The New Age Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 10:19 AM
RE: The New Age Atheist
Witch Sabrina,

Why are you in here acting like an atheist? You say you're a witch and a pagan. Don't you then believe in the Goddess? I'm not either one of those, and I believe in the Goddess (I think She is a female revelation of the Divine Source.).

It would be kind of hard to practice witchcraft and be an atheist, I would think.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2013, 10:29 AM
(13-12-2013 10:19 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Witch Sabrina,

Why are you in here acting like an atheist? You say you're a witch and a pagan. Don't you then believe in the Goddess? I'm not either one of those, and I believe in the Goddess (I think She is a female revelation of the Divine Source.).

It would be kind of hard to practice witchcraft and be an atheist, I would think.
She's not a witch...if you payed attention you'd know that. What does it matter anyway? You're just another poe troll. You don't care for discussion just blind assertions and causing havoc.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2013, 11:07 AM

Wow. I can't even.............

*takes a deep breath*

Yanno what? It is really unfair of me to expect anyone here to have poured over my posts to have a better understanding of who I am and who I am not. Especially since I still harbor questions of my own to boot. That's no one's problem but mine.
However::::
IF you make it PERSONAL with me - I will do likewise. You dig?

starting over here................

So...... Let's try this:
Gordon --- I'm not attacking YOU.......I am confronting what you posted - in type - for all to read. Your post is what I am commenting on. Comprende?

*brief rant*
And I have a suggestion for you and a few others who are constantly ButtHurt===
IF you are SOOOoooo attached to the words you type that you take ANY question personally and flare the fuck up over questions or debate ---
then
I suggest you be FAR more careful in what you actually choose to say. Stop the diarrhea typing of whatever floats in your head. Cause if you're gonna type it - it MIGHT just raise questions or comment.

Jesus
Do people NOT know how forums work???
*rant over*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-12-2013, 11:40 AM

Shades of the old Egor.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-12-2013, 12:49 PM
(13-12-2013 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Shades of the old Egor.
ah so this is the infamous Egor. Why does anyone even bother? I figured him for a troll just recently. Can we all just starve him now? Pretty please Big Grin

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
13-12-2013, 12:54 PM
(13-12-2013 12:49 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 11:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Shades of the old Egor.
ah so this is the infamous Egor. Why does anyone even bother? I figured him for a troll just recently. Can we all just starve him now? Pretty please Big Grin

Understood Cheif! Got it.

Now............... what OTHER interesting things are there to talk about? hmmmConsider

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
13-12-2013, 01:01 PM
(13-12-2013 09:59 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 09:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  And it has become clear that you lack the courage to face the fact that people need to make their own meaning since none is given to us.
You continue to sit at the kiddie table while the adults feast on the richness of existence.

Richness of existence? What are you talking about? You're implying that something gives existence its "richness" that you are hereby feasting on.

If existence only has richness that you pretend it has, then it really doesn't have richness at all, and you are feasting on delusions. If it has richness in itself, then a mind must have started "existence" (at least in the physical sense of the word) in order to give it richness, which is a mental quality.

So, either you're a lunatic or God exists. And I'm just using your own argument.
[Image: 40%20(11).gif]

No, you are making an illogical, irrational leap from "If it has richness in itself" to " then a mind must have started "existence"".
There is no logical connection there, you have not justified it in any way, you are just asserting it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-12-2013, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 02:31 PM by Luminon.)
(12-12-2013 11:48 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Psi wheels spin because of convection, i.e. the heat from your hands.

That is why clowns like Luminion think they have telekinetic powers, "But I'm not using my breath, it is my electro-biologic-roast beef and mustard field making the wheel spin!".

Note from the video that mugs of hot water also have telekinetic powers and electro-biologic-ham and cheese on rye-fields like Luminion does.
One i, please. Your theory is interesting, but it remains to explain why can't I make the wheel rotate with warm hands alone. (I actually tried it right now and I still don't know what makes it rotate) No reliability at all. And why I observed selective rotation, stopping and change of direction.
13-12-2013, 02:54 PM
(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  And you all know that psi phenomena is real.

Look, broski. Presuppositionalism is a failure pile in a sadness bowl when theists try it.

It doesn't change when you try it.

(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  We may not be able to explain it, but it's as real as dark matter, dark energy, quantum duality, etc.

I'm quite sure you have no idea what those words mean.

(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  It can't be replicated the way natural physical phenomena is replicated. It tends to be more hit and miss, but when it hits--there's no denying it and no way to explain it away.

If it is real then it is necessarily a natural phenomenon. That's what "observable and predictable" means.

It is no such thing. It is the purview of fools, madmen, and charlatans.

(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  I don't think it matters if one is an atheist. I think in the realm of psi and psychic practice, that becomes an irrelevant question. Why? Because psi phenomena pretty much necessitates the idea of God as monistic, and if God is monistic, atheism is completely irrelevant, except as a fighting force against religious dogma.

IF psi
THEN monistic God

That's some quality insane troll logic, right there.

(13-12-2013 12:04 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Human evolution has nowhere to go except toward psi. We have latent abilities--you all do just the same as me. It's time to excercise those abilities and, well, take over the world. Yes

Oh, so this nonexistent phantasm is amenable to exercise?

That's a testable prediction, right there.

But why do I suspect the null result will only manage to garner No True Scotsman by way of response?

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
13-12-2013, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 03:04 PM by Gordon.)
(13-12-2013 11:07 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Yanno what? It is really unfair of me to expect anyone here to have poured over my posts to have a better understanding of who I am and who I am not. Especially since I still harbor questions of my own to boot. That's no one's problem but mine.
However::::
IF you make it PERSONAL with me - I will do likewise. You dig?

Relax. I just asked you a simple question.

Quote:Gordon --- I'm not attacking YOU.......I am confronting what you posted - in type - for all to read. Your post is what I am commenting on. Comprende?

Not reall, no. No

Quote:*brief rant*
And I have a suggestion for you and a few others who are constantly ButtHurt===
IF you are SOOOoooo attached to the words you type that you take ANY question personally and flare the fuck up over questions or debate ---
then
I suggest you be FAR more careful in what you actually choose to say. Stop the diarrhea typing of whatever floats in your head. Cause if you're gonna type it - it MIGHT just raise questions or comment.

Jesus
Do people NOT know how forums work???
*rant over*

Sorry. Didn't mean to send you over the edge by asking you about your belief in the Goddess. Shocking

[Image: chill-pill-smiley.gif]