The New Age Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: The New Age Atheist
(07-12-2013 12:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Here is where things go wrong, there aren't different kinds of atheism. There are different kinds of people who are atheists.

That makes sense, I suppose. But what then is the official stand?

Atheist believe have no belief that God exists?

But then we have to define the term "God." Dont' we? Consider
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 04:42 PM
(07-12-2013 01:04 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I won't even ask for proof of the user Ladylane - you have two accounts that are yours on the site already, the Admin (love the avatar) and the regular member Gordon. I think I might be having deja vu... the username sound eerily similar to someone I know on this forum... Consider Who has confirmed she has never visited your page. Dodgy

It's no conspiracy. I am Gordon Jerome. I am also the admin of the forum. I even have two other usernames that I use to test out functions within the forum, but they don't post. I'm assuming everyone knows that. Although I do freely talk as if we are different. The admin might say that Gordon will be doing this or that. I only use the admin as an admin, he doesn't participate in discussions. I'm sure the same thing goes on here. Seth probably is one of the members. It would be akward if he went around posting as the owner of the forum. It's a psychological thing.

And I don't know who LadyLane is any more than you do. She was someone who was part of the Southern Psychic Seminary Facebook group, and I think we were friends, but I friend any and everyone. When she Libeled me on FB, I banned her from the forum, from the FB group and defriended her.

You don't have to believe that. It really doesn't matter. It's really not even that important, is it?
07-12-2013, 04:47 PM
(07-12-2013 04:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 12:54 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Here is where things go wrong, there aren't different kinds of atheism. There are different kinds of people who are atheists.

Agreed, atheism is a lack of beleif in gods/deities. The same gods/deities that the religious and theists claim is real.

As for needing to define the term "god", are there any definitions of god you think atheists would believe? I don't think so, making the need to define it unnecessary.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-12-2013, 04:52 PM
(07-12-2013 04:42 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 01:04 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  I won't even ask for proof of the user Ladylane - you have two accounts that are yours on the site already, the Admin (love the avatar) and the regular member Gordon. I think I might be having deja vu... the username sound eerily similar to someone I know on this forum... Consider Who has confirmed she has never visited your page. Dodgy

It's no conspiracy. I am Gordon Jerome. I am also the admin of the forum. I even have two other usernames that I use to test out functions within the forum, but they don't post. I'm assuming everyone knows that. Although I do freely talk as if we are different. The admin might say that Gordon will be doing this or that. I only use the admin as an admin, he doesn't participate in discussions. I'm sure the same thing goes on here. Seth probably is one of the members. It would be akward if he went around posting as the owner of the forum. It's a psychological thing.

And I don't know who LadyLane is any more than you do. She was someone who was part of the Southern Psychic Seminary Facebook group, and I think we were friends, but I friend any and everyone. When she Libeled me on FB, I banned her from the forum, from the FB group and defriended her.

You don't have to believe that. It really doesn't matter. It's really not even that important, is it?

Depends - you play things up and down so much I can't help but wonder if you've trained as a pole dancer.

Sorry guys. Good luck getting that image out of your heads. xD

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
07-12-2013, 04:57 PM
(07-12-2013 01:14 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 11:53 AM)Gordon Wrote:  Well, that's what it used to be. Not two years ago, no one would have said an atheist can believe in spiritual enteties and still be an atheist. Richard Dawkins must have given the okay on it or something, because I'm seeing it more and more.
They have always had to ignore too many things in the world in order to be atheists.

WTF does that mean???

It means that there's all kinds of evidence for the supernatural, but atheists simply ignore it out of hand. That's the irrationality of atheism. Given the evidence for things such as reincarnation, telepathy, and precognition, the only coherent stance one can take is that of an agnostic. Atheism is as irrational as most of the religions it is opposed to. Cool

(07-12-2013 04:47 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Agreed, atheism is a lack of beleif in gods/deities. The same gods/deities that the religious and theists claim is real.

So, you disbelieve because a religious person believes it? That's your grounds? Really?

Quote:As for needing to define the term "god", are there any definitions of god you think atheists would believe? I don't think so, making the need to define it unnecessary.

So you are simply close-minded to the very notion. So much so that you don't even need to define what you say you don't believe in.

Fine, but don't ask me to think of you as a rational individual. Shoot, if we were to really hammer it out, I'm probably more of an atheist than you are, because I define and know what exactly God has to be from a Christian perspective, and what God can't possibly be, and so I know that the the Roman Christian type of God doesn't exist. That's probably the God you and I are talking about--but I know what I'm talking about. I know why I don't believe in that God. I can fully state what type of God I would believe in, and I can fully detail what I can and can't know about that God.

The God you are probably an atheist over (Probably the Jewish, Muslim, and Christian versions of God), I am probably a stronger atheist than you. I could make your arguments probably better than you could.

As for beating up on the religions themselves, well, that's like making fun of retarded people. Eventually you start to look retarded yourself.

...not saying you're retarded. No
07-12-2013, 05:02 PM
(07-12-2013 04:52 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Depends - you play things up and down so much I can't help but wonder if you've trained as a pole dancer.

That's fair. Thumbsup I can't help wonder if you finished high school. Drinking Beverage
07-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Egor, I do not believe in any gods.

It doesn't matter if they are Christian or Greek or golden pigs - I don't believe in them.

That does leave me free to believe in pink unicorns with purple polka dots, should I be so inclined. Unicorns are not gods.

It leaves me free to believe in ghosts and fairies and hobbits.

They are not gods either.

The only thing needed to be an atheist is a lack of belief in gods.

I would have thought you would have learned as much in all the time you spent here.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-12-2013, 05:09 PM
(07-12-2013 04:57 PM)Gordon Wrote:  It means that there's all kinds of evidence for the supernatural, but atheists simply ignore it out of hand. That's the irrationality of atheism. Given the evidence for things such as reincarnation, telepathy, and precognition, the only coherent stance one can take is that of an agnostic. Atheism is as irrational as most of the religions it is opposed to. Cool

Citations needed. If you make the claim, you should be able to back it up. Heck - you could even make a million dollars.

Quote:So you are simply close-minded to the very notion. So much so that you don't even need to define what you say you don't believe in.

Fine, but don't ask me to think of you as a rational individual. Shoot, if we were to really hammer it out, I'm probably more of an atheist than you are, because I define and know what exactly God has to be from a Christian perspective, and what God can't possibly be, and so I know that the the Roman Christian type of God doesn't exist. That's probably the God you and I are talking about--but I know what I'm talking about. I know why I don't believe in that God. I can fully state what type of God I would believe in, and I can fully detail what I can and can't know about that God.

Which one? The Veridican God or is this a version 2.0?

Quote:The God you are probably an atheist over (Probably the Jewish, Muslim, and Christian versions of God), I am probably a stronger atheist than you. I could make your arguments probably better than you could.

Yeah, beat your chest harder man, it totally gives you credence. *cough*

Quote:As for beating up on the religions themselves, well, that's like making fun of retarded people. Eventually you start to look retarded yourself.

...not saying you're retarded. No

No, you're just trying to keep people from thinking rationally and expressing rational thought.

07-12-2013, 05:11 PM
(07-12-2013 04:34 PM)Gordon Wrote:  

What do you mean 'official'?

And I don't believe any definition of any god I have aver heard, so define away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
07-12-2013, 05:13 PM
(07-12-2013 05:02 PM)Gordon Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 04:52 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Depends - you play things up and down so much I can't help but wonder if you've trained as a pole dancer.

That's fair. Thumbsup I can't help wonder if you finished high school. Drinking Beverage

At least I had to leave the house.

[Image: pole-dancing-courses-1.jpg]