The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
20-06-2011, 09:45 PM
RE: The New 4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible
(20-06-2011 09:42 PM)Parture Wrote:  Efrx86,

A naturalistic explanation for Egyptian gods is that people just made them up since nobody has ever seen them. That is a viable naturalistic explanation.

You still can't produce a naturalistic explanation of the eyewitness testimony of the disciples. Praise the Lord!

I guess atheists don't care about evidence very much, after all there is no evidence for atheism so why would you need to deal with the evidence in Scripture in which historians are certain on some key facts like the disciples' eyewitness testimony that they truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead.

Ancient egyptians claim to have seen them, the same way ancient jews claim to have seen Jesus, why is it diferent?

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Quote:Robertus,

The proof was given and it is up to you to deal with it. It is not valid retort to say simply it is not a proof. You must deal with it.

Since nature can't always have existed, because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so, and something can't come from nothing then nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, and this is whom we call God the uncreated Creator.

Deal with it. Don't be a coward.

I did deal with it. The Budhha Samantbhadra created all of existence. It says so in the Nirvana Sutra, a document which has a manuscript tradition of nearly 20,000 Pali and Sanskrit copies.

Stop being a Coward and take refuge in the three gems.

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robertus_'s post
20-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Parture,

I am genuinely curious. Why are you here?

Is it to convert people to your relgion? To defend it? To learn about what atheists think? I'd really like to know.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-06-2011, 09:54 PM
(20-06-2011 09:42 PM)Parture Wrote:  Efrx86,

A naturalistic explanation for Egyptian gods is that people just made them up since nobody has ever seen them. That is a viable naturalistic explanation.
THANK YOU.

Quote:You still can't produce a naturalistic explanation of the eyewitness testimony of the disciples. Praise the Lord!
What makes you think that the eyewitness account of the disciples is more credible than the eyewitness accounts of the ancient Egyptians? How do you know that they really did not lie about seeing Jesus resurrected, but instead borrowed claims from other myths of the time and used it on a man named Jesus, if there was such a man in the first place? How do you know this is not all make believe?

Quote:I guess atheists don't care about evidence very much, after all there is no evidence for atheism so why would you need to deal with the evidence in Scripture in which historians are certain on some key facts like the disciples' eyewitness testimony that they truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead.
Surely the ancient Egyptians truly believed they saw Osiris/Horus rise from the dead. You say that Egyptians made their gods up. We agree with that and go one step further by saying that the starters of your religion made your god(s) up. Simple as that.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
20-06-2011, 10:05 PM

Efrx86,

We have the 27 books of the NT in perfect religio-historical context of the total of 66 books of the Bible across 1500 years and 40 authors and 12 different group settings recording the resurrection appearances of Jesus.

You know the disciples didn't lie because people don't willingly die for something they know is a lie; moreover, there is nothing to borrow since there are no resurrection accounts prior to Jesus in person.

You don't have this comprehensive documentation for your egyptian gods. In fact there are no eyewitnesses at all, you just have to assume they exist. Since you can't reproduce them realize you are mistaken.

Try again.
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2011, 10:17 PM
(20-06-2011 10:05 PM)Parture Wrote:  Efrx86,

We have the 27 books of the NT in perfect religio-historical context of the total of 66 books of the Bible across 1500 years and 40 authors and 12 different group settings recording the resurrection appearances of Jesus.

You know the disciples didn't lie because people don't willingly die for something they know is a lie; moreover, there is nothing to borrow since there are no resurrection accounts prior to Jesus in person.

You don't have this comprehensive documentation for your egyptian gods. In fact there are no eyewitnesses at all, you just have to assume they exist. Since you can't reproduce them realize you are mistaken.

Try again.

They did not die (if existed at all) just changed thier names and started a fake religion. Swing that.

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
20-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Quote:We have the 27 books of the NT in perfect religio-historical context of the total of 66 books of the Bible across 1500 years and 40 authors and 12 different group settings recording the resurrection appearances of Jesus.

Not in perfect religio-historical context. The God of the OT is a unitary deity that demanded animal sacrifice for accidental sins. The God of the New Testament is a Platonic Form split into different persons that distorts and misunderstands the theology of the Old Testament to make room for their risen pagan God. Please read a site like messiah truth and see that Jesus (if he existed) was not the Jewish Messiah.

Quote:You know the disciples didn't lie because people don't willingly die for something they know is a lie; moreover, there is nothing to borrow since there are no resurrection accounts prior to Jesus in person.

Therefore Islam is true since Ali and the companions of the Prophet would not have fought and died if they hadn't seen the great asteroid shower destroy the armies of the Pagan Arabs or see the Angel Gabriel actually give his revelation to Muhammed.

Quote:You don't have this comprehensive documentation for your egyptian gods. In fact there are no eyewitnesses at all, you just have to assume they exist. Since you can't reproduce them realize you are mistaken.

False.

The High Priest Akh-Nu-Sum and over 1000 Egyptians witnessed their God Osiris Rise from the dead and ascend into the heavenly realms in order to become Lord of the Underworld and bestow immortality upon his followers. These testimonies are all over the great temple to Osiris in Luxor

"Do what though wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - The Book of the Law
"There is no God but man" - Liber OZ

Light and Nature

Tweet!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robertus_'s post
20-06-2011, 10:24 PM
(20-06-2011 10:05 PM)Parture Wrote:  We have the 27 books of the NT in perfect religio-historical context of the total of 66 books of the Bible across 1500 years and 40 authors and 12 different group settings recording the resurrection appearances of Jesus.

So what you're saying is, "people are infallible" ? Not to mention the Bible is one of the most inaccurate, contradicting, mistranslated, and altered books in the history of mankind.

Quote:You know the disciples didn't lie because people don't willingly die for something they know is a lie;

So, also what you're saying is that the beliefs of every cult suicide in history were true?

Heaven's Gate was religious cult that committed mass suicide in order to reach an alien spacecraft that believed was following a comet. Why would all these people kill themselves if it wasn't true?

You know, folks. Sometimes you gotta stop throwing pudding at the retard chained in the corner and just let him die. He's making the whole house smell like feces, anyways.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
20-06-2011, 10:24 PM
(20-06-2011 09:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am genuinely curious. Why are you here?

Personally, I'd let run for a while. Who knows what crazy-ass useful shit this just might churn up. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-06-2011, 10:31 PM
(20-06-2011 10:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-06-2011 09:53 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I am genuinely curious. Why are you here?

Personally, I'd let run for a while. Who knows what crazy-ass useful shit this just might churn up. Wink

Never meant to imply I was considering closing the thread. It can run for as long as people want it to. No hidden meaning behind the question, and no ulterior motives. Just curiosity is all.

So many cats, so few good recipes.