The "New" Church, signs they are worried.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 08:48 PM
RE: The "New" Church, signs they are worried.
This is the crazy church I went to - for a bit. It was built in 1960 and it was super modern then. It has a huge glass cupola you can't see, and some of the walls are glass. Getting the cupola lifted to the top was a huge undertaking. It is and always has been ugly as fuck.

[Image: 1280px-St_Capistran_Muenchen_zpsirmdvbra.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-06-2016, 08:53 PM
(26-06-2016 08:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  This is the crazy church I went to - for a bit. It was built in 1960 and it was super modern then. It has a huge glass cupola you can't see, and some of the walls are glass. Getting the cupola lifted to the top was a huge undertaking. It is and always has been ugly as fuck.

Gasp uhhhh... I.... wow. That is a weird looking building.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
26-06-2016, 08:55 PM
(26-06-2016 08:48 PM)Dom Wrote:  This is the crazy church I went to - for a bit. It was built in 1960 and it was super modern then. It has a huge glass cupola you can't see, and some of the walls are glass. Getting the cupola lifted to the top was a huge undertaking. It is and always has been ugly as fuck.

Looks like that thing got separated from the mothership and got lost.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
26-06-2016, 08:57 PM
(26-06-2016 08:53 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  

Gasp uhhhh... I.... wow. That is a weird looking building.

Yeah, especially for catholics. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-06-2016, 08:57 PM

Someone probably got paid a lot of money to 'design' that ugly thing. Looks like a short grain silo or some sort of shelter for a nuclear explosion. It's truly ugly.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
26-06-2016, 09:04 PM
(26-06-2016 08:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Someone probably got paid a lot of money to 'design' that ugly thing. Looks like a short grain silo or some sort of shelter for a nuclear explosion. It's truly ugly.

Like a giant cable spool.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
26-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Inside, the crosses and figures are all modern metal work. At least they were back then.

That incense made me sick and I fainted. Woke up in the sacristy or whatever it's called, where the priest keeps the wine. The priest gave me a shot of Vodka and sent me on my merry way. I was 8 years old.

26-06-2016, 09:21 PM
(26-06-2016 09:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Inside, the crosses and figures are all modern metal work. At least they were back then.

That incense made me sick and I fainted. Woke up in the sacristy or whatever it's called, where the priest keeps the wine. The priest gave me a shot of Vodka and sent me on my merry way. I was 8 years old.

I grew up in the 'big' town in the area. All the surrounding towns had Catholic churches of similar architecture to the Basilica...though smaller and less grand they all had some beautiful features.

The area was mostly German Catholics and a few Irish Catholics, that modern look isn't going to fly there. Keep in mind that those churches were/are the only churches in each of those small towns.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
26-06-2016, 09:29 PM
(26-06-2016 09:09 PM)Dom Wrote:  Inside, the crosses and figures are all modern metal work. At least they were back then.

Dafuq? Why would vodka be in the building?!? Rhetorical question.
26-06-2016, 09:30 PM
(26-06-2016 06:20 PM)Nurse Wrote:  The church I attend is in a one story metal office building - looks sorta like a strip mall.

Yep. I'm attending church every Sunday. Drinking Beverage

Yabut, it's not a "real" church. Evil_monster

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post