The "New" Church, signs they are worried.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 07:36 PM
The "New" Church, signs they are worried.
On my way from my daughters house to work this morning I passed this new church. I had to go back and take some pics. This is the "new" church, in a metal building. So classic architecture is dead, I guess. Laugh out load

The "Exciting" in the name is very funny since they are also a "cowboy church" (the kneeling cowboy, steadfast horse before the cross) which promotes the old days and simple times. Facepalm

[Image: 40qw1J9.jpg]

This parking lot is about half of what was there. Makes me wonder where are they going to get all the people to fill it, it's 10 miles from the nearest town. Also, where did they get the money for this, the playground and the buses? Government funds somehow I'd bet?
[Image: 47eNFQi.jpg?1]

The sign really says it all, bonus time 1 hour with Jebus 9:30am and also that this is the "Pryor Campus"... there are more campuses? Gasp
[Image: bIbBxM1.jpg?1]

I also saw a church in town the same big metal building... name
"Your Place Church, X Gen". *sigh*

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
24-06-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: The "New" Church, signs they are worried.
There was some sort of place that went out of business here, a while back, and a church bought it. None of the architecture changed, so it still looked like the old business with a church name printed on it.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
24-06-2016, 07:49 PM
(24-06-2016 07:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  This is the "new" church, in a metal building. So classic architecture is dead, I guess. Laugh out load

I have heard atheists complain about churches being fancy and extravagant. Now one making fun of a church that happens to be austere. Facepalm

Regarding the playground, it could easily have been donated, busses like that come cheap at auction.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
24-06-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm excited that they're advertizing sun worship.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
24-06-2016, 07:53 PM
[Image: tumbleweed_in_west_texas_grande.jpeg?v=1406838410]

Exciting!
[+] 12 users Like Aliza's post
24-06-2016, 07:54 PM
(24-06-2016 07:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 07:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  This is the "new" church, in a metal building. So classic architecture is dead, I guess. Laugh out load

I have heard atheists complain about churches being fancy and extravagant. Now one making fun of a church that happens to be austere. Facepalm

Regarding the playground, it could easily have been donated, busses like that come cheap at auction.

Yep, I get to say it's a fugly building if I want. Cool

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
24-06-2016, 07:59 PM
(24-06-2016 07:54 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yep, I get to say it's a fugly building if I want. Cool

Yet that is not the point.

It's a fugly building, but you are dismissing the very real fact that he made a statement of how religion basically thrives on wasting money on expensive and impressive architecture.
24-06-2016, 08:05 PM
Used to be only nobility and the church could support the arts - including architecture. So I am kinda glad they built some of those magnificent cathedrals. That way the art is preserved for all to enjoy.

Those days are gone though, churches should not be able to exploit people anymore,
all kinds of entities preserve architecture and art now.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-06-2016, 08:06 PM
(24-06-2016 07:59 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 07:54 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yep, I get to say it's a fugly building if I want. Cool

Yet that is not the point.

It's a fugly building, but you are dismissing the very real fact that he made a statement of how religion basically thrives on wasting money on expensive and impressive architecture.

You are missing the point, any funds spent on an imaginary god worship is a waste of money.

AND the building is still fuck all ugly. It a fucking barn for christ sake. The only one uglier than this is the one in Chouteau which is dark gray trimmed in blood red. Facepalm It looks like a satanic temple. Which would be funny if it was but it isn't.

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
24-06-2016, 08:07 PM
(24-06-2016 08:06 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  You are missing the point, any funds spent on an imaginary god worship is a waste of money.

AND the building is still fuck all ugly. It a fucking barn for christ sake. The only one uglier than this is the one in Chouteau which is dark gray trimmed in blood red. Facepalm It looks like a satanic temple. Which would be funny if it was but it isn't.

If that is the way you wish to perceive it, young blood.