The Newsroom

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2014, 01:13 PM
The Newsroom
I apologize if it has been talked about here before, but is this show as good as the clips I have seen on youtube? The show appears to have some great in-your-face dialouge on provocative and modern topics.

I don't have HBO so I would consider getting first two seasons on blu Ray.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-01-2014, 05:58 PM
RE: The Newsroom
It is an amazing show, and I am eagerly awaiting season three.
16-01-2014, 06:28 PM
I've (not completely legally) watched the first season. I liked it. I would buy it.

And from me, that is massive praise comparative to my usual assessment of things which is either 'meh' or 'It's shit'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Re: The Newsroom
I liked SportsNight... That's the closest commentary I can make. I bet I would love The Newsroom but haven't been into watching shows the way I used to be

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-01-2014, 07:18 PM
Its a little fake on the bipartisan attempt, like watching fox news pretend to include left views.
Or is it just impossible to make the right not seem insane.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
17-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Watched the first episode last night. Excellent as far as series shows go. Very impressed. Settling in for second show now.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco