The "New" Church, signs they are worried.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: The "New" Church, signs they are worried.
(24-06-2016 09:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I giggle at the thought of worshippers cooking inside this ugly ass thing. Tongue

[Image: slide47.jpg]

That is one ugly box of sheeperz.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
24-06-2016, 09:34 PM
(24-06-2016 09:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 09:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I giggle at the thought of worshippers cooking inside this ugly ass thing. Tongue

[Image: slide47.jpg]

That is one ugly box of sheeperz.

That's double ugly! Hobo Laugh out load
Some of the old bad ass Gothic cathedrals, tho? I'd buy some of them and make em my home, if I had the money! Tongue

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
24-06-2016, 09:40 PM
(24-06-2016 09:34 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 09:29 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  That is one ugly box of sheeperz.

That's double ugly! Hobo Laugh out load
Some of the old bad ass Gothic cathedrals, tho? I'd buy some of them and make em my home, if I had the money! Tongue

There's an old stone chuch here in town that's for lease regularly. If it wasn't on the main drag I would have liked to buy it. It's been a Curves studio, a drug rehab, a drunk driving re-ed school and a children's clothing consignment shop.

I'll get a pic of it tomorrow.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
24-06-2016, 10:15 PM
(24-06-2016 07:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I have heard atheists complain about churches being fancy and extravagant. Now one making fun of a church that happens to be austere. Facepalm

The only thing atheists have in common is a lack of belief in god. All other opinions and beliefs are variable.

So unless you've heard the OP complaining about extravagant churches, the implications may not be accurate.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-06-2016, 10:20 PM
(24-06-2016 10:15 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  The only thing atheists have in common is a lack of belief in god. All other opinions and beliefs are variable.

I seen some pretty heated debates by atheists on what exactly atheism is. Even that "lack of belief in God" isn't universal. Some atheists believe God does not exist for instance.
24-06-2016, 10:28 PM
(24-06-2016 09:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  There's an old stone chuch here in town that's for lease regularly. If it wasn't on the main drag I would have liked to buy it. It's been a Curves studio, a drug rehab, a drunk driving re-ed school and a children's clothing consignment shop.

This reminded me of a church that was turned into a gay night club in downtown Coconut Grove, Florida. The irony was delicious. It has since been “converted” again into something else. Laugh out load

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
25-06-2016, 12:02 AM
[Image: freeloaders.jpg?itok=vY0U9QNl]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-06-2016, 03:13 AM
(24-06-2016 07:59 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 07:54 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Yep, I get to say it's a fugly building if I want. Cool

Yet that is not the point.

It's a fugly building, but you are dismissing the very real fact that he made a statement of how religion basically thrives on wasting money on expensive and impressive architecture.

I'm glad they're reduced to such an impoverished state. Perhaps one day we will see Catholic churches which don't have thrones costing $750,000.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
25-06-2016, 03:31 AM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2016 11:07 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Also -- I used to live across the street from an old Catholic Church in Paso Robles, CA, as a teen. Before we moved there, the Church had sold the property off, and it was a meat-market club called "Joshua's". My adolescent mind was mesmerized by all the miniskirts going in and out of the joint.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
25-06-2016, 03:54 AM
(24-06-2016 07:49 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 07:36 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  This is the "new" church, in a metal building. So classic architecture is dead, I guess. Laugh out load

I have heard atheists complain about churches being fancy and extravagant. Now one making fun of a church that happens to be austere. Facepalm

A church can still be architecturally and aesthetically pleasant, yet not be fancy and extravagant with tons of gold in it. Personally I like churches with old architectures.

The fact that I disagree with what is been taught inside doesn't mean I cannot appreciate the historical value of a building. Old churches are like monuments, so they can be visited by anyone regardless of their own faith or lack thereof.

Anyway, I guess you could describe that church as austere, but it's certainly not the first adjective that comes to mind.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post