The New Age Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2013, 08:37 PM
RE: The New Age Atheist
Gordon are you from the Landover Baptist Church? (http://www.landoverbaptist.org/)

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2013, 01:14 AM
(07-12-2013 05:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  And I don't believe any definition of any god I have aver heard, so define away.

God as a mind that has always existed and can never not exist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-12-2013, 01:15 AM
(07-12-2013 05:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, insult number one. I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself. Undecided

The guy insulted me first. Drinking Beverage
08-12-2013, 01:18 AM
(07-12-2013 05:23 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Not believing in a god that others assert as real, does not mean that is my reason for not believing. Bye

ummm buh buye. Girl_nails
08-12-2013, 01:18 AM
(08-12-2013 01:15 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(07-12-2013 05:18 PM)Dom Wrote:  Ah, insult number one. I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself. Undecided

The guy insulted me first. Drinking Beverage

Now you sound like I&I and Heywood...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-12-2013, 01:43 AM
(08-12-2013 01:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 01:15 AM)Gordon Wrote:  The guy insulted me first. Drinking Beverage

Now you sound like I&I and Heywood...

Why do atheists always expect theists to behave with greater morality, ethics, manners, and compassion than they expect of themselves?
08-12-2013, 02:22 AM
(08-12-2013 01:43 AM)Gordon Wrote:  
(08-12-2013 01:18 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Now you sound like I&I and Heywood...

Why do atheists always expect theists to behave with greater morality, ethics, manners, and compassion than they expect of themselves?

Because they (theists) very often claim moral superiority.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
08-12-2013, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 02:43 AM by Gordon.)
(08-12-2013 02:22 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Because they (theists) very often claim moral superiority.

So if we stop claiming that, can we act like atheists? Unsure

Oh, I don't want to start a fight. I think there's a rule against that now.

But there's one thing you should know about me, and in this way, I am very unlike most people you will ever meet in your life: I don't think I'm a particularly good person. I have closely looked over the course of my life, and I don't think I have lived the way I should have. I think I have failed more than I ever succeeded; I have offended God and man; I have done so many bad things I made a list once and it is three pages long in single space (I keep it heavily encrypted on my computer), and some of that stuff is really bad.

So, I know what kind of a piece of sh.. I am. I do not look in the mirror and say, "I'm a pretty good person." I am not. I never have been, and I'm so old now, I probably never will be. I will continue to try not to make the same mistakes over and over. I will honestly try, but I am deeply flawed.

That realization is extremely important. I have met almost no one who could ever say the same thing. Everyone I have met has to justify themselves and talk about the good things they do. Everyone I have met seems to think they are "pretty good people." And yet nothing could be further from the truth.
08-12-2013, 02:54 AM
(08-12-2013 01:15 AM)Gordon Wrote:  The guy insulted me first. Drinking Beverage

[Image: h3A10BE15]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
08-12-2013, 04:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2013 12:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-12-2013 08:47 PM)Gordon Wrote:  Well, I was thinking the same thing. I mean, I believe God is monistic in nature, so I don't even know if it's appropriate to talk about the existence of God.

As you can see, this poster says he is not sure what it means to be a theist, to him, or if it is even a coherent concept. He has this weird "god is everything, but god is a *mind*" (pantheist-brain) bullshilt, (even though there is no example of a disembodied *mind* that has ever been observed, or that there is any evidence for), then says he doesn't know if it's even appropriate to talk about it. He says he's changed, (well obviously he changed his name from last time), and he did change his belief system every few months or so, so that's nothing new. But what he IS sure of, even though he's not sure of what his own theism is, he IS sure "atheism" is bad, and evil, and he needs to save the world, and us from it. He has a visceral, knee jerk reaction to the word, "atheist". If we called ourselves adiscombombulatedists, he would be fine with the adiscombobulatedists. Of course he's back. He can't help himself. Every few months, the crazy train HAS to stop by, and he HAS to try and save the atheists, from themselves. Trouble is, he's an atheist by everyone else's definition, so they won't have him on the theist forums. The trouble also is, his definitions of things are crap, and he really is not up to these little mind game he needs to play to amuse himself. Beware. He is 100% cray-cray. Stay away from the cray cray, or you will get this :
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...Bucky-Ball
Put the cray-cray on ignore now, and have NO interaction with the cray-cray. He has nothing to say except assertion that "god as a mind has always existed", yet cannot explain how it is possible, and that means non-existence also has always existed (in reality for the deity in question), as long as his deity existed, so if his deity were "everything" as he asserts, it would also have to be non-existence, or provide any evidence for it. He thinks assertion is proof. His assertions are and always have been incoherent. If you post on public boards on TTA he will accuse you of "following him around", as he is mentally unstable. He is 50+ years old, with grand-kids, yet every few months or so, he is still changing his belief system(s), and says he's changed. He's a very unstable personality. Beware the crazy train. "Monism" is just another word for pantheism, but he can't explain how or why it's any different, but he will certainly keep asserting is it isn't the same.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post