The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2018, 07:32 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(01-07-2018 07:17 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I went through undergrad and my Masters with a non-traditional student who had some heart issues. Really funny guy, great depth of knowledge across a lot of subjects, spoke several languages, and we roomed together more than once at conference. His wife just tagged him in a Facebook post about having lost the love of her life last night.

I am sorry for the loss Shai.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
(01-07-2018 07:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-07-2018 07:17 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I went through undergrad and my Masters with a non-traditional student who had some heart issues. Really funny guy, great depth of knowledge across a lot of subjects, spoke several languages, and we roomed together more than once at conference. His wife just tagged him in a Facebook post about having lost the love of her life last night.

I am sorry for the loss Shai.
Thanks. It probably won't really set in until later, but just...yeah. It's been a while since anyone close to me, even tangentially like this, died. Not since my grandmother passed away six years ago.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2018, 07:39 PM
Congrats on the laptop... kinda reminds me of this caboverdean song I quite like, called Scraps or Patchwork, loosely translated, where he sings of the sad face of the dead in the paper, next to the happy smile of the person who won the lottery Undecided

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-07-2018, 04:26 AM
Sorry Shai, Sad Be prepared to feel extremely weird for a considerable time, I lost my best friend to suicide in 2015 and my dad in 2016, I struggle more with the death of my friend than my dad.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post