedal form handed down to him from the Apostles. Notice I did not need to access any of the 4 gospels or any of the other books of the Bible, just three chapters of the entire Bible.

The burden that God places on you upon hearing this is that if you cannot find a feasible genuine naturalistic explanation that can account for the disciples' beliefs and their eyewitness testimony then let the evidence flow into your heart to give your life to Christ so that you may be saved by grace through faith in God's only begotten Son. There is no greater love than the love of God and no more wonderful mercy than a sinner now saved.
Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow gotta love how he is just doing "copy-paste" of the same shit over and over and over again.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

-Diego Rivera
21-06-2011, 10:27 PM

Whoops, fixed. Should have went to be 3 hours ago.

(21-06-2011 10:21 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Wow gotta love how he is just doing "copy-paste" of the same shit over and over and over again.

He is trolling, are you simple boy.

And even if he isn't, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Richard Dawkins who said " You can not argue with a mind like that ".
21-06-2011, 10:29 PM
(21-06-2011 10:27 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  

(21-06-2011 10:21 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  Wow gotta love how he is just doing "copy-paste" of the same shit over and over and over again.

Well, yeah I know, by definition he's trolling, but there are a lot of ways of trolling, making endless "copy-paste" is just 1 way for trolling Big Grin, I'm just pointing out that fact hehe.

-Georgia Harkness.

-Diego Rivera
21-06-2011, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2011 10:31 PM by NotSoVacuous.)

And even if he isn't, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it Richard Dawkins who said " You can not argue with a mind like that ".

(21-06-2011 10:29 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  

Well, yeah I know, by definition he's trolling, but there are a lot of ways of trolling, making endless "copy-paste" is just 1 way for trolling Big Grin, I'm just pointing out that fact hehe.

Many ways of trolling, one way of feeding them, replying. I leave on that note.
21-06-2011, 10:34 PM
(21-06-2011 10:30 PM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  

(21-06-2011 10:29 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  

Many ways of trolling, one way of feeding them, replying. I leave on that note.

Yeah, we should stop feeding him.

-Georgia Harkness.

-Diego Rivera