The New Age Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 11:50 PM
RE: The New Age Atheist
(10-12-2013 06:45 PM)Luminon Wrote:  But even if we can make an observation, if it does not fit into the paradigm, nothing happens. There are always anomalies - we can always say it is a yet undiscovered part of the current paradigm. Even if it isn't, it would require such a make-over of the current paradigm, with so many projects going on, that it is just not worth of the effort. Scientists are very rigid and conservative and that allows them to go in deep research. They don't change a paradigm unless under very unscientific circumstances of a revolution.

Go look up Thomas Henry Huxley and Richard Owens and look at the massive shit-storms those two would get into over evolution through natural selection versus the divine creation of archetypes.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2013, 11:55 PM
(12-12-2013 11:46 PM)Tazay Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 11:39 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  LOL, U know what those are, no...? Tongue

They look like Japanese Maple... Or male Marijuana plants... which don't really get you high..

LOL male....yeah....Hobo

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-12-2013, 12:04 AM
(12-12-2013 12:18 PM)Luminon Wrote:  For now, let's say I feel like a New Age atheist more and more. For me an "energetic imbalance" or "energy deficiency" is a very real thing (and it gives an extra twist on the post-Christmas party hangover). For me, a threat of getting punched in the aura by a hippie is not a laughing matter Smile It has to be a Tai Chi punch, of course Big Grin

You need to come and be part of my forum (and this one too, of course!) But you need to come and realize the potential of your psychic abilities. That's what I think.

And you all know that psi phenomena is real. We may not be able to explain it, but it's as real as dark matter, dark energy, quantum duality, etc. It can't be replicated the way natural physical phenomena is replicated. It tends to be more hit and miss, but when it hits--there's no denying it and no way to explain it away.

I don't think it matters if one is an atheist. I think in the realm of psi and psychic practice, that becomes an irrelevant question. Why? Because psi phenomena pretty much necessitates the idea of God as monistic, and if God is monistic, atheism is completely irrelevant, except as a fighting force against religious dogma.

Human evolution has nowhere to go except toward psi. We have latent abilities--you all do just the same as me. It's time to excercise those abilities and, well, take over the world. Yes

Who's coming with me? Oh hell, I'll let my alter ego speak for me...

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2013, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 12:18 AM by Free Thought.)
(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 12:18 PM)Luminon Wrote:  For now, let's say I feel like a New Age atheist more and more. For me an "energetic imbalance" or "energy deficiency" is a very real thing (and it gives an extra twist on the post-Christmas party hangover). For me, a threat of getting punched in the aura by a hippie is not a laughing matter Smile It has to be a Tai Chi punch, of course Big Grin

And you all know that psi phenomena is real. We may not be able to explain it, but it's as real as dark matter, dark energy, quantum duality, etc. It can't be replicated the way natural physical phenomena is replicated. It tends to be more hit and miss, but when it hits--there's no denying it and no way to explain it away.

I get the feeling that this "hit and miss" is either A) Equivalent to the the percentage of hits and misses if I throw a ball 100 times and miss the target 50 times.
Or B) it works perfectly, just only when doubters are not present.

(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Human evolution has nowhere to go except toward psi. We have latent abilities--you all do just the same as me. It's time to excercise those abilities and, well, take over the world. Yes

While we are sharing videos:

(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Who's coming with me? Oh hell, I'll let my alter ego speak for me...

.... This alternate ego isn't going to call us terrorists, is it?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-12-2013, 12:36 AM
(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  You need to come and be part of my forum (and this one too, of course!) But you need to come and realize the potential of your psychic abilities. That's what I think.

Yes, he needs to fully actualise his stupidity and become as stupid as he can possibly be and you can help him get there. The older idiot guides the younger idiot towards ever greater levels of stupidity.

Quote:It can't be replicated the way natural physical phenomena is replicated. It tends to be more hit and miss, but when it hits--there's no denying it and no way to explain it away.

60% of the time it works everytime.

Quote:I don't think it matters if one is an atheist. I think in the realm of psi and psychic practice, that becomes an irrelevant question. Why?

Because stupidity is the only prerequisite.

Quote:Human evolution has nowhere to go except toward psi.

And what is selecting for psi?

Quote:We have latent abilities--you all do just the same as me.

If stupidity can be considered an ability then yes that is true.

Quote:It's time to excercise those abilities and, well, take over the world. Yes

Yes and it will look like this.

Quote:Who's coming with me?

Idiots. So you should have a huge market in the USA.
13-12-2013, 12:51 AM
(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  

You need to come and be part of my forum (and this one too, of course!) But you need to come and realize the potential of your psychic abilities. That's what I think.

I don't think it matters if one is an atheist. I think in the realm of psi and psychic practice, that becomes an irrelevant question. Why? Because psi phenomena pretty much necessitates the idea of God as monistic, and if God is monistic, atheism is completely irrelevant, except as a fighting force against religious dogma.

Human evolution has nowhere to go except toward psi. We have latent abilities--you all do just the same as me. It's time to excercise those abilities and, well, take over the world. Yes

Who's coming with me? Oh hell, I'll let my alter ego speak for me...

It's more likely when we get rid of this supernatural psychic shit we could say we evolved further. All your doing is dragging us back to the stone age. Must go forward not back, get it? Come with us, we might even duplicate your "psychic" powers with real science. Hey, your welcome for cell phones by the way. More reliable than any telepath. You can also hear the dead speak with old records and movies.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
13-12-2013, 01:11 AM
Atheists: You guys are like 0 fun. Why is that? I mean, I read the posts in here and there's no humor, no wit, no nothing. It's all like, lets smoke pot, play PS 2, and wait for the end of our lives.

But then if atheism is true...why do anything else? Why laugh at all? Huh
13-12-2013, 01:20 AM
(13-12-2013 01:11 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Atheists: You guys are like 0 fun. Why is that? I mean, I read the posts in here and there's no humor, no wit, no nothing. It's all like, lets smoke pot, play PS 2, and wait for the end of our lives.

But then if atheism is true...why do anything else? Why laugh at all? Huh

"if atheism is true"

Please excuse me while my hope for humanities future falls off a cliff.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-12-2013, 01:27 AM
(13-12-2013 01:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "if atheism is true"

Please excuse me while my hope for humanities future falls off a cliff.

That's right: If atheism is true, if there is no God, no creator, only chance playing out in a black void (which is magical thinking anyway, but...for the sake of argument...), then there is no reason to laugh at all. There's no reason to even be alive. If atheism is true, we are all just living to keep our bodies alive. We are slaves to existence.

Now, if you're some brain-dead loser who only wants to live off his parents, smoke spice, and find some way to get disability so you can play games in your mom's basement for the rest of your life, then you probably hope atheism is true, because such a waste of life would otherwise be some kind of sin.

You parade around like an intellectual rube acting like you know so much. You know what makes you look stupid? You're inability to examine the implications of your beliefs.
13-12-2013, 01:32 AM
(13-12-2013 01:27 AM)Gordon Wrote:  You know what makes you look stupid? You're inability to examine the implications of your beliefs.
Oh, the irony. Drinking Beverage

Hint: It's "your", not "you're". Basic stuff, really.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post