The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
Thanks everyone for the hugs and condolences. It hasn't hit me yet. He was sitting out in his truck like he does just about every morning, smoking a cigarette, etc. ('cause he doesn't smoke in the house) and I don't know the exact details of the next part, but my mom was going to run up to the store for milk and then she was texting my dad and he wasn't answering. He is usually gabbing with someone on the phone when he's in his truck. Smile

Anyway, she finally went out to go check on him because he just wasn't answering his phone and he was slumped over in the truck. Sad We think he must have had a heart attack. I don't know. He is not the type to complain much, so if something health-related was going on with him (other than the stuff he already had going on - high blood pressure, etc.) then we don't know. He was only 58.

I am still in shock. It still does not feel real to me. I thought if I touched him, it would feel real, but it doesn't. I got to hold his hand twice. I watched them work on him and try to recussitate him. They worked on him for a long time and then they stopped. He was just too far gone.

I'm sorry. I know I am rambling and all over the place. Thank you again, everyone.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
03-10-2015, 07:31 PM
(03-10-2015 02:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  A good man died today. He never said much - was a man of few words. But I loved him and I know he loved me. I'll miss you, daddy.

So sorry for your loss. Many hugs to you and your family. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-10-2015, 08:10 PM
(03-10-2015 06:03 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Thanks everyone for the hugs and condolences. It hasn't hit me yet. He was sitting out in his truck like he does just about every morning, smoking a cigarette, etc. ('cause he doesn't smoke in the house) and I don't know the exact details of the next part, but my mom was going to run up to the store for milk and then she was texting my dad and he wasn't answering. He is usually gabbing with someone on the phone when he's in his truck. Smile

Anyway, she finally went out to go check on him because he just wasn't answering his phone and he was slumped over in the truck. Sad We think he must have had a heart attack. I don't know. He is not the type to complain much, so if something health-related was going on with him (other than the stuff he already had going on - high blood pressure, etc.) then we don't know. He was only 58.

I am still in shock. It still does not feel real to me. I thought if I touched him, it would feel real, but it doesn't. I got to hold his hand twice. I watched them work on him and try to recussitate him. They worked on him for a long time and then they stopped. He was just too far gone.

I'm sorry. I know I am rambling and all over the place. Thank you again, everyone.

Oh EA, I'm so very sorry. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-10-2015, 08:23 PM
(03-10-2015 06:03 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Thanks everyone for the hugs and condolences. It hasn't hit me yet. He was sitting out in his truck like he does just about every morning, smoking a cigarette, etc. ('cause he doesn't smoke in the house) and I don't know the exact details of the next part, but my mom was going to run up to the store for milk and then she was texting my dad and he wasn't answering. He is usually gabbing with someone on the phone when he's in his truck. Smile

So sorry for your loss. Fifty-eight is too young to die, too soon to lose your father.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-10-2015, 09:06 PM
Thank you, Chas. Hug Thanks, Moms. Hug

04-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Sorry EA Undecided

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-10-2015, 03:22 AM
(03-10-2015 02:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  A good man died today. He never said much - was a man of few words. But I loved him and I know he loved me. I'll miss you, daddy.

That this has happened on top of everything else is terrible.
I wish there was more I could do.
Although distant by miles, I am with you in this time of loss.
I have no words to adequately express my feelings.

Hug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-10-2015, 08:18 AM
So sorry, EA. Fathers are pretty special. Hug

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
04-10-2015, 02:08 PM
It is hitting me worse today. I got up and was doing some laundry and thought, "I need to make coffee, 'cause he's not here to do it." Dad would always make coffee in the morning for all of us. Sad

04-10-2015, 02:09 PM
I mentioned elsewhere on the forum that I am, to borrow a phrase from Anjele, a "stress starver" - but Rev is making sure that I eat. He made me promise to eat real food now and then. Heart

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post