The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2016, 07:47 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
(05-02-2016 07:24 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I just got back from town and there's a card from the mail people asking me to pick up a registered package. This can mean only one thing, the divorce papers are here.Sad its hard to put into words how I feel, although I was expecting them it is still a shock and then there is the worry about how I'm gonna fund this divorce, I cannot afford a lawyer and I'm not sure I can even afford court costs, thankfully there are no assets to haggle over though. I feel really anxious and quite depressed and also rather sad.
*Hugs*

It's hard to stare down the barrel of finality like that. I hope it gets better fairly quick.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
05-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Hugs for you all, for a lost dog and an unrequited love and a hard letter at the post office.
Hug
Hug
Hug
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
05-02-2016, 08:49 AM
(05-02-2016 04:24 AM)Nurse Wrote:  But you know what? If a man wants to be with a woman, he will make his intentions clear. [...] I shouldn't have to play games, not text or call, to get you calling me back. Fuck. That.

Unrequited love sucks.
Preach it, sister. Thumbsup

(05-02-2016 05:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  When you minimize your bets, you minimize your losses; but you'll never win it big either. You bet big and you lost, but at least you had the guts to put all your chips on the table like that; not everyone has that kind of courage. I certainly don't.
I like that analogy. I always go all-in with relationships, think I won the jackpot and then actually end up going bankrupt. Maybe I should start minimizing my bets as well. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
05-02-2016, 09:59 AM
(05-02-2016 05:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Thanks, all. Hug

Needed to vent. Hah. A cardiac nurse with chest pain... Sadcryface

According to a group of researchers headed by Ethan Kross at the University of Michigan, evidence shows that emotional pain activates the same part of your brain as physical pain. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the...uited-love

[Image: gigan_hugs_megalon_by_drbuffalo-d6rucwe.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 4 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
05-02-2016, 10:08 AM
(05-02-2016 07:24 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I just got back from town and there's a card from the mail people asking me to pick up a registered package. This can mean only one thing, the divorce papers are here.Sad its hard to put into words how I feel, although I was expecting them it is still a shock and then there is the worry about how I'm gonna fund this divorce, I cannot afford a lawyer and I'm not sure I can even afford court costs, thankfully there are no assets to haggle over though. I feel really anxious and quite depressed and also rather sad.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-02-2016, 10:31 AM
(05-02-2016 01:32 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Well. He's never going to love me. So. Moving back home with my tail between my legs by summertime it is.

I'm the rule, not the exception. (I'm referring to He's Just Not That Into You.) Fuck. It really hurts. "I know you want me. But I want me. I'm an incomplete person, and I don't have anything to give."

I'm such a masochist for putting myself through this. I knew he didn't feel the same, but I just couldn't stay away. I still don't want to stay away - I really enjoy our time together.

My heart hurts.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-02-2016, 11:20 AM
(05-02-2016 05:25 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 05:11 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

When you minimize your bets, you minimize your losses; but you'll never win it big either. You bet big and you lost, but at least you had the guts to put all your chips on the table like that; not everyone has that kind of courage.

This Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
05-02-2016, 11:25 AM
I sure feel like getting drunk tonight Sad
05-02-2016, 11:36 AM
(05-02-2016 11:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I sure feel like getting drunk tonight Sad

I think you posted before you are in recovery? Maybe I have you confused with someone else? If I do I'm sorry and disregard the rest of my post. Tongue If I don't have you confused with someone else--go do something else to take your mind off things. Getting drunk will only make you feel worse the next day and put you back on an unhealthy path. You can use your divorce as an opportunity to strengthen yourself, to better yourself. There are other women out there who will love you, who will be a better fit for you--even if it doesn't feel like that now. But first, you need to get your life back and drinking isn't the way to do it. It's okay to be sad, but don't let it railroad your life.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
05-02-2016, 11:47 AM
(05-02-2016 11:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 11:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I sure feel like getting drunk tonight Sad

I think you posted before you are in recovery? Maybe I have you confused with someone else? If I do I'm sorry and disregard the rest of my post. Tongue If I don't have you confused with someone else--go do something else to take your mind off things. Getting drunk will only make you feel worse the next day and put you back on an unhealthy path. You can use your divorce as an opportunity to strengthen yourself, to better yourself. There are other women out there who will love you, who will be a better fit for you--even if it doesn't feel like that now. But first, you need to get your life back and drinking isn't the way to do it. It's okay to be sad, but don't let it railroad your life.

I concur, don't act in haste. Seek out friends for support and for company. Go to a movie, maybe volunteer to help someone else, this often makes me feel better. We do care that you are grieving and also that you help not hurt yourself.

Be well.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post