The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2018, 07:50 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(14-05-2018 07:20 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I'll be back when I can compose.

Hope all is well Zilla. Hug

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2018, 10:07 AM

Hug

Whatever it is

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-05-2018, 12:11 PM

You ok Zilla ? Hang tough brother and spill the beans when/if you feel able, hugs to you mate. Hug
13-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Today is the second anniversary of my dads death so I'm not feeling particularly chipper to say the least, I'd give a ton of gold or precious stones for one last chat and hug. Sad
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
13-06-2018, 07:45 AM
Hugs to you adey and GawdZ *hugs*
27-06-2018, 10:35 PM
There's a lady here in town who was diagnosed with breast cancer a year before I was. She had a lumpectomy and went through chemo and radiation and was cleared for many years.

She opened a shop that sells things for cancer patients...mostly breast cancer items. She sells wigs, mastectomy bras, lymphedema sleeves, scarves, etc. She holds a support group at her store every month. I attended for a while but since I went through a totally different treatment plan I left the group after a while. Now and then I stop in and talk to her one-on-one.

During one of our talks she said she wished she would have done what I did instead of working so hard to not lose her breasts. I don't have the details but she starts chemo again tomorrow...ten years after the first time for her.

Very sad news. Undecided

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-06-2018, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2018 11:18 AM by outtathereligioncloset.)
Day 17 since losing the best little dog in the world. I managed to make it through yesterday as the first day without tears. More than making up for that today. I can't seem to stop.

What started it today? Looking out the window at the fenced dog yard and realizing that the well-worn path where grass never grew is almost entirely grown over now. The path where he used to run back and forth from the dog door to/from the gate. The path he used to run and wait for my husband with absolute joy whenever he would hear his truck approaching. Didn't Zoey use that same path just as many times? How can this be? I guess she was always following behind Jitterbug.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
01-07-2018, 07:17 PM
I went through undergrad and my Masters with a non-traditional student who had some heart issues. Really funny guy, great depth of knowledge across a lot of subjects, spoke several languages, and we roomed together more than once at conference. His wife just tagged him in a Facebook post about having lost the love of her life last night.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2018, 07:22 PM
I am sorry, Shai Sad

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
01-07-2018, 07:28 PM
(01-07-2018 07:22 PM)Vera Wrote:  I am sorry, Shai Sad

Thanks, was in a super great mood with new laptop and then it's like, "...I can't believe he's gone." I mean, he had bad heart issues anyhow, but...still.

Need to think of a witty signature.