24-11-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
I'm so sorry Worom. Hug I can tell she was a very special, well-loved dog Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2015, 10:48 PM
Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-11-2015, 12:15 AM
(24-11-2015 10:33 PM)Worom Wrote:  We had to put my/mom's German Shepard to sleep today, her condition began to deteriorate rapidly. We were able to have the vet come out to the house and put her to sleep in the comfort of her home. She went very peacefully.

In Loving Memory Pepper 2008 - 2015
[Image: 2le5wk9.jpg]

*Hug*
25-11-2015, 03:56 AM
(25-11-2015 12:15 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  
(24-11-2015 10:33 PM)Worom Wrote:  We had to put my/mom's German Shepard to sleep today, her condition began to deteriorate rapidly. We were able to have the vet come out to the house and put her to sleep in the comfort of her home. She went very peacefully.

In Loving Memory Pepper 2008 - 2015
[Image: 2le5wk9.jpg]

*Hug*
Hug
25-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Hug I had a Pepper, too. Brings back memories.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
28-11-2015, 09:20 AM
This Thanksgiving was very hard. It felt like we were all playing a game of "Let's distract ourselves from the fact that dad's gone" - we went out to eat with my dad's mother and his brother this last weekend, which is something we'd have never done before, and then for the actual holiday, my mom and brother drove out to Missouri to do a bit of sight-seeing that my brother's been wanting to do for ages. Rev and I just stayed here at the apartment and had a quiet, slightly non-traditional Thanksgiving meal. The kids were at their dad's house.

It's stupid, though. I always hated Thanksgiving. I've had (and continue to deal with, though I'm working through them with Rev's help) food issues and Thanksgiving is all about food, so I would dread it every year. Combine those food issues with social anxiety and it just made it all that worse. My mom and brother and I would bitch about having to go and make nice with people. My mom does not like to cook and so hated all the prep for Thanksgiving and my brother had his own food issues and the three of us are not the most sociable. My dad would get onto us and tell us to stop our sniveling Smile and just enjoy the day.

He wasn't there to tell us to stop being Scrooges this year and he never will be again. I cried off and on all day and felt so stupid about it because as I said I've never cared for Thanksgiving at all. I can only imagine how bad Christmas is going to be. I am ready for the holidays to be done and over with.

I felt a bit better yesterday and am hoping that today is even better. Keeping busy seems to be the best remedy. What am I thankful for this year? That Thanksgiving is over. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
28-11-2015, 09:22 AM
(28-11-2015 09:20 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  This Thanksgiving was very hard. It felt like we were all playing a game of "Let's distract ourselves from the fact that dad's gone" - we went out to eat with my dad's mother and his brother this last weekend, which is something we'd have never done before, and then for the actual holiday, my mom and brother drove out to Missouri to do a bit of sight-seeing that my brother's been wanting to do for ages. Rev and I just stayed here at the apartment and had a quiet, slightly non-traditional Thanksgiving meal. The kids were at their dad's house.

It's stupid, though. I always hated Thanksgiving. I've had (and continue to deal with, though I'm working through them with Rev's help) food issues and Thanksgiving is all about food, so I would dread it every year. Combine those food issues with social anxiety and it just made it all that worse. My mom and brother and I would bitch about having to go and make nice with people. My mom does not like to cook and so hated all the prep for Thanksgiving and my brother had his own food issues and the three of us are not the most sociable. My dad would get onto us and tell us to stop our sniveling Smile and just enjoy the day.

He wasn't there to tell us to stop being Scrooges this year and he never will be again. I cried off and on all day and felt so stupid about it because as I said I've never cared for Thanksgiving at all. I can only imagine how bad Christmas is going to be. I am ready for the holidays to be done and over with.

I felt a bit better yesterday and am hoping that today is even better. Keeping busy seems to be the best remedy. What am I thankful for this year? That Thanksgiving is over. Undecided

Hug
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-11-2015, 09:37 AM
(28-11-2015 09:20 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  This Thanksgiving was very hard. It felt like we were all playing a game of "Let's distract ourselves from the fact that dad's gone" - we went out to eat with my dad's mother and his brother this last weekend, which is something we'd have never done before, and then for the actual holiday, my mom and brother drove out to Missouri to do a bit of sight-seeing that my brother's been wanting to do for ages. Rev and I just stayed here at the apartment and had a quiet, slightly non-traditional Thanksgiving meal. The kids were at their dad's house.

In my experience, the first everything after we lose someone is hard. It will get better with time.

Now that Revs is there it's time for the two of you to create your own traditions for holidays.

It's gonna get better. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-11-2015, 09:45 AM
(28-11-2015 09:37 AM)Anjele Wrote:  

In my experience, the first everything after we lose someone is hard. It will get better with time.

Now that Revs is there it's time for the two of you to create your own traditions for holidays.

It's gonna get better. Thumbsup

That's what Rev was saying - that the holidays would be hard this year, as would his birthday, etc. because it's the first time. Thank you. Hug And yeah, gotta make our own traditions. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
28-11-2015, 10:31 AM
Yes, the FIRST ...
Don't be afraid to acknowledge those things. Grief is a very necessary part of living beyond loss.

Time can help to smooth things out and put things into perspective.

If it helps, take control of "the holidays"... there really is nothing wrong with thinking of a holiday as just another day. Because uhm ... it is. Dodgy

Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post