The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(17-07-2015 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How do you help a six year old understand?

I don't think you try. They get it instinctively. I just cry with them and hug them. Explanations are unnecessary and potentially counterproductive.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
17-07-2015, 06:21 PM
I'm so sorry Anj. It is so hard to lose a pet. They truly are a part of the family.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
17-07-2015, 06:29 PM
(17-07-2015 05:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(17-07-2015 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How do you help a six year old understand?

I don't think you try. They get it instinctively. I just cry with them and hug them. Explanations are unnecessary and potentially counterproductive.

I am not good at crying but I did give lots of hugs. Sad

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-07-2015, 06:31 PM
(17-07-2015 06:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am not good at crying but I did give lots of hugs. Sad

[Image: smiley-hug013.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
17-07-2015, 11:10 PM
Oh, no.

Sending the best electronic hug I can manage.

I can't send thoughts and prayers, so I'll just send thoughts twice... one for you and one for the little one.

Sad

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
17-07-2015, 11:17 PM
Thanks all.

Even seeing the loss of animals from an early age I am having a hard time erasing the images of what happened tonight from my mind.

I suppose, luckily, I am good in an emergency. I can remain calm and rational...it's afterward that I really get hit by what happened. But, Samantha and Madison needed someone to be with them, I am glad they felt they could turn to me.

I have to say that our vet clinic is staffed with the most wonderful, understanding, caring people. Makes me appreciate that much more dad's profession.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Nine years today. It's raining - matches my mood. It rained then, too.

Actually, it stormed so hard it knocked the power out at my hairdresser's place, so we moved getting my hair done to my aunt's house. I was late getting to the church because of it. And then the A/C wasn't on in the bride's room, so I nearly fainted from overheating. Apparently the wedding coordinator didn't ensure the A/C was on in the gym, either, so all of my beautiful roses died - the roses actually used in the wedding ended up coming from Walmart and I was only able to have one smaller flower arrangement at the front of the church.

The icing was pink like I requested - and the cake was supposed to be strawberry. I hate white cake. It was fucking white cake that I could tell had been frozen. I should have made the damn cake myself with my grandmother - I almost did - first time I helped make and decorate a wedding cake I was only 12. And I didn't get to have any of the groom's cake - it was a cheesecake. I did make the punch - of course it was fantastic.

After the first dance, and dances with bride/dad, and groom/mom, we didn't get to dance because some lady grabbed me by my veil and I got pulled into a sea of meet and greet hell. And we didn't get to eat - we had barbecue chicken, beef tenderloin, crawfish, chicken gumbo, sweet potato fries, fruit, etc - everyone says it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding - I wouldn't fucking know.

When we finally got to our hotel late that night, the man that brought our bags up wanted to say a five minute prayer for us newlyweds while gripping my hand so hard my new wedding band caused my hand to bleed, and we just wanted him to get the fuck out of our room.

Despite all the things that didn't go quite right that day, I was so happy. We both were. I meant every word of my vows. With all that I have, all that I am...Good times and bad... There was a hell of a lot more bad than good. I needed him to fight for us, not give up.

I'm so mad at him. Why can't this be at least a little more difficult for him? I don't usually wish for others to suffer...but goddamn. Was I that meaningless?

I'm going out with a friend tonight. She's going to take my cellphone so I don't make any drunk phone calls/texts/Facebook posts that say something like "Happy Anniversary, dearest husband! Tell your girlfriend I said hello, or to eat shit and die - whatever works. Nine years - wish I could say they were all great. They weren't."

And now, now I'm terrified that it's always going to be like this. Worried that if I ever find someone again that does actually love me, that eventually he'll give up, too. And then I'll find myself right back here, wondering why I wasn't worth fighting for.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
22-07-2015, 10:01 AM
(22-07-2015 09:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  ... lots of amazing, painful stuff...

Hug
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Double hugs Hug

Men can definitely suck sometimes. Angry

You'll meet someone new. Someone who treats you the way you should be treated and who appreciates who you are as a person and all you have to offer.
22-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Sadcryface
So apparently my friend has a networking event tonight. So we won't be going out as planned.Dodgy Instead, Mom's going to take me to the movies. Yaaaay. And then we'll get to talk once again about how I'd have friends if I found a "church home." And how God has a plan. And how I need to find a good Christian man who loves The Lord most and me second. If I'm not careful I'll out myself tonight. I'm of half a mind to do so just to get her off my case (she's already upset that's son doesn't want to pray at the dinner table or go to church - small victory for me). And then I will have successfully alienated most everyone.

I wouldn't go to mom's tonight, but it sure as hell beats the alternative of sitting home alone.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman