The New Age Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 01:45 AM
RE: The New Age Atheist
(13-12-2013 01:27 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 01:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "if atheism is true"

Please excuse me while my hope for humanities future falls off a cliff.

That's right: If atheism is true, if there is no God, no creator, only chance playing out in a black void (which is magical thinking anyway, but...for the sake of argument...), then there is no reason to laugh at all. There's no reason to even be alive. If atheism is true, we are all just living to keep our bodies alive. We are slaves to existence.

Now, if you're some brain-dead loser who only wants to live off his parents, smoke spice, and find some way to get disability so you can play games in your mom's basement for the rest of your life, then you probably hope atheism is true, because such a waste of life would otherwise be some kind of sin.

You parade around like an intellectual rube acting like you know so much. You know what makes you look stupid? You're inability to examine the implications of your beliefs.

First:

Theists of all flavours: Y U NO understand basic concept that atheism only means that a person does not believe in deities; it asserts only a persons stance, and has nothing else to say about anything else but the individuals belief.

You can keep having fun in your own little simulacrum-warped world all you like but it doesn't change the fact the people are responsible for themselves; THEY decide their purpose, THEY make reasons to live, and THEY live them. Your mental simulation of what you want the world to be is just your way of dealing with it; your god is part of that. And your apparent obsessive need to rely on it for balance is almost pitiable. Almost. Frankly, in direct contradiction to your statements, I find it comical, laughable even; just like I found your hell last time you were here. It's genuinely funny to me.
Plus that so quickly after your return we get to see you trying to bear your tiny little fangs again just add all the more hilarity to this thread, man.

I guess some people are just static like that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-12-2013, 02:12 AM
(13-12-2013 01:45 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  First:

Theists of all flavours: Y U NO understand basic concept that atheism only means that a person does not believe in deities;

Exactly. That's what I'm talking about.Drinking Beverage
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-12-2013, 08:27 AM
(13-12-2013 01:11 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Atheists: You guys are like 0 fun. Why is that? I mean, I read the posts in here and there's no humor, no wit, no nothing. It's all like, lets smoke pot, play PS 2, and wait for the end of our lives.

Yeah we're no fun at all, laughing at you...Hobo Laughat

[Image: atheist.jpg]

Quote:But then if atheism is true...

Oh, look, a WLC sycophant. Atheism is not an assertion. "True/False" doesn't apply. We simply don't believe your fairy stories.

Quote:why do anything else? Why laugh at all? Huh

Because it annoys the shit out of ignorant theists.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
13-12-2013, 08:35 AM

That's right: If atheism is true, if there is no God, no creator, only chance playing out in a black void (which is magical thinking anyway, but...for the sake of argument...), then there is no reason to laugh at all.

And yet we laugh all the time. That should tell you something about your idiotic presumptions, but it won't.

Quote:There's no reason to even be alive. If atheism is true, we are all just living to keep our bodies alive. We are slaves to existence.

You have no idea how stupid you are really being.

Quote:Now, if you're some brain-dead loser who only wants to live off his parents, smoke spice, and find some way to get disability so you can play games in your mom's basement for the rest of your life, then you probably hope atheism is true, because such a waste of life would otherwise be some kind of sin.

Quote:You parade around like an intellectual rube acting like you know so much.

We know your superstitious fairy tales are superstitious fairy tales. That's quite enough and far more than you know, idiot.

Quote:pYou know what makes you look stupid? You're inability to examine the implications of your beliefs.

Being able to see though your scary-fairy stories is fucking brilliant, compared to you who believe in them.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
13-12-2013, 09:43 AM

That's right: If atheism is true, if there is no God, no creator, only chance playing out in a black void (which is magical thinking anyway, but...for the sake of argument...), then there is no reason to laugh at all. There's no reason to even be alive. If atheism is true, we are all just living to keep our bodies alive. We are slaves to existence.

Now, if you're some brain-dead loser who only wants to live off his parents, smoke spice, and find some way to get disability so you can play games in your mom's basement for the rest of your life, then you probably hope atheism is true, because such a waste of life would otherwise be some kind of sin.

You parade around like an intellectual rube acting like you know so much. You know what makes you look stupid? You're inability to examine the implications of your beliefs.

It has been clear for quite some time that you simply need to believe there is some magic and meaning beyond our existence. Your infantile need does not make it true.

And it has become clear that you lack the courage to face the fact that people need to make their own meaning since none is given to us.
You continue to sit at the kiddie table while the adults feast on the richness of existence.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-12-2013, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 09:53 AM by grizzlysnake.)

You do realize that atheism isn't a philosophy, right? People create their own meaning in life When the one set before them is not satisfactory. Maybe you should stay in your seminary and practice what the church calls witches work. That's actually what that place is to the church, these are seen as devil powers and you just can't see it which is hilarious. Your actually pretending to be God.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
13-12-2013, 09:59 AM
(13-12-2013 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  And it has become clear that you lack the courage to face the fact that people need to make their own meaning since none is given to us.
You continue to sit at the kiddie table while the adults feast on the richness of existence.

Richness of existence? What are you talking about? You're implying that something gives existence its "richness" that you are hereby feasting on.

If existence only has richness that you pretend it has, then it really doesn't have richness at all, and you are feasting on delusions. If it has richness in itself, then a mind must have started "existence" (at least in the physical sense of the word) in order to give it richness, which is a mental quality.

So, either you're a lunatic or God exists. And I'm just using your own argument.
[Image: 40%20(11).gif]
13-12-2013, 10:06 AM
(13-12-2013 09:59 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  And it has become clear that you lack the courage to face the fact that people need to make their own meaning since none is given to us.

Richness of existence? What are you talking about? You're implying that something gives existence its "richness" that you are hereby feasting on.

If existence only has richness that you pretend it has, then it really doesn't have richness at all, and you are feasting on delusions. If it has richness in itself, then a mind must have started "existence" (at least in the physical sense of the word) in order to give it richness, which is a mental quality.

So, either you're a lunatic or God exists. And I'm just using your own argument.
[Image: 40%20(11).gif]

[Image: 5880ff0c.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
13-12-2013, 10:13 AM
(13-12-2013 09:45 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You do realize that atheism isn't a philosophy, right?

Sure it is. It's not a rock, or a coffee cup, or a computer. It's a system of belief. That's a philosophy.

I know, I know. [Image: 8%20(1).gif]

You want to believe atheism is synonymous with a neurological mental state of not believing dieties exist. But you only want that so you can avoid defending your stance. Why? Because there is no coherent atheist argument. And you know it.

For there to be laws at all which govern how the universe unfolded, there had to be a mind that created those laws. That primordial mind we call God. We may not understand what God is. I don't. We may not understand how God creates, but for anything to exist in any coherent fashion requires design, design requires mental activity.

Atheism is just stunted intellectualism. It's putting your head in the sand and ignoring what's right in front of you. And because this makes you a minority in a world you really don't like very much, it allows you to feel superior to that world. And that's how you prop up your self-esteem.
Consider
13-12-2013, 10:18 AM
(13-12-2013 10:13 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 09:45 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  You do realize that atheism isn't a philosophy, right?

Sure it is. It's not a rock, or a coffee cup, or a computer. It's a system of belief. That's a philosophy.

Nope

Quote:I know, I know. [Image: 8%20(1).gif]

You want to believe atheism is synonymous with a neurological mental state of not believing dieties exist. But you only want that so you can avoid defending your stance. Why? Because there is no coherent atheist argument. And you know it.

Wrong again

Quote:For there to be laws at all which govern how the universe unfolded, there had to be a mind that created those laws. That primordial mind we call God. We may not understand what God is. I don't. We may not understand how God creates, but for anything to exist in any coherent fashion requires design, design requires mental activity.

Nope

Quote:Atheism is just stunted intellectualism. It's putting your head in the sand and ignoring what's right in front of you. And because this makes you a minority in a world you really don't like very much, it allows you to feel superior to that world. And that's how you prop up your self-esteem.
Consider

So wrong.

Really? This is what you've got? Cause this is sad - truly.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post