The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(29-09-2015 10:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 10:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I think I'll go curl up in a ball and wish I didn't exist until that happens.

Meds aren't helping. Talking just makes me hurt more.

I was just going to +1 your rep for being so kind to the new member yesterday, when I got there I realized I already have given you a +1.

just know, that you do bring happiness to others just by being you.

Thanks. I know I'm not worthless and life is not hopeless, but I feel like it. I just want to be able to get through a day without breaking down and being useless for the rest of the day.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
29-09-2015, 11:34 AM
(29-09-2015 09:27 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Hug It just takes some time. It took me a long time to feel happy again after my dad passed away. I still miss him so much, but now I can look back on fond memories of him with a smile, whereas before I couldn't even do that without bursting into tears. I also know my dad would want me to live my life and be happy. Of course, I miss him every day--but I know he would not want me spending my days in tears.

You have every right to feel the way you do right now--everything is so raw. You will never forget him--but it will get easier to deal with as time goes on.

Right now, I'd settle for being a functional human being again.

This weekend I felt the ghost of emotions. Happiness remembered, but out of reach. It was really hard. I think I was sadder knowing the emotions are still there, but currently inaccessible. Even though I could feel the happiness there lurking, was not fun No very bittersweet and sad.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-09-2015, 11:36 AM
(29-09-2015 10:50 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 10:47 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I was just going to +1 your rep for being so kind to the new member yesterday, when I got there I realized I already have given you a +1.

just know, that you do bring happiness to others just by being you.

Thanks. I know I'm not worthless and life is not hopeless, but I feel like it. I just want to be able to get through a day without breaking down and being useless for the rest of the day.
*HUG, HUG, HUG, aaaaand more HUGS*
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
29-09-2015, 04:49 PM
(29-09-2015 09:09 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Simply hearing people laugh is making me cry today. It reminds me that I was once happy and makes me fear that I'll never be happy again.

[Image: AM004new.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-09-2015, 04:55 PM
I wish I was better at comforting people. I can be supportive and say the things I want to say on here - in person it's so much more difficult.

The young woman I share an office with was raised by her great grandmother when her mother walked out on her and her sister when she was very young. At about noon today, she got word that her great grandmother had died. She is a tough girl who doesn't let her emotions show but I heard a sob that was so grief filled.

I got up and walked over to her once I got past my deer in the headlights paralysis. I rubbed her shoulders as she quietly cried and got her some tissues. She said she felt terrible that she didn't go to see her this past weekend because she didn't want to remember her ggm in the kind of shape she was in. I assured her that was understandable. She wanted to call her sister, so I left the room and closed the door to give her privacy.

UGH! I didn't know what else to say or do.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-09-2015, 05:02 PM
(29-09-2015 04:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I wish I was better at comforting people. I can be supportive and say the things I want to say on here - in person it's so much more difficult.

The young woman I share an office with was raised by her great grandmother when her mother walked out on her and her sister when she was very young. At about noon today, she got word that her great grandmother had died. She is a tough girl who doesn't let her emotions show but I heard a sob that was so grief filled.

I got up and walked over to her once I got past my deer in the headlights paralysis. I rubbed her shoulders as she quietly cried and got her some tissues. She said she felt terrible that she didn't go to see her this past weekend because she didn't want to remember her ggm in the kind of shape she was in. I assured her that was understandable. She wanted to call her sister, so I left the room and closed the door to give her privacy.

UGH! I didn't know what else to say or do.

I think you did all that could have been done. Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-09-2015, 05:06 PM
(29-09-2015 04:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-09-2015 09:09 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Simply hearing people laugh is making me cry today. It reminds me that I was once happy and makes me fear that I'll never be happy again.

[Image: AM004new.jpg]

Life seems pointless right now.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
29-09-2015, 05:39 PM
(29-09-2015 05:06 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Life seems pointless right now.

Bro, when ma souer died I thought I'd never be happy again. Two weeks after the fact I stopped bawling my eyes out and a month after, I started somewhat shakily living my life again. Rest of family were also fucked, but... as time went on we did slowly patch ourselves back together.

There's seasons in your life, you're going through a shit patch. Things will def improve. *Also* amigo, don't... believe that life is bad - if you do that, it becomes a *truth* for you.

Death is one thing that's super hard to deal with, but ja, from my sister I learned
  • Tell people you love them now - if you delay, you may never see them again.
  • Life life to the full - if you delay, you may never get the opportunity again.
  • Live, love and laugh. For tomorrow we die. We're all fucked here on spaceship Earth, so we might as well have some fun before the endless night descends.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
29-09-2015, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 30-09-2015 07:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-09-2015 05:06 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Life seems pointless right now.

Life is intrinsically pointless. Until you make your own point of it. Point I made for myself was "Rides gonna end soon enough without any help from me. Let it ride." After dealing with some sort of depression for 40 years (manic depression in my younger years, clinical depression in my later years) it is cyclical. The period and frequency of the cycles differ for each of us, but if you're properly medicated and/or behavioral therapy it will pass. My job is to wait it out. Black Dog eventually gets tired of barking. And my meds keep it sedated for a bit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-10-2015, 02:06 PM
My son is 5 yrs old and currently isnt living with me because of personal mental issues with myself, but I still have my rights just not managing conservatory. The issue is that the schools in this area have all recently started this rule that if their conselor or who ever it is says that your child needs psychiatric meds , you have to comply or they threaten to call child protective services... Well apparently he has ADHD and they prescribed him with liquid Quillivant XR; which is the same as Ritalin; methylphenidate. Pretty much the same thing just different dosage and name. In my opinion, he's just frustrated because of conditions at home. 4 other kids around his age in the home, everything I but him gets broken by other kids, he never has time with his parental unit because of work, to tired, always with a baby sitter which varies I'm who's available, she hardly contact's me and keeps visits short and he always wants to stay but she won't allow it. Its been almost 2 and half months since our last visit and she deleted me from Facebook & hasn't bothered to contact me. I informed her I had school clothes for him before school even started and she hasn't even bothered to come get them. This last visit , he called her Moma Mimi like usual when we are all I'm the same room together to let is know which momma he's refering to and she got I'm to him about it and told him not to call her that, it's momma. She only stayed an hour and kept making excuses and blowing me off then just completely broke contact til I contacted her today. That's when she tells me about the meds. Apparently he would listen all the time, caught with the teachers , said hateful things and cused at them. The year he started, they put him and his favorite cousin in the class together and they acted up occasionally like normal kids to but were fine for the most part. This year they split them up.

In your honest opinion, do you think it's lack of companionship, loneliness & mixed with the living situation thats causing him to act out?
And do you think it's right or even legal for parents to be threatened into putting their kids on life altering meds by the schools? Should parents have a say or at least a chance to try something different before resulting to meds? I'd understand if was vaccines or antibiotics for serious illness but chemical imbalance alterers? Which the meds they gave him is basicly synthetic meth and has been classified as an addictive and abused drug and also can result I'm appetite loss, weight loss, aggitation and future drug addicts as he gets that age. This could cause him to have a chemical dependency when he's older. It basicly has the same effect as meth and the same side effects. Just in a pill or liquid. I live in Texas, there's gotta be something I can do to change the schools "new" policy.

Yes I'm aware I can do something about most of it, I'm working on that as we speak.

Just need legal advice and pyschological advice

-lost amongst the stars;