The New Age Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: The New Age Atheist
(07-12-2013 01:43 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 01:31 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Either you leave the door open for the supernatural (and all that might entail) --- therefore leaving the door open for God, A god, a Goddess, the tooth fairy, easter bunny etc.......
or
You don't.

And if you fall into the "No, I don't" then you're atheist.
There's just no way to fuck that up - is there?

Well... yea, there is a way to fuck that up. His name is Ego®... and he is indeed back... completely unchanged and incapable of understanding that people see his passive aggressive attempts to manipulate brought on by his need to feel superior because of his inferiority complex and insecurities that theism has left him with.

Oh well... so much for "faith" in a person's ability to take responsibility for one's self. Drinking Beverage

If I were the type to say 'I told you so' then this might be a good place to say 'I told you so'; however, I won't say 'I told you so' here, since I 'm not the type to say 'I told you so'. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-12-2013, 03:03 PM
(07-12-2013 02:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 01:43 PM)kim Wrote:  Well... yea, there is a way to fuck that up. His name is Ego®... and he is indeed back... completely unchanged and incapable of understanding that people see his passive aggressive attempts to manipulate brought on by his need to feel superior because of his inferiority complex and insecurities that theism has left him with.

Oh well... so much for "faith" in a person's ability to take responsibility for one's self. Drinking Beverage

If I were the type to say 'I told you so' then this might be a good place to say 'I told you so'; however, I won't say 'I told you so' here, since I 'm not the type to say 'I told you so'. Drinking Beverage

Well, I guess it's time for me to pick up that 50$... nah - it's too cold out; I'd rather stay in. Sleepy

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
Find all posts by this user
07-12-2013, 03:05 PM
(07-12-2013 02:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 01:43 PM)kim Wrote:  Well... yea, there is a way to fuck that up. His name is Ego®... and he is indeed back... completely unchanged and incapable of understanding that people see his passive aggressive attempts to manipulate brought on by his need to feel superior because of his inferiority complex and insecurities that theism has left him with.

Your original evaluation was not in this thread. So no. But hey, knock yourself out - oops, you did. Dodgy your three passive aggressive strikes.

I don't usually have regrets about things I do, only things I don't do. I have no regrets about giving someone a chance. I'm still not certain change won't happen, only that it hasn't happened, yet. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-12-2013, 03:13 PM
(07-12-2013 03:05 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 02:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I were the type to say 'I told you so' then this might be a good place to say 'I told you so'; however, I won't say 'I told you so' here, since I 'm not the type to say 'I told you so'. Drinking Beverage

Your original evaluation was not in this thread. So no. But hey, knock yourself out - oops, you did. Dodgy your three passive aggressive strikes.

I don't usually have regrets about things I do, only things I don't do. I have no regrets about giving someone a chance. I'm still not certain change won't happen, only that it hasn't happened, yet. Drinking Beverage

The Boy Who Cried Wolf is the reason why I'm done giving chances. It doesn't matter to me if no one else does, it's my stance. Ego earned it.

[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
07-12-2013, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 03:21 PM by WitchSabrina.)
(07-12-2013 01:45 PM)Fat Mac Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 01:21 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Dude..............

*sigh*
Ok - now I'm just tired. I've already typed what I could to be helpful.

(goes off looking for chocolate)

I read through the thread and I read your posts, and I don't see your point. Atheism is nothing but a disbelief in a god, why shouldn't an atheist be able to believe in a soul, ghosts, etc? It doesn't make sense how not believing in a god would come with the inability to believe in anything else in the area.

WitchSabrina Wrote:Either you leave the door open for the supernatural (and all that might entail) --- therefore leaving the door open for God, A god, a Goddess, the tooth fairy, easter bunny etc.......

or

You don't.

And if you fall into the "No, I don't" then you're atheist.

But the way you word it makes it much more black and white than it actually is. What your reason behind it? I know in your head you think it's a simple truth, and you can't grasp why anybody could even disagree. But I'm disagreeing, and I'm curious as to how ghosts and God are related, and how they have to be behind the same door. And you have to accept both or neither. I'm just not getting that reasoning.

""Ghosts, hon, by definition is the *spirit* now in another plane of existence. So....things like 'spirit' and 'planes of existence' are getting you dangerously close to admitting to the same factors which make up a god. Just like tarot cards, crystal balls, most anything in the Magic department (ask me- I'm an expert).
Atheism is Non-belief - indicating no acceptance of the supernatural or tendencies, attachments, attributes thereof. It's one of those places, Gordon, where you don't get to have your cake and eat it to. The two things really don't jive.

Believe me - I've tried to marry the two concepts. They just do not jive.""

just let it sink in...............
either you're going with (fill-in-the-blank) supernatural (whatever)
[ie therefore allowing for deity] OR

you're not.

You can't have it both ways. It's not fair. You cannot say "Yes" to ghosts and "No" to God.

let it sink in.................and you'll understand what I'm driving at.

I mean LOL You technically certainly **could** say "yes I believe in ghosts" but "No I don't believe in god" but no one should take you seriously.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-12-2013, 03:29 PM
(07-12-2013 03:05 PM)kim Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 02:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  If I were the type to say 'I told you so' then this might be a good place to say 'I told you so'; however, I won't say 'I told you so' here, since I 'm not the type to say 'I told you so'. Drinking Beverage

Well, then, this isn't the thread to say 'I told you so' if one were the type to say 'I told you so', so I wouldn't say 'I told you so' in this thread even if I were the type to say 'I told you so'. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-12-2013, 03:33 PM
(07-12-2013 03:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:05 PM)kim Wrote:  Your original evaluation was not in this thread. So no. But hey, knock yourself out - oops, you did. Dodgy your three passive aggressive strikes.

Well, then, this isn't the thread to say 'I told you so' if one were the type to say 'I told you so', so I wouldn't say 'I told you so' in this thread even if I were the type to say 'I told you so'. No

LOL
Would you please STOP THAT LOL and help me explain that

Supernatural = Supernatural

*bangs head on table*

How you cannot have a few supernatural elements (like a ghost) without allowing for a god/.....

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
07-12-2013, 03:39 PM
(07-12-2013 03:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, then, this isn't the thread to say 'I told you so' if one were the type to say 'I told you so', so I wouldn't say 'I told you so' in this thread even if I were the type to say 'I told you so'. No

What a ween. Rolleyes 4 strikes/excessive force

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-12-2013, 03:43 PM
(07-12-2013 03:17 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 01:45 PM)Fat Mac Wrote:  I read through the thread and I read your posts, and I don't see your point. Atheism is nothing but a disbelief in a god, why shouldn't an atheist be able to believe in a soul, ghosts, etc? It doesn't make sense how not believing in a god would come with the inability to believe in anything else in the area.

But the way you word it makes it much more black and white than it actually is. What your reason behind it? I know in your head you think it's a simple truth, and you can't grasp why anybody could even disagree. But I'm disagreeing, and I'm curious as to how ghosts and God are related, and how they have to be behind the same door. And you have to accept both or neither. I'm just not getting that reasoning.

""Ghosts, hon, by definition is the *spirit* now in another plane of existence. So....things like 'spirit' and 'planes of existence' are getting you dangerously close to admitting to the same factors which make up a god. Just like tarot cards, crystal balls, most anything in the Magic department (ask me- I'm an expert).
Atheism is Non-belief - indicating no acceptance of the supernatural or tendencies, attachments, attributes thereof. It's one of those places, Gordon, where you don't get to have your cake and eat it to. The two things really don't jive.

Believe me - I've tried to marry the two concepts. They just do not jive.""

just let it sink in...............
either you're going with (fill-in-the-blank) supernatural (whatever)
[ie therefore allowing for deity] OR

you're not.

You can't have it both ways. It's not fair. You cannot say "Yes" to ghosts and "No" to God.

let it sink in.................and you'll understand what I'm driving at.

I mean LOL You technically certainly **could** say "yes I believe in ghosts" but "No I don't believe in god" but no one should take you seriously.

Cognitive dissonance. It's just like scientists that somehow still believe in god. People, compatmentalize things in their mind, and believe conflicting things all the time.

You can be an atheist and still believe in ghosts... Doesn't mean it has to make sense though! Smile Thumbsup
07-12-2013, 03:48 PM
(07-12-2013 03:33 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 03:29 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, then, this isn't the thread to say 'I told you so' if one were the type to say 'I told you so', so I wouldn't say 'I told you so' in this thread even if I were the type to say 'I told you so'. No

LOL
Would you please STOP THAT LOL and help me explain that

Supernatural = Supernatural

*bangs head on table*

How you cannot have a few supernatural elements (like a ghost) without allowing for a god/.....

Hope it helps. Smile

[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post