The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Simply hearing people laugh is making me cry today. It reminds me that I was once happy and makes me fear that I'll never be happy again.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-09-2015, 09:15 AM
(29-09-2015 09:09 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Simply hearing people laugh is making me cry today. It reminds me that I was once happy and makes me fear that I'll never be happy again.

Um... Dude, why're you down? Are you able to identify a reason - I ask because depro people sometimes can't, or may misidentify it anyway...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-09-2015, 09:18 AM
(29-09-2015 09:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:09 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Simply hearing people laugh is making me cry today. It reminds me that I was once happy and makes me fear that I'll never be happy again.

Um... Dude, why're you down? Are you able to identify a reason - I ask because depro people sometimes can't, or may misidentify it anyway...

Depression, relationship drama, losing my dad, asshole boss... take your pick.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
29-09-2015, 09:23 AM

Hug It just takes some time. It took me a long time to feel happy again after my dad passed away. I still miss him so much, but now I can look back on fond memories of him with a smile, whereas before I couldn't even do that without bursting into tears. I also know my dad would want me to live my life and be happy. Of course, I miss him every day--but I know he would not want me spending my days in tears.

You have every right to feel the way you do right now--everything is so raw. You will never forget him--but it will get easier to deal with as time goes on.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-09-2015, 09:27 AM
(29-09-2015 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

Hug It just takes some time. It took me a long time to feel happy again after my dad passed away. I still miss him so much, but now I can look back on fond memories of him with a smile, whereas before I couldn't even do that without bursting into tears. I also know my dad would want me to live my life and be happy. Of course, I miss him every day--but I know he would not want me spending my days in tears.

You have every right to feel the way you do right now--everything is so raw. You will never forget him--but it will get easier to deal with as time goes on.

Right now, I'd settle for being a functional human being again.

[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-09-2015, 09:28 AM
(29-09-2015 09:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug It just takes some time. It took me a long time to feel happy again after my dad passed away. I still miss him so much, but now I can look back on fond memories of him with a smile, whereas before I couldn't even do that without bursting into tears. I also know my dad would want me to live my life and be happy. Of course, I miss him every day--but I know he would not want me spending my days in tears.

Right now, I'd settle for being a functional human being again.

I know I felt the same way. PM me if you need to talk Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Ah. Well, it can take a lot of time to work through that stuff. I personally have found no remedy *other* than time, which fixes me. Sorry you're down amigo Hug It will get better in time, partly some of that is under your control, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Also, it's OK to feel down sometimes, sadness is a valid emotion.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-09-2015, 10:27 AM
(29-09-2015 09:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ah. Well, it can take a lot of time to work through that stuff. I personally have found no remedy *other* than time, which fixes me. Sorry you're down amigo Hug It will get better in time, partly some of that is under your control, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Also, it's OK to feel down sometimes, sadness is a valid emotion.

I think I'll go curl up in a ball and wish I didn't exist until that happens.

Meds aren't helping. Talking just makes me hurt more.

29-09-2015, 10:29 AM
(29-09-2015 10:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:30 AM)morondog Wrote:  Ah. Well, it can take a lot of time to work through that stuff. I personally have found no remedy *other* than time, which fixes me. Sorry you're down amigo Hug It will get better in time, partly some of that is under your control, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Also, it's OK to feel down sometimes, sadness is a valid emotion.

more hugs then Hug

29-09-2015, 10:47 AM
(29-09-2015 10:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

I was just going to +1 your rep for being so kind to the new member yesterday, when I got there I realized I already have given you a +1.

just know, that you do bring happiness to others just by being you.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post