The Official Crying Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2016, 10:40 AM
RE: The Official Crying Thread
If there is anyone who doubts that animals don't understand and grieve, you need to spend some time in my house.

Lady keeps looking for Chopper and Karma is now glued to me, which is unusual. She even lays in Chop's favorite spot on the couch now, which she never did before.

Blue checks to see if it's safe to get on the couch since Chopper did not like to share any part of it with a damned old cat.

Chewy - my African Grey - has been calling Chopper's name for days and is now alternately calling his name and whistling for him.

sigh...I want to rewind time a few days and fix things. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-02-2016, 10:56 AM
(07-02-2016 10:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If there is anyone who doubts that animals don't understand and grieve, you need to spend some time in my house.

Lady keeps looking for Chopper and Karma is now glued to me, which is unusual. She even lays in Chop's favorite spot on the couch now, which she never did before.

Blue checks to see if it's safe to get on the couch since Chopper did not like to share any part of it with a damned old cat.

Chewy - my African Grey - has been calling Chopper's name for days and is now alternately calling his name and whistling for him.

My platitudes are I know worthless but I wish so much that I could transport you inside my head so that you could see how much I understand you and how much my heart genuinely breaks for you, fuck anyone who says/thinks its only a dog /cat/parrot /whatever. Little dude is gone but with you he had a great owner and a good life which is far more than many dogs get. Please know that there are people who understand you without reservation do not think you are silly or over sentimental tonight Anjele I understand that you are cloaked in heartbreak and I feel sad too. Heart Hug
[+] 5 users Like adey67's post
07-02-2016, 11:01 AM
(07-02-2016 10:56 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(07-02-2016 10:40 AM)Anjele Wrote:  If there is anyone who doubts that animals don't understand and grieve, you need to spend some time in my house.

My platitudes are I know worthless but I wish so much that I could transport you inside my head so that you could see how much I understand you and how much my heart genuinely breaks for you, fuck anyone who says/thinks its only a dog /cat/parrot /whatever. Little dude is gone but with you he had a great owner and a good life which is far more than many dogs get. Please know that there are people who understand you without reservation do not think you are silly or over sentimental tonight Anjele I understand that you are cloaked in heartbreak and I feel sad too. Heart Hug

I cannot thank you enough. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-02-2016, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2016 11:14 AM by GirlyMan.)

Birds and dogs ain't stupid. They notice shit. When ManlyGirl takes one to the vet for a humane exit they form a line and howl dead dog walking.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-02-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm so sorry Angele. Our little guy left us on a Tuesday and despite all our tough talk about going without a dog for a while, better for traveling abroad, etc etc etc, I had scoured craigslist and found the current two rescues by Thursday night. The pain and loss is profound indeed.
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
07-02-2016, 11:10 PM
(07-02-2016 11:00 PM)skyking Wrote:  I'm so sorry Angele. Our little guy left us on a Tuesday and despite all our tough talk about going without a dog for a while, better for traveling abroad, etc etc etc, I had scoured craigslist and found the current two rescues by Thursday night. The pain and loss is profound indeed.
Hug

Thank you. I am letting all the pets settle down and adjust...and I need time to fully accept the fact that even if I find a pup that looks like Chopper...it would never be Chopper. Maybe in a little while. I have to admit searching for pups online already...I truly cannot afford another Cavalier right now...financially or emotionally. I found a litter with four Tri males but they are ready to go home in a couple weeks and I just can't manage that right now. Undecided

Luckily, I am not lacking for critter companions. But damn I miss him so much. Sadcryface

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-02-2016, 12:20 PM
For some reason I cannot stop thinking about my best friend who killed himself July 17th last year. I quite literally cannot get him out of my mind and its driving me nuts. Such a good person, could I have done more to help ? Why diddnt he ask me to help him ? Is it my fault, should I have known /been more proactive ? I've been like this for two days now its a major headfuck Sadcryface
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
13-02-2016, 01:26 PM
I start getting ready to put my house up for sale today. Clean the garage today, start sorting through stuff tomorrow. This was the first place I ever bought by myself, without help. I was so proud of myself for accomplishing this on my own. I've had it three years. It's a nice place, just 14yrs old with a new roof. The market here is fair so I should be able to come out a little bit ahead, not much though. I've got enough to last me 2 more months so I hope I can sell it within that time frame.

My ex has agreed to home my dogs for awhile until I can find a place that will take pets. I'm having a garage sale next week and maybe an estate sale next month if my craigslist stuff does not sell. I have no interest in storing stuff.

I've been out of work for 8 months now and no job in sight. I have applied for not less than 400 jobs, interviewed at least 80+ times. The average applicants in our area for office work is 120 and sometimes more than 200. Several times I've gotten down to the last 2 or 3 and had repeat interviews but can't seal the deal. Age matters, people. When you're less that 10yrs from standard retirement at 66, you are not an asset anymore, at least no longer a prime candidate.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
13-02-2016, 01:33 PM
(13-02-2016 12:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  For some reason I cannot stop thinking about my best friend who killed himself July 17th last year. I quite literally cannot get him out of my mind and its driving me nuts. Such a good person, could I have done more to help ? Why diddnt he ask me to help him ? Is it my fault, should I have known /been more proactive ? I've been like this for two days now its a major headfuck Sadcryface

I'm sorry for your loss. Maybe a counselor would be of help.

When my mother died, I didn't know about it for 6 months (I am estranged from my family for 25yrs) no one notified me. I had a hard time coming to terms with the grief/anger business and my counselor recommended I write it all down in a letter to her. I could share it with the counselor or not as I pleased but hold onto it for a month, read it several times then burn it and let it go.

I started to do this several times but just couldn't manage it but I think it a good idea and just because I don't have the strength to do it doesn't mean it might not help someone else.

Hope you find some peace. Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
13-02-2016, 01:40 PM
(13-02-2016 12:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  For some reason I cannot stop thinking about my best friend who killed himself July 17th last year. I quite literally cannot get him out of my mind and its driving me nuts. Such a good person, could I have done more to help ? Why diddnt he ask me to help him ? Is it my fault, should I have known /been more proactive ? I've been like this for two days now its a major headfuck Sadcryface

*Huugs*

I'm sure that if there was anything you could have done, you would have done it. In the end the choice was made by him. He chose not to seek more help.
And talking from the perspective.of.one who failed to. Kill himself, I'm sure he was very sorry to do this to those who loved him. But his.pain must have been so much greater to drive him so far. I don't think he could be saved without him asking for it first.

*Long firm hug*
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post